Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8090 8091 [8092] 8093 8094 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9533836 times)

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121365 on: December 31, 2022, 06:00:34 am »

Pope Benedict XVI has died. This is hardly unexpected, but it is sad nonetheless. Requiem aeternum dona eius, Domine.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121366 on: December 31, 2022, 10:49:42 am »

My depression is spiraling out of control again. I really need to call a therapist. There's one in town that looks promising, but I can't seem to find the willpower to pick up the damned phone because my brain keeps telling me that I shouldn't waste the therapist's time, and that they have more important people than me to worry about. I also really need to get back into the gym routine, but I can't seem to drag my sorry ass out there, either.

Stay strong Max. Don't doubt your own worth.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121367 on: December 31, 2022, 04:15:45 pm »

Just wished happy new year on my old forum.

There was no one. Only silence.

It kinda made me sad.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121368 on: December 31, 2022, 10:38:12 pm »

I am angered by so-called leftists which seem to be motivated by a superiority complex and ideological purity dick-measuring instead of any genuine desire to help other people's lives.

For example, those that expound that the Soviet Union was a complete utopia, Stalin was just such a good-hearted guy, and that clearly any inkling of a grievance against it must mean you are one of the FASCISTS (gasp).

Estonia had massive deportations under the USSR to destroy their nation and homogenize them with ethnic Russians, but clearly they are taking down Soviet monuments because they are all just Nazis salty about the USSR defeating the Nazis. The shit that comes out of some people...

This person'll praise Stalin moments after talking about defeating imperialism and trans rights. No self-awareness.

And in another place this person basically kissing up the Xi personality cult completely fucking unironically: https://twitter.com/Thinkythebrain/status/1574062044780941312?cxt=HHwWgMC-meHFmNgrAAAA

Can you imagine a Biden supporter, one of those liberals they are so upset about, doing this? This is more like something you would hear from a Trump cultist. This is like a parody -- the way he fucking raises his cup??

These are the people that talk about executing everybody who doesn't fall in exactly with their cognitively dissonant dogma like it's going to fetch a pail of water. Being ideologically pure is more important to them than being a good fucking person. They can't fathom that human rights, democracy, freedom are more than just talking points in their castle of unthinking doctrine but actual real things which must have actual real bases. To them it's a game of picking an ideology to root for as if picking a football team to root for.  I guess my grandfather's dozen siblings deserved to starve to death because they weren't Soviet enough. The most abject monstrosities can be justified if beforehand you say the right buzzwords -- they were "kulaks", or "counter-revolutionaries", or "nationalist bourgeoisie"! Ignore that they're a working peasant with a few acres of land whose recent ancestors were serfs. Sounds a little... fascist, doesn't it?

A reminder to all of you that dogma is destruction, and truth is beauty. Do not get misled by symbolism or vague bullshit hand-waving. Look at what's actually happening.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121369 on: December 31, 2022, 10:47:39 pm »

As I said a few days back, tankies are wild.

If you missed it, the guy I was talking about said that the USSR was a bastion of liberty and progressivism.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121370 on: December 31, 2022, 11:02:19 pm »

I just don't get the impulse to ass-kiss. Proud Ukrainian though I am I can acknowledge that Bandera was not a good guy or that Zelenskyy has dubious relationships with oligarchs. You don't need to defend Stalin and fellow criminals to be a lefty.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 11:06:04 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121371 on: December 31, 2022, 11:50:47 pm »

Politics as brands. Adidas idealism.
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121372 on: January 01, 2023, 01:49:35 am »

A lot of the new SCPs are shit, but 5732 got to me pretty bad.

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-5732
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #121373 on: January 01, 2023, 02:42:54 am »

I don’t think my boyfriend trusts me, and it really hurts
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #121374 on: January 01, 2023, 09:05:00 am »

Tankies are as bad as Nazis.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121375 on: January 01, 2023, 05:58:31 pm »

Another first world problem, with a dash of third world. Hahaha.

So I'm buying Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu for Pete, but Amazon decided to block my account due suspicious activities when I tried to buy a Nintendo gift card. Wierdly they didn't think it was suspicious when I started the Prime Subscription.... anyway, I had to call to a US number, at great expense for us, only to be told that the account is lost forever since we couldn't remember somethings in the security questions.

We created another Amazon account but no dice, they won't allow us to buy anything. So long Amazon then. However other less hectic options like Walmart or Target still require a billing address and United States phone number, which as you know I don't have.

There are local solutions, you can buy a giftcard here, you have to pay a bit extra but is not that much, about 5 dollars or a 10% overcharge depending on the dealer.

I'm just very annoyed at this because was looking up to spend the day playing with the kid and watching series with my wife.

I understand that Amazon might have seen enough cons schemes for a million lifetimes, but if I'm writing you from the email, calling you from the phone and giving you all the paying details is really not enough???!!!!

At least they say they'll be refunding the Amazon Prime purchase and cancelling the subscription (even got a written confirmation of this)... but is still very annoying.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 06:00:22 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121376 on: January 01, 2023, 06:06:49 pm »

That's pretty on par for them, I had a dormant account that never bought anything, after 5 years I use it once, update my adress and payment info, suspicious!!! blocked.

I wrote them a mail that they can delete my account and reimburse if that is so because I shall be providing no further proof of identity or anything... Took them like 4 months to pay me back 15€ lol. Better wait in case the old owner that never bought anything shows up duh.
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121377 on: January 01, 2023, 06:28:22 pm »

Exactly. I wouldn't say my account was completely dormant but I seldomly used, even after finally getting a decent paying job again. What bothers me the most is that they had not freaking issues whatsoever on me buying the Prime Video or Amazon Prime thinghy (I think is the same?) but God forbids I buy a Nintendo card for my Pokemon loving kid.

I actually got gifted a 100 bucks giftcard and he chose Super Mario as his first game. I told him we could buy a game every two months as long as he behaves (wonderful kid, he always does) and on special occasions we could buy one every month.

The address of the paying card is Venezuela despite it being on dollars and an American card for all intents and purposes. Nintendo doesn't allow me to purchase things from Venezuela, you know, being a big evil communist place we don't deserve family entertainment.

It's a shame, really was looking up to spend the day indulging on capitalist debauchery since tomorrow is workday again and the days we are all off at the same time are really few and far between.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 06:33:51 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121378 on: January 01, 2023, 10:13:52 pm »

As someone who has.. problems with my self, it's kinda wild that we go to sleep every night.
By doing so, we basically die.  And that can be terrifying.

From a sloshed perspective that's all pretty rad.  We destroy ourselves into a dreamforge and emerge anew each morning.
That, or we just tolerate a night of weird shit which we quickly forget.

I'm sure /s that there's some spiritualism answer to my situation.
That, or people caring about me.
(carnally seems to help)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121379 on: January 01, 2023, 10:24:18 pm »

One of the ways I've looked at it is it's basically like degaussing an old CRT monitor. You lose function for a bit and your display goes haywire, but it works better afterwards (usually).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 8090 8091 [8092] 8093 8094 ... 8169