Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8158 8159 [8160] 8161 8162 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9378309 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122385 on: July 08, 2024, 12:04:25 pm »

Everytime I see somebody on social media or hear people talk about sex their body and how the two normally work for them in life it makes me feel intensely disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N87CwxwitNo

#relatable
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #122386 on: July 08, 2024, 03:03:25 pm »

Everytime I see somebody on social media or hear people talk about sex their body and how the two normally work for them in life it makes me feel intensely disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N87CwxwitNo

OMFG asdlk;fjlkjadfhjglk

thank you very much for this friend this made me laugh really really hard :)

*snip*
--

I appreciate the kind words :)

I realized the dysmorphia thing about a year after I moved. One of the other managers and me were talking and we realized our experiences lined up a lot. She also had the same kind of issues, she was heavier when she was younger and was kind of generally treated like shit (it's really more than just the sex/romance thing), and even though she had lost much more weight than I she still carried that with her and she still couldn't tell the difference when she looked in the mirror, even though it was obvious if you did a before/after. I mentioned it sounded like body dysmorphia and then I was like "oh" lol.

I'm going to spoiler this stuff, as well as my earlier post cos it's a little blue, I would have done it earlier but i was venting lol

Spoiler: the intimacy angle (click to show/hide)

Thank you very much for being kind folks I appreciate it a lot :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 03:18:00 pm by ggamer »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122387 on: July 08, 2024, 03:54:18 pm »

#1. There is nothing wrong with liking sex. It's natural for the vast majority of people. Sex and intimacy are very linked. They're basic human needs, and talking about it doesn't make you a freak. It makes you human.

Like I'm the worst piece of shit on the planet for caring about sex when it's been reinforced my entire adult life (by people who have had exponentially more sex than I have) that that's not important and the romance is important.

Sex in and of itself is an expression of romance. Even one night stands. That's just a specific kind of romance. If you just obsess about sex without valuing the connection and the person you're connecting to, then yeah, that's bad. But that's not MOST people. MOST people intrinsically feel both, even if one or the other diminishes with time. Best I can say is, you're not a monster for questioning your partner's attraction toward you because you haven't been sexual lately. And you're an adult enough to realize they're going through shit too and that's probably related. That's respect for who your partner is as a person, even if you're not having the kind of engagement you wish you were having right now. Don't beat yourself up about it. You're not wrong, and neither is she. You're both just in a place right now.

#2. Attraction comes and goes even in a relationship. You noticed it already; life stressors diminish people's attraction before you even factor the other person into the equation. Even Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, the poster-children for the perfect relationship, probably don't live 100% in that space all the time. Taking that and making about yourself when it may not be isn't healthy for you or your relationship. Or rather, it will drive someone already struggling with life stressors further away. And that may not be a bad thing? Because someone who shuts down intimacy because of their own life stuff without being clear with you about it isn't fair either, or makes for a good partner. Communication is key. Which leads to.....

#3. Not talking about it doesn't help anything. Yeah, the situation may come to a resolution on its own, but that's not a guarantee. You have to decide what price you put on getting an answer for your anxiety; no one really likes the conversation about "why you no bang me" because then you're forcing them to respond with something, and that something probably isn't going to immediately repair your intimacy. So don't say it like that. Just ask, and be ready to hear the answers.

Have this fear that we've talked about a lot, they say its like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Sounds like classic abandonment issues to me. You're always expecting to be abandoned so even when things are going "well", your subconscious is waiting for the other shoe to drop. That can be really taxing both on you and your partner. Even when reassured, your fear of abandonment makes you refuse to accept those reassurances. And eventually your partner is like "welp, I've told them, I've shown them, what else can I do? I guess this is out of my hands." And when they stop trying.....you see the other shoe dropping.

I haven't sent her anything like that in a year and she never even noticed. They sends me one every now and then so it's not like they aren't into the idea it's like they're, uh, just not that into me.

I know this feeling. Truly. Dealing with someone personally that I think likes the flirt but it's not necessarily about me. They're just happy to have someone safe to flirt with when the mood takes them (usually after they've been drinking.) That's a special kind of bullshit because personally, I don't play those kinds of games with people. And I shouldn't be playing these games with her, but those are my abandonment issues at play.

