Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8124 8125 [8126] 8127 8128 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529814 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121875 on: July 28, 2023, 12:47:57 pm »

This topic got me reflecting and I'm thinking tbst maybe my unrequited crushes were not do much unrequited as me being shit at picking up cues
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121876 on: July 28, 2023, 12:59:03 pm »

Oh yea that's me too ahahah
This one literally just told me she liked me, which was handy, but there were loooooots of signs I didn't understand til then.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121877 on: July 28, 2023, 01:31:02 pm »

Like I'm basically going through the same thing right now. Heard "I can't have a relationship with you." Ok. I start emotionally disconnecting. Stop texting her. Give her her space. Start feeling "normal" again. Then out the blue she texts and says "I miss you." Like, WTF do you actually want!!!!! Do my freaking feelings not matter at all?
One of my friends was dating this girl for 13 months when she suggested they break up. He asked her why she wanted to break up and she said she felt they should see other people since maintaining their relationship was more like a chore than something to look forward to. He says okay and they break up, in what he thought was a fairly mature and reasonable breakup. He finds out the next day from mutual friends she never wanted to break up and just wanted him to show her more attention, and she told all of their mutual friends that he had spontaneously dumped her. Many lost friends and 4 years later, she has a new boyfriend and contacts him, asking him how he's been and whether he'd like to meet up for a coffee or something. My friend is all "sure be great to catch up with you two" but she keeps pushing to meet him without her boyfriend and he just saw the red flags and bailed

I confess, I don't get it. I don't understand the emotional value of trying to stay emotionally (as in beyond just friends) connected to someone you're not actually going to have a relationship with. To me, something like that has almost no value because it's a temporary boost at best and a cause for sadness at worst. "Being wanted" doesn't really mean anything without "being had" to me. But I guess everyone is wired different. All I know is it keeps this perpetual state of ambiguity alive and I don't like it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121878 on: July 28, 2023, 04:43:41 pm »

Knowing that I'll never be able to make friends here because I'm terribly dull.

What, here? Why? I know your name at 136 posts without an avatar, which kinda surprises me, just earlier this week I wanted to kick myself because I can't remember the name of the guy who likes wasps, but since he vanished, I guess mission failed successfully. But looking at it I'm getting a bit afraid I might be obnoxiously loud in general discussion.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121879 on: July 28, 2023, 05:01:20 pm »

This topic got me reflecting and I'm thinking tbst maybe my unrequited crushes were not do much unrequited as me being shit at picking up cues
Dude, it took me three fucking years to realise that a girl who tried to kiss me wasn't just doing that because she was Spanish and trying to greet me.

Wasn't interested in her, but it sure says a lot that it took that long for my brain to connect the dots.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121880 on: July 28, 2023, 06:09:30 pm »

Fehhh  :-\  tbh I keep seeing these stories and relating to the women.  that's probably not great
Aren't emotions this tricky for everyone? :-\
(No, I know lots of men and women who are much more honest with themselves and others about who they want or don't)

I'm always saying "communication is key" but I think my partner and I have been mutually ghosting each other for a while now.  which is fine, I've processed it, but we should proooobably actually talk about it
We're both kinda busy though is all *facepalm*

Anyway here's a funny comic about a guy getting mixed messages, to fit the trend https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/feeling-felix/_/viewer?title_no=882271&episode_no=46
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121881 on: July 28, 2023, 06:54:23 pm »

Be more like me, you see there's no message to mix up if you never get any messages at all.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121882 on: July 28, 2023, 07:13:45 pm »

I've just learned that "actions matter, not words" through all this. Some people really do say things with no real emotional intelligence to understand what they're doing, internally or externally to the person they're interacting with. When someone says "I wanna see more of you" and then you send them a picture and don't hear back from them for a week, and this is the pattern of every interaction, after a certain point you start feeling like either they're too afraid of hurting you to just let go (which when point blank asked they said they aren't), or manipulating you for some emotional payoff on their end. Whether they're aware of it or not. At this point I feel like it's "phew, I reached out and said something sweet, now I'm off the hook for a while for feeling bad about the whole thing." If that's the case I'd rather be left alone to remember what it's like being alone, instead of constantly plucking at the scab.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121883 on: July 28, 2023, 07:17:32 pm »

