Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8128 8129 [8130] 8131 8132 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529322 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121935 on: August 18, 2023, 07:48:48 pm »

I'm gonna stop giving step-by-step updates

I lied.

I'm quite shook at the moment. We had a call, which is a biweekly thing at this point. This was the first video call though.

Anyway we talked about nonsense for a bit  then she was like 'it's kinda late now but I wanted to talk about something important'

So apparently during this summer academy thing she met some guy and got friendly, they were dancing and he tried to kiss her. I suspect she reciprocated for a bit then broke it off, citing that she was involved with someone in NI (me).

He's still texting her apparently, but it turns out he lives like 7 hours from her anyway (😅😥)

So she was like 'thoughts' and I told her I wasn't happy, I was upset, but we weren't technically in a relationship (she shrugged at that???) so she should make up her mind, I wasn't going to tell her what to do. She prodded a bit more, I said a bit more about not liking it, etc. Then she revealed he would also be long distance and I told her that I'd be outright angry if she chose someone else long distance (in a mock-yet-serious way) and she nodded.

The conversation moved on rather awkwardly from there.

Anyway yea I'm at my wit's end ah-hah
Going to see her in October but I'm gonna have to rein in so much rampant jealousy until then that I suspect it will be hurtful to me

So I've sent a text saying we need to clarify things either over phone or in-person over October. The latter option because I'd actually prefer it, but if she goes for that I'll stipulate that we be exclusive till then. I trust her enough that jealousy wouldn't really be an issue then.

But yea fuck this with a rusty screwdriver
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121936 on: August 18, 2023, 08:19:38 pm »

Anyway we talked about nonsense for a bit  then she was like 'it's kinda late now but I wanted to talk about something important'

So apparently during this summer academy thing she met some guy and got friendly, they were dancing and he tried to kiss her. I suspect she reciprocated for a bit then broke it off, citing that she was involved with someone in NI (me).

He's still texting her apparently, but it turns out he lives like 7 hours from her anyway (😅😥)

So she was like 'thoughts' and I told her I wasn't happy, I was upset, but we weren't technically in a relationship (she shrugged at that???) so she should make up her mind, I wasn't going to tell her what to do. She prodded a bit more, I said a bit more about not liking it, etc. Then she revealed he would also be long distance and I told her that I'd be outright angry if she chose someone else long distance (in a mock-yet-serious way) and she nodded.
This suggests, to me, that she wanted to hear you being jealous because she was trying to gauge whether you care. I'd be perceiving what you said and did as noncommittal and giving mixed signals, and it sounds like she was trying to push you to make a statement. In a way this is good news because it sounds like she wants to be in a relationship and wants you to want to be in a relationship, although it's not like I can be completely certain.

I suggest you try being firm and let yourself express jealousy a little.

Honestly, I'll go a little further and say that people, and generally especially women, don't tend to find an inward-focused anxiety response attractive. I'm not telling you not to privately freak out about it if that's just what you do and you can't help it, but I'd recommend signalling confidence to her by communicating about your thoughts, with an outward focus, and expressing your emotional needs as an entirely reasonable expectation which you do not feel you should have to compromise on (which they are).

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121937 on: August 19, 2023, 02:25:48 am »

Yea, I woke up first thing this morning and sent her a voice note saying I like her, but the story about the summer academy had made me jealous, which is not something I'm ever going to want to be.
I explained that wasn't because I don't trust her, but I have no security when she says we're not in a relationship. So I'd like to change that, at least for the time being.

Xxxx

Honestly not sure if I just torpedoed whatever we have, but.... I think it was necessary at this point.

I'll have clarity either way.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121938 on: August 19, 2023, 02:32:53 am »

Sounds like a good start. Good luck.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121939 on: August 19, 2023, 02:40:57 am »

Apparently not getting clarity was also an option 😅
She says she's not 100% sure, she has some thoughts, but we could talk later.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121940 on: August 19, 2023, 03:09:10 am »

I dont get good vibes. If you're not getting clarity... I'd call that clarity in itself, you know.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121941 on: August 19, 2023, 03:22:05 am »

Ehh, she was catching a train. I suspect it'll depend on what I say in the phonecall - how often I'll be able to see her, etc.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121942 on: August 21, 2023, 09:07:11 am »

Some retailers are already stocking Christmas items in their stores.  It's not even Labor Day yet.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121943 on: August 21, 2023, 09:47:27 am »

I remember hearing back in the day of that horseshit causing riots in france, at some point.

I had never heard something quite so positive about the french people before that, tbh. Not sure I have since, either, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121944 on: August 21, 2023, 10:35:32 am »

Ehh, she was catching a train. I suspect it'll depend on what I say in the phonecall - how often I'll be able to see her, etc.

Yea so she called yesterday and I handled it well I think, reiterated what I wanted and what I wouldn't accept. She had issues with calling it a relationship related to distance etc - and had written a page of notes on the matter, heh. Also apparently she typically hasn't codified relationships in the past. And then she had a fairly long indecisive period and started to cry. 'Ich hab dich lieb,' she said, which a cursory Google search suggests means something between 'I like you' and 'I love you'?

Anyway, so I suggested waiting til we met in October and treating that as a test-run, but if we did that I wasn't going to tolerate the situation with the other fella. She agreed but still seemed distressed. I hung up citing the irrelevance of my presence in the phone call.

Then she called that night and didn't want to hang up so fell asleep on video-call, said she liked me in ten different forms and strengths, apologised for being a 'red flag,' and suggested I visit in September when I'm in Germany with a friend (during a period I know is intensely busy for her) because 'it's important to me.'

And then today she says she's booking a plane ticket to visit this coming weekend, and could she stay with me.

So all in all... an emotional roller-coaster but.... a success? I'm gonna say a success. Though I'm still a bit confused tbh.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 10:41:25 am by TD1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121945 on: August 21, 2023, 06:32:24 pm »

As much as it's good for future sorting-things-out, starting up a new counseling, therapy or whatever is always unpleasant. Always involves delving into things that I'd rather not have delved into.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121946 on: August 21, 2023, 07:22:28 pm »

I feel so impotent. It is a crushing feeling that exist for no tangible reason. I just feel powerless.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121947 on: August 24, 2023, 03:54:54 am »

Please don't come unless I tell you to = I need to remind you every day not to come or else you will show up for nothing. Clearly it is my fault, I had the gal to speculate where they might be needed, and as the bad commuincator I am, I let slip out the location where they would not needed after all. So now it is my duty to do daily reminders not to go for nothing to the place where they are not needed.

And people still act dubious when I say communication doesn't work. I'm starting to believe the problem is optimism.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121948 on: August 27, 2023, 02:20:13 pm »

I feel so impotent. It is a crushing feeling that exist for no tangible reason. I just feel powerless.
Hope you're feeling more cuboid and magma fired now my dude

Please don't come unless I tell you to = I need to remind you every day not to come or else you will show up for nothing. Clearly it is my fault, I had the gal to speculate where they might be needed, and as the bad commuincator I am, I let slip out the location where they would not needed after all. So now it is my duty to do daily reminders not to go for nothing to the place where they are not needed.

And people still act dubious when I say communication doesn't work. I'm starting to believe the problem is optimism.
Some people are legit just awful at communicating. They're raised in this kind of politeness culture where it's polite to never ask a question that you don't already know the answer to, and you're supposed to just know what they really mean.

I love it = I love it
I love it = I hate it

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121949 on: August 27, 2023, 03:27:03 pm »

I love it = I love it
I love it = I hate it

Neurotypicals be like-
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 8128 8129 [8130] 8131 8132 ... 8169