And then of course the eboy sadboy brush because that's the topping on the shit pie. Of course sex doesn't matter and of course if I wasn't a fucking fat weirdo I would already have had my fill and been ready to settle down for marriage at 25, and if I'm not it's because I'm like the fat southern fucking nick robinson walking up to any body who will listen with mushy eyes like please please please I'm so lonely UwU do you want to fuck me  :'( :'( :'( :'( It makes me feel even worse. I don't talk to my partner about this anymore because if they felt pressured to have sex with me for a single microinstant my heart would shrivel up and die inside my chest. So obviously the only answer is of course white girl internet answer (I don't have health insurance and I can't afford therapy) or just nut up and fucking deal with it. There's literally no other option for me here.

Bruh I'm in my 40s with a really, really spotty relationship record over the last decade. You're young. The best thing you can do is live in the now, not beat yourself up and stay positive. Lack of self-esteem is kryptonite to making connections. The only people that go for it are those who are drawn to vulnerability, which is fleeting, and people who are looking to exploit vulnerability. Everyone else merely tolerates it as "they're just in a time and place" until it goes on long enough they realize you live in that time and place perpetually. And they move on looking for someone who is happier and isn't consumed by self-loathing and doubt.

I say it all the time but, if you don't love yourself, can you really expect someone else to? No. You have to radiate that self belief, and that is a practice and mindset thing. Getting into the gym really changed that around for me. I learned to walk taller, know what I was capable of and stand prouder because of it. And that's when the attention really started rolling in. Your partner can notice these changes too, it's not just about the dating world.

I think twice I mentioned it to a friend and they just had no fucking clue what to say. What do you say? Everybody's default reaction is to put it on me, and figure it must be my fault somehow, so they have to be right.

Check the sig.

"When we're no longer able to change a situation, we're forced to change ourselves." You see it as "putting it on you." When the truth is, the only thing you CAN control is yourself. It's not "putting it on you", it's telling you where the only reasonable place to start is. In a non-judgmental, non-accusatory way. This is what people call "doing the work." You know your traumas, your triggers, your baggage, your misconceptions. You've got all the self-insight in front of you.....now what are you gonna do with it?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 07:21:59 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122388 on: July 09, 2024, 01:46:04 am »

"When we're no longer able to change a situation, we're forced to change ourselves." You see it as "putting it on you." When the truth is, the only thing you CAN control is yourself. It's not "putting it on you", it's telling you where the only reasonable place to start is. In a non-judgmental, non-accusatory way. This is what people call "doing the work." You know your traumas, your triggers, your baggage, your misconceptions. You've got all the self-insight in front of you.....now what are you gonna do with it?

Thank you for the kind advice friend. After all this this morning we ended up going out for drinks. It was going really well, though we got into a pretty lengthy "argument" about stuff. Not related to the intimacy thing really. Stuff that's come back up from when we had our short breakup about 3 months ago, not so much bringing up old shit as old shit bringing itself up lol.

(As an aside, I put argument in quotations because my partner is the best communicator I have ever had in my life, and that drives me to step up my game. I say argument but it was really more of a slightly drunk and heated conversation)

Truthfully the same thing you said has been on my mind, hence me saying it's mostly my brain goblins at work. We haven't gotten a ton of time together and getting to just relax drink a few beers and play arcade games with a woman I love very very much, and who was more comfortable with intimacy when she didn't have shit on her mind, was a balm for this whole incident.

Spoiler: tw SA (click to show/hide)

I hated that we got into an argument after but it was... unfortunately necessary. I don't really need to vent so no detail just that somebody who treated her very poorly in the past that she had cut off had started talking to her again, and that freaked me out a lot. I saw some texts I didn't like on her phone and freaked out about it. This was after getting cut off for 20 minutes while we had to talk to some autistic 30 year old who randomly approached us and now thought we were friends who wanted to hear all about how Vic Mignona has been poorly mistreated and there was never any proof for the accusations and the VA who accused him is just a jealous bitch with no range. On god nenjin I almost crashed out on this fucking guy at fucking midnight thirty. Partner played mediator and calmed the situation down which gave me the conversational space and presence of mind to come up with an excuse lol (I love her). We talked for like an hour and got cut short by her daughter calling. Rather than frustrate me or whatever it actually made me feel better. She's so dedicated to her child, making a better life for herself, and planning with me and getting excited about the life we can build together, after two years of dating. even though we have our bumps every time we come together to communicate about the issue and get to what needs getting to. It's hard because these feelings stack up when I have to spend weeks without seeing her at all, but she just knows me man.

