Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8135 8136 [8137] 8138 8139 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528170 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122040 on: September 06, 2023, 08:19:39 pm »

I think the whole beauty based society is a bit overblown, yeah being good looking might help one deal with other people, but in the end beauty alone is not enough to get by, much less succeed. Plenty of below average or even outright ugly people live comfortably, plenty of them reproduce, plenty of them even hold positions of power.

You wish. more and more studies show that in job interviews, 'beauty' scores more points than qualification and capability.
We live in a world where it is better to be beautiful and retarded, than average looking and capable.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122041 on: September 06, 2023, 08:21:38 pm »

Pretty much everything humans do is environmentally unfriendly.
Agree. But that's no excuse for being deliberately wasteful

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122042 on: September 06, 2023, 08:23:31 pm »

martinuzz with the hat-trick, match ball please.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122043 on: September 06, 2023, 08:26:20 pm »

Yeah sorry, impulse control not working optimally on my birthday after a couple of bees beers

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122044 on: September 06, 2023, 08:45:42 pm »

Nah don’t worry about it I just thought it was amusing. We tend to get a bit uppity about it sometimes.

Happy birthday though. Or… *checks thread* sad birthday? That’s not very nice…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122045 on: September 06, 2023, 09:15:43 pm »

What can I say. I do believe that my current birthday is the most emotionally sad rollercoaster I have ever had.
My mom is manic again. Could have been prevented if only the retarded fucktard of GP would have listened to me when I told him repeatedly over the past months that all signs pointed to hypomania again.

But fuck, who ever listens to silly old me, who is more qualified by education to deal with the intricasies of the troubed mind than a medical practioner. (I am a pedagogue and social care worker, ((and biologist but that's irrelevant)), not to mention expert by experience (let's just say that this is not the first psychiatric crisis episode of my mom).

Repetitio ad nauseam. Last time it happened psychiatrist literally bent down on his knees to apologize to me for not listening. But shite, if manic episodes have a 7-8 year period, you never see the same psychiatrist / team / hospital so it's always back to square 1.

So my past 3 weeks were crisis management, culminating in the GP making a wrong estimate of severeness 3 times in two weeks, wrongfully doubling the dose of Depakine, leading to my mom falling down and having a severe head wound due to too high levels of Depakine in the blood (it shuts down the muscles).

She's in hospital now for 3 days. One day Emergency ward, 2 days medical internal ward. She thinks it's 1970 and she thinks she needs to call the supermarket because she missed an appointment with the diabetes nurse. The hospital emergency ward doctors spent 6 hours not being emergency  ward doctors, they spent their time being transfer nurses, making phonecalls. No one wants to take in my mom. Too many labels. So now she's in a hospital bed, occupying space needed for medical patients, getting worse by the day because internal hospital ward nurses are in no way educated to deal with the insane.
The acute psychiatric ward won't have her because she needs too much attention.
The revalidation homes won't have her because she has a psychiatric diagnosis.
Her own home won't have her because their nurses aren't educated to deal with psychiatric issues, and they are not allowed to lift people.
The nurses put a catheter in her because she asks to go to the toilet every 5 minutes and they don't have time for that.
She's too manic psychotic to understand what a catheter is so she is still calling the nurses every 5 minutes because she thinks she needs to pee.

So uh yeah. Not my best birthday.
The fucktard of a GP is going to get his ass dragged to the disciplinary comittee though. He should consider himself lucky if he can get a job as supermarket stock clerk when I, the emergency ward doctors, and the distric nurse are done with him.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 09:25:37 pm by martinuzz »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122046 on: September 07, 2023, 12:26:37 am »

The vast majority of species that's existed are dead as fuck at this point, heh.
"Species" is a concept we made up anyways, almost every organism is a little different and a little the same as every other. An even larger proportion of the organisms which have ever existed are dead~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122047 on: September 07, 2023, 01:02:14 am »

All earth life is dead. It's just a question of what time you choose as your reference point.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #122048 on: September 07, 2023, 01:50:42 am »

"Species" is a concept we made up anyways, almost every organism is a little different and a little the same as every other. An even larger proportion of the organisms which have ever existed are dead~

"Life" is also just a concept we made up for convenience; everything is simply stuff and quasi-complex structures made of that same stuff (granted, even the existence of "stuff" isn't as concrete).
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122049 on: September 07, 2023, 02:53:51 am »

He was comparing his parent's generation to his own and preceding ones. The dating experience in 1950, 1960, 1970 is very, very different than it is now.
Neat thing is, from what I've picked up of studies into the issue, our more recent generations are actually, like... better at it? Than those ones. Even with all the new problems trends that's popped up, they're more likely to form lasting, healthy relationships, all that jazz.

People keep being surprised when they look into it, expecting it to be some kind of horrible hellscape worse in myriad ways than the methods of yesteryear but it keeps turning out the kids are kinda' okay. They got all sorts of problems that are getting worse but relationship wrangling apparently isn't one of them.

I certainly haven't look into things enough to say with certitude, but all I heat points to people dating less and being lonelier. I hardly call that "better at it"
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #122050 on: September 07, 2023, 06:57:03 am »

One of my fish has died.

The worrying thing is that I don't know where it went... My tank is small, with 4 (well...3 now.) ricefish roughly all the same size. The littlest of them has disappeared for no more than a day, no body in the filter or tubing, no apparent corpse anywhere else. I find it hard to believe it was eaten by the others, and there's no way the snails processed a whole body that fast...I think. They can't jump out either.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122051 on: September 07, 2023, 12:10:59 pm »

That's always a concerning event. Is it possible it's been macerated by the filter? Absent something that can eat the body the most solid assumption to me is it got blitzed by a filter mechanism and the remaining bits are just hard to notice.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122052 on: September 07, 2023, 12:22:25 pm »

Check your toddlers breath for fishy smells
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122053 on: September 07, 2023, 05:24:45 pm »

I would still suspect the snails of eating the body. They can be voracious little scavengers, and that's about the only thing they'll move fast for.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #122054 on: September 08, 2023, 07:40:05 am »

That's always a concerning event. Is it possible it's been macerated by the filter? Absent something that can eat the body the most solid assumption to me is it got blitzed by a filter mechanism and the remaining bits are just hard to notice.

Probably not, it's a pour over filter, so anything solid is left on top of the filter material (which forces me to clean it every month)

I would still suspect the snails of eating the body. They can be voracious little scavengers, and that's about the only thing they'll move fast for.

They do seem energized these days...the little menaces. Well I suppose they've done their job, then.

Check your toddlers breath for fishy smells

How dare you. She'd never eat any fish that hasn't been battered and fried, as I've taught her!
Pages: 1 ... 8135 8136 [8137] 8138 8139 ... 8169