Part of it I think is social niceties. It’s impolite to say “I don’t want to see you again” so they fall back on being “nice”.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121884 on: July 29, 2023, 05:15:28 am »

I confess, I don't get it. I don't understand the emotional value of trying to stay emotionally (as in beyond just friends) connected to someone you're not actually going to have a relationship with. To me, something like that has almost no value because it's a temporary boost at best and a cause for sadness at worst. "Being wanted" doesn't really mean anything without "being had" to me. But I guess everyone is wired different. All I know is it keeps this perpetual state of ambiguity alive and I don't like it.
For me it's a more pragmatic thing. Staying connected with ppl is emotionally taxing and I know more people than I can actually stay in constant contact with. So I only keep in touch with people I expect to actually interact with on a day to day basis

I've just learned that "actions matter, not words" through all this. Some people really do say things with no real emotional intelligence to understand what they're doing, internally or externally to the person they're interacting with. When someone says "I wanna see more of you" and then you send them a picture and don't hear back from them for a week, and this is the pattern of every interaction, after a certain point you start feeling like either they're too afraid of hurting you to just let go (which when point blank asked they said they aren't), or manipulating you for some emotional payoff on their end. Whether they're aware of it or not. At this point I feel like it's "phew, I reached out and said something sweet, now I'm off the hook for a while for feeling bad about the whole thing." If that's the case I'd rather be left alone to remember what it's like being alone, instead of constantly plucking at the scab.
90% of all my friends group do this to each other, even to me. Regularly promising to meet up then never show. Promising to call back then never do. Always telling each other they had a great time but then privately saying they had a shit time. They've got some kind of weird culture thing where you never ask a question if you don't already know the answer is yes, but no exists for a reason. Does my fucking head in because you have to solve the da vinci code just to figure out answers to basic shit.

"I know you said don't make any assumptions but I didn't know what assumptions I could make" - real fucking quote

"wouldn't you not say that I couldn't not be any less clearer than I am currently?"
"m8 that was like five negatives there's no way you did that by accident"
"it's a simple yes or no answer"
"I don't know which one means yes and which one means no. But you are not clear" - real fucking quotes

Fehhh  :-\  tbh I keep seeing these stories and relating to the women.  that's probably not great
Aren't emotions this tricky for everyone? :-\
(No, I know lots of men and women who are much more honest with themselves and others about who they want or don't)
I always keep a few principles in mind
-know yourself. Knowing yourself always vital in everything
-Make a decision and stick to it. Almost all life decisions are viable if you stick to one of them. But switching back and forth is impractical and tortures yourself. Applies to more than just relationships

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121885 on: July 29, 2023, 09:24:56 am »

I don't want to know myself. I hate myself, there's noone I'd like to know less of
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121886 on: July 29, 2023, 02:04:13 pm »

I don't want to know myself. I hate myself, there's noone I'd like to know less of
FOOL

If you are your greatest enemy, you must know your enemy to defeat them. Therefore you must know yourself to defeat yourself, but in knowing yourself, you make yourself from enemy into friend

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121887 on: July 29, 2023, 02:15:24 pm »

In a minor update, a group of us are going to Oktoberfest. She's not sure she'll be able to join, but sent a message suggesting I visit her (opposite side of country) if she can't.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121888 on: July 30, 2023, 10:24:59 am »

I'd advise against.  That cant end well
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121889 on: July 30, 2023, 10:33:00 am »

Well, she won’t travel cross-country to meet you, but expects you to travel internationally and then cross country to meet her?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8124 8125 [8126] 8127 8128 ... 8169