A little more detail I guess. I wanted to look through aforementioned texts after she tried to show me some to reassure. Basically guy texting is a former friend that doesn't understand boundaries and doesn't understand that he doesn't "deserve his chance" since he's been friends with her for so long (actual nick robinson behavior). When I saw him being gushy I got really upset and basically demanded to see her phone and look through the texts (I would have been more conscious of it, had I read your reply about trying to be conscious of these insecurities lol. But seeing that set off every single cheater bell in my entire endocrin system). after some back and forth she established that she can't control how people talk to her and that she has to get better and drawing these boundaries for herself and standing on them, because every partner she's had before hasn't respected her ability to generally take care of herself and do exactly that with people, and while my relationship warning bells were going off hers were going off in time for a completely different reason, that being me coming with that aggressive demand. Once that was established the way was clear. She's done nothing but love and trust me, how can I do anything less but return it?

We ended the night off with me saying basically that I respect that, I trust her and she has that faith for life, but that trust doesn't extend to fucko and as I established when we broke up for a short time I'm going to have to sit down and one on one with him to figure out what his fucking deal is. It came back up because she cut him off after we broke up, only for him to recently pop back up when her godmother (clueless) reached out. I love and respect her but I've gotta stand on business, and she loves me and respects that about me right back, hopefully. I can't and won't control this relationship but I will control how I react and how I treat my partner who has only tried to be kind to me, and thank god that we mutually support each other through our own brain funks. I've articulated what's gotten me so worked up and even an additional couple bullshit things on top of that can be resolved with time trust love and respect.

This is a hump but I think we'll get over it. Thank you for the kind advice my friend :)

Edit: also thank you for the very kind words about sex and intimacy. nobody's ever really told me that. It makes me feel a lot less insane for feeling that way and helps shrink a mountain back down to a molehill, if that makes any sense. Your perspective on the nudes helped a lot too, which isn't really a sentence I ever thought I'd type lol. It fits a lot with my partner's personality and even is helping reframe the intimacy issue for me a little bit. It's a lot easier to go without when I think of it as my partner finding comfort and true intimacy with me and that she wants that ability do to so safely without there being an expectation for some crazy shit, rather than her just not being interested in me. Hey, just generally you're a really level headed person and I appreciate that a lot because it hasn't been a level headed day.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 01:52:01 am by ggamer »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #122389 on: July 09, 2024, 01:15:18 pm »

Intimacy stuff can be really hard to unpack through no fault of one's own, and it's okay if that takes time. I've had anxiety attacks just from people implying or offering to send risque stuff digitally for reasons I'm still unsure about, even though ideologically I'm totally okay with it (and there's a conversation to be had here about consent and boundaries, but the latest time it happened I was consenting to being uncomfortable, so). Remember to give yourself grace and patience, America has a horribly convoluted relationship with nudity and intimacy (including the horribly TERFy idea that men are opportunists that just want sex and are dangerous for it- this one is particularly insidious!) and, even in supportive, healthy company, it can be difficult to shake the phantasms of one's upbringing or sociocultural credence. That baggage can be heavy.

It's also okay to want something casual or committed, as much as it's okay to be in a place about either of them. I'm mentally unwell. I'm not in a place where I can commit to a relationship with all the bells and whistles; what I'd like more than anything is to get stoned, get canoodly, and get cuddly while watching something insignificant, like GDQ speedruns. I'm also bad at both seeking that out (or knowing how to ask, really), and quashing my insecurities about jumping to that kind of relationship. That doesn't make me less for being or wanting that sort of intimacy, and it doesn't diminish my capability to give and connect in a proper relationship. This is just where I'm at for now, and is what I feel I need. It's not a judge of character to have needs, and those needs can be loud if they're not managed. There are no such thing as thought crimes, you are what you do about it, right? It reads like you've got a pretty good base to work from, so may your healing be swift.

--

Sorry, I guess I'm springboarding off of your posts a little bit. I'm mentally unwell. It's weirdly palpable once you're in the thick of it, y'know? There's a lot I need. There's a lot I need to do for my health. There's a lot I need to do for my future. There's a lot I need to do at work.

There's a lot I just don't have the capacity to do in respect to any of that, despite knowing that it would improve my mental health. That's frustrating. There's bits I can pick at, and that'll have to be enough.

I'm tired. I don't need a mental health day, I need a mental health month. A mental health eternity sounds too much like ideation. I'm hopeful, just very, very burnt out.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122390 on: July 09, 2024, 04:48:06 pm »

Both genders have gotten it rough on sexual ideology in America.

