Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8141 8142 [8143] 8144 8145 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9526090 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122130 on: November 12, 2023, 04:41:50 pm »

In case it needs to be said: higher fiber, lower protein diets will at least help with crapping not making them worse. Low fiber + persistent hemorrhoids = bad.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122131 on: November 12, 2023, 04:57:26 pm »

Wet wipes are also useful in keeping the area clean. Only use one though, else you’ll clog your pipes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122132 on: November 12, 2023, 06:08:42 pm »

Hey, they ain't my pipes, they're the uni's pipes.

I've got suppositories to help (Also horrific, but in a different way), some hydrocortisone cream because sometimes the area gets horrifically itchy for no apparent reason (I'm maintaining good hygiene down there), and I'm taking some osmotic laxatives and drinking more. I think the issue's been less about me having insufficient fiber and more not drinking enough. And my temperamental bowels which will randomly go "Right, spring clean!"
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122133 on: November 12, 2023, 06:12:39 pm »

Flushing wet wipes is something you do if you hate your entire town and want them to suffer.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122134 on: November 12, 2023, 06:39:41 pm »

I've got suppositories to help (Also horrific, but in a different way), some hydrocortisone cream because sometimes the area gets horrifically itchy for no apparent reason (I'm maintaining good hygiene down there), and I'm taking some osmotic laxatives and drinking more. I think the issue's been less about me having insufficient fiber and more not drinking enough. And my temperamental bowels which will randomly go "Right, spring clean!"

Agreed on the suppositories. Also, if your bowels are doing that, might want to have a proctologist check inside. That sounds like the start of what I'm going through now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122135 on: November 12, 2023, 06:51:08 pm »

It all sounds really familiar to me too, but for me it passed after a couple months.  I only used occasional hydrocortisone cream (and stopped using some underwear that squeezing the cheeks too much- dunno if related).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122136 on: November 12, 2023, 08:53:57 pm »

Agreed on the suppositories. Also, if your bowels are doing that, might want to have a proctologist check inside. That sounds like the start of what I'm going through now.
Yeah, I really should. It's been doing it for a couple of years. I'll mention it to the doctor, see what they say.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #122137 on: November 13, 2023, 02:47:23 am »

Forget about wipes and get a bidet hose. They are cheap, and it will be gentler on your tissue. And cleaner
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #122138 on: November 13, 2023, 07:36:34 am »

Flushing wet wipes is something you do if you hate your entire town and want them to suffer.
We legit had a long reign of terror caused by the pipe bandit, who would keep flushing compacted balls of paper towels down our shitty workplace low pressure pipes, causing massive burst damage [worst of all for the below ground lab guys who literally had it chocolate rain]

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122139 on: November 13, 2023, 07:50:50 am »

I know a guy who works in water treatment, and all the stories you've ever heard of the mess those things cause in the water system falls far short of the mark.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122140 on: November 13, 2023, 04:51:40 pm »

Meanwhile, wetting some TP works just about as well.

Honorable mentions for Witch Hazel too. It's one of the active ingredients in Hemorrhoid creams. You can just buy it as a liquid. Wet some cotton pads with it, stuff it on up there after a shower or after you've cleaned yourself, leave it for a few minutes to absorb. It can help them close up and stop bleeding, and reduce inflammation. It's a daily ritual of mine after I had a really bad flare up a few years ago.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 04:54:56 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122141 on: November 13, 2023, 05:12:44 pm »

They sell those as little pad things, incidentally, if you don't want to deal with the extra steps. Was recommended to me to help with my grandfather by a cousin who used them to help with post pregnancy stuff of similar intent -- they're sold as helping with that about as often as for hemorrhoids specifically. Used them myself since, they're definitely helpful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122142 on: November 13, 2023, 05:34:21 pm »

Yeah but for a "life time solution", a $4 pack of cotton pads and a $6 bottle of Witch Hazel will last you months, vs. repeatedly buying a $10 pack of whatever of pre-packaged pads.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122143 on: November 13, 2023, 06:11:16 pm »

Eh... where I'm at it's about 7 bucks for a 200 count of pads. Even if you're using one every shit and every shower it's also going to last a month or two or whatever, heh. But yeah, it's a bit more expensive for a bit more convenience. Not bank breaking either way, just depends on preference.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122144 on: November 17, 2023, 10:47:41 am »

Got a lecturer who's a perfectly good lecturer, and absolutely fine as a person, but the way she teaches mixes with me like oil and water. It's bad enough that every day I have a lecture with her makes me feel drained and unhappy the rest of the day.

Thankfully her lectures are few and far between.
Pages: 1 ... 8141 8142 [8143] 8144 8145 ... 8169