Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8084 8085 [8086] 8087 8088 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9533846 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121275 on: December 19, 2022, 09:31:32 am »

Yeah GO can do better than those communities which support that sort of behavior.  Any open-minded community is going to include some rancid takes, but the stuff she mentioned gets (embarrassed) push-back where I hang out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121276 on: December 19, 2022, 09:36:08 am »

Interesting about food prices - in my town, grocery prices are mixed - some items are well off their highs (milk was $3.89, now is $3.49 for one that I can remember off the top of my head; conversely my kids grape juice is $3.49 instead of $2.79; beef and chicken are down, cereal is up, etc.), and gasoline is now back below $3/gallon (when it had gotten up to about $4.30 for regular).

Most notably: even with the "high grocery inflation" I never busted my weekly budget for groceries.

This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121277 on: December 21, 2022, 06:12:54 am »

Woke up yesterday with a slight cough
Shivering by 6pm; I go to bed and turn up !!heat!!
Shivering mostly calmed down by midnight
Go to sleep with splitting headache

Wake up mostly fine (except for chesty cough)

This has to be the quickest flu in history.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121278 on: December 21, 2022, 10:15:20 am »

Afghanistan.... seriously?

This is why I can't be a politician. I would not be able to be in the same room as the leadership of that country.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121279 on: December 21, 2022, 11:27:14 am »

It fucken cold out. Everything freezing, have to load hay and go buy propane. Really just want to curl up in bed until noon but I cant
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121280 on: December 21, 2022, 10:53:08 pm »

My doctor's making me take prenatal vitamins and a couple of other ones cuz my recent blood charts were so bad after a bout with COVID, so I'm tasked with improving my diet :I But the good stuff that my stupid body can handle to eat costs... at least here ...

I'm wondering if it's insecurity on their behalf, which as someone who's pretty self-confident nowadays I find really offputting. I'm just glad I still have these forums.

I think it's just different social norms... some of it will be about age. There is a subset of trans women who after a very long time of being in a role that they don't want, finally get what they wanted, which was to be a girlboss, queen bee, princess, or meangirl.

I don't get along with cis or trans people who want to be those things, but they've got a right to be those things, and trans people who are like that shouldn't get any more penalty than their cisgender counterparts. To me you're saying something like: "I went into a female-only space and there are some weirdly harsh rules." Well, yeah, it's like that sometimes. There are also cis female type spaces/friendgroups/whatever that are more or less exactly the same. Part of the distinction is political (trans oppression) but part of this just sounds like the Mean Girls movie where they decide that today everyone's wearing pink and then the next day it's ponytails. It's ... it's normal among a small segment of the population. Some women are just Like That.

... so just go look for other groups, there's a lot out there.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121281 on: December 22, 2022, 03:18:50 am »

I had the AC on in my house a few days ago and now we're almost in the negatives with out factoring in the wind, why can't the damn weather just decide what it wants to be and stick with it?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121282 on: December 22, 2022, 06:14:18 pm »

Because our digits must be punished, with frostbite.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121283 on: December 22, 2022, 06:23:58 pm »

The guy who (most likely) invented the Chicken Tikka Massala died the other day. Things a cultural staple meal round here, so it's sad in an abstract way.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121284 on: December 23, 2022, 05:41:33 am »

The new Israeli government makes me sad.
Previous Netanyahu governments were already bad, but now it is really horrible. Netanyahu made deals with the worst elements of society to get a majority government, when his party lost a lot of voters in the recent elections.
Isreal is now run by riff raff from the extreme right, ultra orthodox, women haters and gay haters.
The new minister of internal security is a gun nutter that has been convicted for racism.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121285 on: December 23, 2022, 07:10:23 am »

Neck's fucked right now. Dunno why, but it's blood killing me.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121286 on: December 23, 2022, 08:37:02 am »

Badly sleep positioned?
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121287 on: December 23, 2022, 10:38:08 am »

Thing is it started for literally no reason last night, before I'd gone to bed. It's just got worse with sleep.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121288 on: December 24, 2022, 06:13:11 am »

Currently having a hard time getting to sleep. Just one of those nights where I'm emotionally thrown off balance and my stoicism cracks. I just feel lonely and wished I wasn't sentenced to living in the squalor of my own mind. Wondering if I'm simply going to remain an alien in my own culture and society for the remainder of my life. Fighting off how certain it feels that my death, when it arrives, will be violent and tragic; and ultimately meaningless.

Preemptive Merry Christmas everyone.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121289 on: December 24, 2022, 09:42:18 am »

Everything we do is meaningless beyond the meaning we ascribe to it. I find a bit of comfort in that myself, my deeds might die with me but at the same time I've no great God or force to please or direct my life. I'm free to do with it as I wish.

I like the story from Kill Six Billion Demons of three wanderers in the desert. The first walks on and dies of thirst. The second looks in their canteen, sees there's not enough water, gives up and dies. The third looks in the canteen, sees there's not enough water, and keeps walking anyway. He dies all the same.

No matter what any of us do, we're not getting out of the desert, but the doing is the important part. If you give up you have the same end result as continuing on and just doing, but one's filled with despair and the other hope and happiness.
Pages: 1 ... 8084 8085 [8086] 8087 8088 ... 8169