Men are expected to be players, and we are both at times looked down on for it but expected to be it, and it's celebrated by part of our culture. We're assumed by default to be creeps who prioritize getting laid before everything else, but if you're NOT sexually adventurous or stereotypically "masculine" in pursuing women, then there's also something "wrong" with you.

For women they're expected to be virtuous, and we slut shame plenty, and yet if you're NOT putting dat ass out there for people to covet, there's something wrong with you too.

Like None said, we have one of the most dysfunctional understandings of sex in modern developed nations. Going to Europe as an American was eye opening (heh) because they're so casual about nudity and sexual encounters, whereas in American we make a BFD about it. If you're having casual sexual encounters in America, you're "a type of person." Europeans just don't seem to put as much weight on it. Americans are in love with our taboos. We say we hate them but we secretly covet them until they become a real dysfunction. This isn't to say European and other views of sexuality are "just right and correct compared to America." But man they seem to wrestle with it so much less than we do.

-----

also thank you for the very kind words about sex and intimacy. nobody's ever really told me that. It makes me feel a lot less insane for feeling that way and helps shrink a mountain back down to a molehill, if that makes any sense. Your perspective on the nudes helped a lot too, which isn't really a sentence I ever thought I'd type lol.

You're welcome. I resent people demonizing the libido when I have always acted on it responsibly and with respect. No one should be shamed for enjoying something we biologically are driven to do. No one is a creep for having feelings and checking, respectfully, if they match someone else's. The whole myth of men being sexual creatures and women are not is such BS that, for better or worse, modern social media has put it in its grave. We're all sexual creatures to greater or lesser extents (asexual people withstanding, also very ok), and no one should be made to carry more baggage on something so fundamental to human happiness and well being. What I always tell women when it comes to the topic of sex is.....I fuck the person, not the body. There are a cool billion bodies out there I'd be ok being next to. But it's connecting with a person, making that person feel funny, that makes it magical for me. You can have a 10/10 body but a 3/10 personality, and I won't be legitimately attracted to you. If you just wanna get laid, go find a sex worker. Don't fuck up or fuck with someone else's emotions just so you can have a momentary gratification of the senses.

We ended the night off with me saying basically that I respect that, I trust her and she has that faith for life, but that trust doesn't extend to fucko

I'd posit that your trust should begin and end with her. If you've agreed you're in a relationship, and other flames keep texting her despite her saying not to, but she doesn't block them, then that is something to talk about. If you're clear about what you need to see (and yes, presenting demands in a relationship can be reasonable given the context) and she's not doing it, then you have a problem. Fucko is going to be Fucko regardless of what she says or does. All she can do is affirm what she says she wants by taking action....i.e. blocking someone who won't take the fucking hint, because it's the right thing to do by everyone: her, you and him. No one is served well by keeping open connections that they chose not to pursue. No one should accept being the side guy/side girl/fall back emotional validation. We all deserve more than that. Even Fucko.

I can't and won't control this relationship but I will control how I react and how I treat my partner who has only tried to be kind to me, and thank god that we mutually support each other through our own brain funks. I've articulated what's gotten me so worked up and even an additional couple bullshit things on top of that can be resolved with time trust love and respect.

That sounds eminently reasonable and fair to me.

Hey, just generally you're a really level headed person and I appreciate that a lot because it hasn't been a level headed day.

Hah, thanks. I'm level-headed when attempting to tell other people their business :P Most people who know me in real life would not describe me as level-headed. I'm a passionate individual who feels things intensely and deconstructs them intellectually afterward. That's why I write so much: it helps me process things in a reasonable, level-headed way. But that doesn't make me level-headed. It's way easier to seem reasonable talking about someone else's life than it is to approach one's own life reasonably. But one cannot see the full scope of the storm from within the eye. It takes someone outside of it to see that.

Sorry, I guess I'm springboarding off of your posts a little bit. I'm mentally unwell. It's weirdly palpable once you're in the thick of it, y'know? There's a lot I need. There's a lot I need to do for my health. There's a lot I need to do for my future. There's a lot I need to do at work.

There's a lot I just don't have the capacity to do in respect to any of that, despite knowing that it would improve my mental health. That's frustrating. There's bits I can pick at, and that'll have to be enough.

