Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8089 8090 [8091] 8092 8093 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9534058 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121350 on: December 28, 2022, 09:28:40 pm »

form, a, un, ion
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121351 on: December 28, 2022, 09:56:10 pm »

form, a, un, ion

Just reiterating for emphasis. The class warfare is getting more intense by the day, unless common people band together against the Owner Class, we'll always be subjugated and exploited.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #121352 on: December 28, 2022, 10:50:41 pm »

I feel like I'm having a stroke.
Max are you with us? Can you reach a hospital?
Not a literal stroke sorry lol. Dragdeler's posts made me feel like that. I couldn't make sense of anything even though everything felt oddly familiar.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121353 on: December 28, 2022, 11:39:39 pm »

You know, forming a union would unironically probably be a great way to get fired while trying to do some good, so there is some temptation there.  Unfortunately, most of my coworkers are very conservative so it probably wouldn't go over even if I tried.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121354 on: December 28, 2022, 11:43:56 pm »

You never know ... It's a lot of fuuuuun ;)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121355 on: December 29, 2022, 12:07:28 am »

You mistyped !!FUN!!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121356 on: December 29, 2022, 04:16:03 am »

If you can't firm a union, form a united nations ion
Love, scriver~

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121357 on: December 30, 2022, 03:36:59 am »

Apparently even Trump was popular with some union manufacturing workplaces, for some godforsaken reason. So you can try.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121358 on: December 30, 2022, 04:38:09 am »

Trump convinced a lot of people he was For The Little Guy.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121359 on: December 30, 2022, 11:58:03 am »

I believe that is probably related to the embarrassing circumstances where the Hillary campaign thought she was entitled to the worker class votes and didn't campaign in several democratic midwest "stronghold" states, while Trump's campaign recognised the value of turning these states and heavily courted the unions and workers there, which led to several typically blue states turning red in the elections, iirc.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121360 on: December 30, 2022, 12:55:02 pm »

No.

Y'all are supposed to namedrop the carrier debacle, where Trump dumped like 60millions in an airconditioning manufacturer, only for them to run with the money. Or something very close to that.

Just calling him stuff is my area of expertise.

edit: Ok, that was that. Sorry? Maybe? Does it mean anything if I get rude obnoxious again in the future? Anyway happy new year to everyone (yeah I have a tendency to dissipate when I'm "free" so I might as well wish a happy NY to everyone now when I'm on and feel like it, because sometimes I do).

I have a bunch of stuff on my mind and I'm a dumb motherfucker, but instead I'll drink to the fantasy of chairman poo putting on some instrumentals whenever I post just to see if he could make the text work. Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 06:58:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121361 on: December 31, 2022, 02:41:33 am »

My depression is spiraling out of control again. I really need to call a therapist. There's one in town that looks promising, but I can't seem to find the willpower to pick up the damned phone because my brain keeps telling me that I shouldn't waste the therapist's time, and that they have more important people than me to worry about. I also really need to get back into the gym routine, but I can't seem to drag my sorry ass out there, either.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121362 on: December 31, 2022, 03:43:07 am »

You can do it. I believe in you

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121363 on: December 31, 2022, 04:05:29 am »

I appreciate that. A lot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121364 on: December 31, 2022, 04:11:04 am »

You should call now even if it's night and see if they have a answer machine you can leave a message on

If you do it now you win vs tomorrow-you before tomorrow-you even knows it's a contest
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8089 8090 [8091] 8092 8093 ... 8169