I'm tired. I don't need a mental health day, I need a mental health month. A mental health eternity sounds too much like ideation. I'm hopeful, just very, very burnt out.

I hear this. I got 5 days off for the 4th of July + the weekend, and I didn't come back refreshed. Mostly I stayed up until the birds started singing, drank way too much coffee and played way too much Elden Ring. But I did clean my apartment from top to bottom and that was helpful for a lot of things.

I'm at work for another week then I'm taking a legit 10 days off to go see family and spend some time on a beach. I'm hoping that refills my tanks. I'm also exhausted and dipping in and out of inner turmoil about relationships or the lack thereof. My focus has been shot for over a year now and I can see it in how I'm working and how I'm not processing things with the clarity I used to. So much of my mental energy is still tied up in things I can't do anything about and should have let go of, if only they'd actually let go of me.....I'm a little tired of myself, tbh, and the cyclical nature of my thoughts, disappointments and anxieties. So I'm hoping a total change of scenery and breaking out of my norms for a few days really helps. (Also, possibly getting some high quality sleep for once.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 09:43:12 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122391 on: July 09, 2024, 05:13:51 pm »

I think the minoxidil had minimal overall effect. A bit of darkening and that's it.

The alternatives now are oral minoxidil, which is going to cause more body and facial hair, both of which I want to avoid, and a transplant, which is expensive.

Looks like I'll be searching for wigs. The thing I didn't want.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122392 on: July 09, 2024, 05:51:44 pm »

Or shave it and rock it with confidence.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122393 on: July 09, 2024, 06:06:54 pm »

Yeah nah, I look very distinctly male like that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122394 on: July 09, 2024, 06:42:29 pm »

Ah, I get it now.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122395 on: July 10, 2024, 12:20:04 am »

I think the minoxidil had minimal overall effect. A bit of darkening and that's it.

The alternatives now are oral minoxidil, which is going to cause more body and facial hair, both of which I want to avoid, and a transplant, which is expensive.

Looks like I'll be searching for wigs. The thing I didn't want.

My partner is a woman who's an aficionado with wigs, as she loves to experiment with her natural hair and in addition to cosplaying just prefers to wear wigs in general a lot of the time. A good one should run you about 50-80 dollars, and to my understanding if you care for them the same way you would natural hair it's literally impossible to tell :) My partner has a shockingly pink and floofy head of hair that doesn't like to be styled (it's beautiful), but she prefers to wear a daily driver wig that is straight black and goes down to her waist and it looks just as lovely. I think if you'd like a way to rock some girlier hair, that would be a good way to do it!~

I'd posit that your trust should begin and end with her. If you've agreed you're in a relationship, and other flames keep texting her despite her saying not to, but she doesn't block them, then that is something to talk about. If you're clear about what you need to see (and yes, presenting demands in a relationship can be reasonable given the context) and she's not doing it, then you have a problem. Fucko is going to be Fucko regardless of what she says or does. All she can do is affirm what she says she wants by taking action....i.e. blocking someone who won't take the fucking hint, because it's the right thing to do by everyone: her, you and him. No one is served well by keeping open connections that they chose not to pursue. No one should accept being the side guy/side girl/fall back emotional validation. We all deserve more than that. Even Fucko.

It's very funny you say that about fucko, because I basically laid out this exact boundary before we called it for the night and I hopped on to check bay12. It's going to have to be addressed but I'm hopeful for the future :) I might add "We all deserve more than that, even Fucko" to my signature XD

Hah, thanks. I'm level-headed when attempting to tell other people their business :P Most people who know me in real life would not describe me as level-headed. I'm a passionate individual who feels things intensely and deconstructs them intellectually afterward. That's why I write so much: it helps me process things in a reasonable, level-headed way. But that doesn't make me level-headed. It's way easier to seem reasonable talking about someone else's life than it is to approach one's own life reasonably. But one cannot see the full scope of the storm from within the eye. It takes someone outside of it to see that.

My friend I don't really know if anyone can! I am beyond grateful to my friends irl and my "pen pals" on here who have listened to my problems and helped me understand my own blind spots, because if it wasn't for that I would be a completely unrecognizable person. You and several other vets on this forum are on that list :)

I'm at work for another week then I'm taking a legit 10 days off to go see family and spend some time on a beach. I'm hoping that refills my tanks. I'm also exhausted and dipping in and out of inner turmoil about relationships or the lack thereof. My focus has been shot for over a year now and I can see it in how I'm working and how I'm not processing things with the clarity I used to. So much of my mental energy is still tied up in things I can't do anything about and should have let go of, if only they'd actually let go of me.....I'm a little tired of myself, tbh, and the cyclical nature of my thoughts, disappointments and anxieties. So I'm hoping a total change of scenery and breaking out of my norms for a few days really helps. (Also, possibly getting some high quality sleep for once.)

Going to the beach and spending time with family is quite literally the best medicine for me when I find myself stuck in a pattern or rotating old thoughts or traumas in my head. Hey, and other people on vacation are a lot more libertine too! It's nice to be able to get drunk, make a lot of friends that don't really have a lot of expectations, and maybe even find the same with someone you can spend some alone time with :)

Intimacy stuff can be really hard to unpack through no fault of one's own, and it's okay if that takes time. I've had anxiety attacks just from people implying or offering to send risque stuff digitally for reasons I'm still unsure about, even though ideologically I'm totally okay with it (and there's a conversation to be had here about consent and boundaries, but the latest time it happened I was consenting to being uncomfortable, so). Remember to give yourself grace and patience, America has a horribly convoluted relationship with nudity and intimacy (including the horribly TERFy idea that men are opportunists that just want sex and are dangerous for it- this one is particularly insidious!) and, even in supportive, healthy company, it can be difficult to shake the phantasms of one's upbringing or sociocultural credence. That baggage can be heavy.

It's also okay to want something casual or committed, as much as it's okay to be in a place about either of them. I'm mentally unwell. I'm not in a place where I can commit to a relationship with all the bells and whistles; what I'd like more than anything is to get stoned, get canoodly, and get cuddly while watching something insignificant, like GDQ speedruns. I'm also bad at both seeking that out (or knowing how to ask, really), and quashing my insecurities about jumping to that kind of relationship. That doesn't make me less for being or wanting that sort of intimacy, and it doesn't diminish my capability to give and connect in a proper relationship. This is just where I'm at for now, and is what I feel I need. It's not a judge of character to have needs, and those needs can be loud if they're not managed. There are no such thing as thought crimes, you are what you do about it, right? It reads like you've got a pretty good base to work from, so may your healing be swift.

It's really hard to find somebody outside of a committed relationship that's willing to help with intimacy issues like that! As you might have gathered I haven't had the best track record when I was looking for casual sex, but what I did find was a lot of people who like to dance sing have fun and maybe even share a brief kiss with a stranger they just met that night, if they're confident enough that the other person isn't coming in with loaded expectations. It's not really connected enough to be intimate, but in a way that can help with the nerves if that kind of hot and heavy contact makes you anxious. The type of thing where you can dance with somebody and feel that contact and explore how it makes you feel, and dip out if you start feeling uncomfortable with mostly no consequences. If you can believe it I was wound into an even tighter gay little protestant knot before I explored that kind of thing, and it really really helped, way more so than me trying to find romantic relationships in my tiny ass hometown and explore things that way. Maybe don't do what I did and start chasing down those feelings, because you'll end up disappointed more often than not when the other person doesn't like the idea of moving onto sex from there. That could also just be my own experiences coloring that opinion XD

I have been in the same situation! I dropped out of college because I had too many things I needed to do and not enough me to do it. The end result of that was me just taking on as much work as physically possible until I reached a point where I had to leave home or else i was going to flip out! And even though I saved up money pushing myself like that, I was back to square one after three months in atlanta with no job and two financially irresponsible roommates, who then ground down my ability to do any basic cleaning or self care tasks. It took a while for me to get my head straight; the biggest piece of advice I can give you is to start breaking down tasks into more manageable pieces, and instead of trying to do what you can in big spurts when you have the energy, try to do as much daily work on that goal as you can keep up for the forseeable future. This can be tough because it can be hard to tell what your own capacity for these things is when you're in the middle of it, so it's going to take trial and error to figure out what works consistently. If you're over capacity mentally with your current goals, then all taking a mental health day/month/year is going to do is put you back in the exact same position once you try and take on that load again after it put you in that spot to begin with. After about two years of breaking down my goals into more manageable pieces, I've gotten to a point where I have a job I like (after two years of dogshit jobs lol) and I'm able to take care of my home and my self care consistently while having enough spoons left over to maintain relationships with the ppl I keep close.

So, I'd suggest taking one of the three and focusing on that. (As an aside somebody check me if this sounds dumb this is just what I feel works). If you don't have the money to focus on your health and plan for your future, then spend your spoons looking for a job that pays well enough to support those two needs while leaving you with the mental energy to work on the other two. If your health is too bad physically or mentally but you are decently set with a job and you have a sound future plan, then spend your spoons on self care. If you find yourself wondering why you're even trying with your health and with work, then put a little less effort into both and use your leftover spoons to think about something you can build to in the future that makes you happy. And if all three are pressing down and you find yourself scrambling to find the spoons to stay alive, then reach out and do so fucking lethally. Say fuck it to all three goals! You are running on a clock right now until you run out of spoons to dig yourself out of this state. Spend your spoons applying to government aid programs you are eligible for, go to food banks to save money on groceries, go to religious organizations and lie intelligently about your religious affiliation to get whatever charitible aid they give out, reach out to family and friends if you have any that are on good terms and get the help from them that they're willing to give and that won't piss them off if they have to provide it for as long as it takes to get stable (use those words exactly when you ask if you have to).

Shit, legitimately start committing non violent crimes in minecraft if you have to! The emeralds that come from trading redstone are just as green as the emeralds you'd get elsewhere! I would say this is an emergency red button option as the type of villagers that like to trade redstone can be a real tough crowd, however, and sometimes admins can be real dicks completely out of nowhere; additionally if you sink into the redstone trade it can be even harder to get out unless you play the game intelligently, because these villagers only know how to trade redstone and they don't like seeing people moving on from that life. Play on an alternate account and don't ever ever tell them your main or any other identifying information, classic internet safety. Fuck it man if you're a Steve that's Like That and you wanna run up on some Illagers and Witches for the emeralds then pick your targets well and execute intelligently, the only thing you're justifying yourself to is your own moral framework and God. It goes without saying that this should be a last resort, because one small slip up on your pillaging run and you might not ever log off of that kind of server, you feel me? DM me for more Minecraft tips tricks and FAQs.

The point is your life is worth something and you should protect it and nurture it through any means you're ethically willing to use. It would be a loss to the world if that weight crushed you before your potential is realized, and I for one wouldn't want that to happen. You've been told to be selfless decent genteel and respectable by a world that wants to giving tree the fucking life out of every human on the planet, so it's time to be selfish my friend :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 12:23:49 am by ggamer »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122396 on: July 10, 2024, 02:59:47 pm »

Ugh, just been feeling kind of shit today. Don't know if it's that I forgot to take my sertraline twice in a row, being tired, or today just generally being a faff. Or a combination of the above.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #122397 on: July 11, 2024, 01:09:01 pm »

Thanks, ggamer. I'll be okay, and I'm truly in a really lucky and comfortable position right now (housing/financially/workwise); there's just the metaphorical monarch butterfly corpse caught in the door somewhere between the wrinkles of my brain and it periodically emits miasma, and occasionally a fouler funk of the soul exudes when the body goes into revolt over some food that most reasonable people can eat. There's emotional damage to tend to, and some days are just better than others.

Most importantly, I have time. Time, and virtually no oversight for my remote job, lol. It's perhaps not a LOT of time (i'm considering expatriating considering/depending on current political issues), but I have it, and that gives me leeway to improve my physical/mental wellbeing first.

I took a good day or two to get back out to the bouldering gym and to schedule an appointment with a doctor to establish care here. I'm hoping the latter leads to a reexamination of my medication, a reference to a therapist, maybe a dietician, and a couple other physical checkboxes.

It'll get better. I just have to bear the lows as they come, and act on the highs when they're available.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122398 on: July 12, 2024, 10:06:59 am »

A long-time acquaintance advocating for doing work under the table to avoid paying taxes.

People online advocating for offering bribes to power repair crews in Texas to prioritize certain work over others.

What is wrong with our society....where is the virtue?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122399 on: July 12, 2024, 10:52:44 am »

Money is the only virtue anyone recognizes these days.

I just got off a call with a new customer in Texas who is grousing that the people they hired to do shop work are unhappy they're working in an unconditioned bay for 8 hours a day in 110 degree heat.

I mean....just look at the Supreme Court. They just ruled that it's not a bribe if you can't prove it was a bribe. If you pay someone extra for something they did for you AFTER the fact, it's just a "gift" and not a "bribe."

Basically, America for the last 20+ years has boiled down to "Fuck you, as long as I get mine."
Pages: 1 ... 8158 8159 [8160] 8161 8162 ... 8166