Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8061 8062 [8063] 8064 8065 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9538694 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120930 on: August 05, 2022, 07:27:03 am »

I missed that convo, but good call, Vector. I can't say much else, I'm in a cis lesbian relationship and I have like zero experience with anything trans, so.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #120931 on: August 07, 2022, 10:56:30 pm »

The child is teething.
I am going bananas.
Refrigerator.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #120932 on: August 08, 2022, 03:31:09 am »

Tested positive for corona. Ultimately no matter how careful you others in your family are still going to give it to you.
My Dad (likely) got it when he ate out with a group of friends outside, which breaks cardinal rule of corona safety: Always wear your masks when with a large group.

Once I learned my Dad had it I could have probably been more careful (eg, consistently wearing the mask in the house the entire week except in my room), but it was probably already too late by that point.

Oh well, guess I'ma miss the first week for the school year teaching.

Very glad I'm vaccinated. I would be worried as hell right now if I wasn't.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120933 on: August 08, 2022, 09:23:59 pm »

Yeah, I don't know what the hell this is that's going on with me but it's beginning to affect me more than I'd realised. I went to jitsu today and was completely gassed by 3/4 of the way through the warmup. Cramping, quaking, super fucking hot. It was like I'd done a massive workout when I hadn't, and even in my unfit state this shouldn't have left me this much of a mess.

Hopefully the bloods get back soon with something to fix.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #120934 on: August 08, 2022, 09:41:52 pm »

It takes a very short time for your body to lose stamina and strength (a matter of weeks) if you stop doing exercise, so if you have been away from physical activity for a while that could be it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120935 on: August 08, 2022, 10:35:12 pm »

Tested positive for corona. Ultimately no matter how careful you others in your family are still going to give it to you.
My Dad (likely) got it when he ate out with a group of friends outside, which breaks cardinal rule of corona safety: Always wear your masks when with a large group.

Once I learned my Dad had it I could have probably been more careful (eg, consistently wearing the mask in the house the entire week except in my room), but it was probably already too late by that point.

Hope he feels better soon.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120936 on: August 08, 2022, 10:40:53 pm »

It takes a very short time for your body to lose stamina and strength (a matter of weeks) if you stop doing exercise, so if you have been away from physical activity for a while that could be it.
Nah, definitely not that. I've had a whole host of symptoms that I think point to hyperthyroidism, but I'm not hanging my hat on that until the bloods are back.

I'm unfit because I don't do a lot of exercise, but I've done these warmups once a week for the past few months without this issue. I'm pretty sure it's the maybe-hyperthyroidism.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #120937 on: August 09, 2022, 01:44:59 am »

Hope he feels better soon.
Yeah, we're all feeling pretty much fine; it wouldn't even be notable for me it wasn't corona, and presumably its much the same for my parents.

He's also thought he was over it like five days ago and came back into the living space and ended quarantine after the second negative test, but after I looked at one it turns out he was misreading the tests and didn't see the faint line. -_-;
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120938 on: August 09, 2022, 08:18:47 am »

probably anxiety induced insomnia primarily due to the mess going on at work, feel pretty damn miserable right now, spent 8-9 hours mostly staring at the back of my eye lids

... flip side of it, I think it's completely solidified my intent to quit. Like, I was planning on seeing if what was going on was the start of a pattern, just as a way of making sure I'm interpreting things correctly, but now, just... no. I could deal with being pretty swamped at work, but with all the other shit going on, I can't deal with a hostile administrator on top of it -- and it's looking increasingly like that's what I'm dealing with. If this job's going to cause reactions like this, it's not worth it anymore.

If I don't get some stress out of my life soon I think it's going to very literally kill me, and the job is the only hanging fruit available at all :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120939 on: August 09, 2022, 08:47:47 am »

But, you like it don't you (I tried to remain vague for privacy, I mean handling books) I'd say it suits you, superficially, from where I'm sitting. At the very least you got to close your eyes a bit  :D? (yeah no misread that) Crazy how much 1 person can fuck up previously tolerable stuff.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 09:18:20 am by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120940 on: August 09, 2022, 09:32:10 am »

Yeah, more or less. The work itself is fine so long as folks are working with me instead of at crossways, and the last director was even damn good at that -- the issue that's really kicked this mess off is one I've encountered multiple times before while working with the last one, and we had good practices in place to address it.

... I'd say I'm pretty decent at it, too (though my department coworkers have been great, as well), been managing to tread water on a full time position working 15 or less hours a week, having been hired with no previous experience and only indirectly applicable education, while trying to take care of elderly family more or less at the same time (we've got a solid bit of help in the last year or so, but we didn't for most of the time I've been working there), fairly steadily even managing to chip away at the stuff that's not time sensitive.

When I was first hired, there were boxes in our office stacked taller than me, and the storage closet was even more full, the point you literally couldn't see the back wall and there was stuff on the top of the shelves nearly touching the ceiling. Actual no joke decades of stored materials that hadn't been dealt with.

By the time the new boss started messing with stuff, it was cut down to the point one or two people could substantively mess with things on a day the cataloging folks weren't there for whatever reason, instead of that being a literally weeks to months long project (I know it's that long because it took me months to do mostly alone, during the periods I didn't have other stuff to do, heh). I've by and large enjoyed the work I've done, to the extent actual work can be enjoyed.

But between the situation with my grandparents getting worse, my health getting worse, and the new boss doing what they're doing, it's just... somethin' gotta' give before it's my heart, y'know? Least that's the conclusion I've come to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120941 on: August 09, 2022, 07:38:16 pm »

I had to euthanize the sweetest cat I ever had last sunday.
She lived up to 17, had her since she was a kitten. In the end she couldn't beat cancer.

Now saying that cats can fall in love with humans is silly. But I swear. this cat was completely in love with me.

Rest in peace my sweet sweet Tijger
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120942 on: August 10, 2022, 09:01:50 am »

Nah Martinuzz, I think cats really do pick people to love

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120943 on: August 10, 2022, 10:47:08 am »

I had a roomy once who's cat fell in love with me (or my room  :P) idk why she picked me his other cat was terrified of me.

But that cat was so partial to me it obeyed, we only had two words of vocabulary: qwi qwi and SSSHHH but that worked perfectly well. What a great cat she was.

Also I love old pets, they're so wise. I can see how this was a big loss, not that one would sacrifice the other cats for one, but that one stings more when it's gone.
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120944 on: August 11, 2022, 03:57:46 pm »

RATM announced today they're cancelling their European tour today. I've bought tickets months ago, the moment they went on sale, was gonna go with family and see my highschool dream band for the first and possibly last time ever. The band that got me into the weird and alternative music scene, the shit that fueled my rebellious streak in those years. The only damn band whose shirt I ever bought and have kept around for over a literal decade (shit is still intact, why can't it be a nice work shirt).

I'll get a full refund eventually, not worried about the money, but this was like the first big event in years that I was super excited for. So that's a bit of a bummer for the next month or so at the very least. Doubly so because the concert involved a bit of travel and sightseeing, perhaps even meeting up with some folks I haven't seen in years unrelated to it.

Unrelated to that, I've been trying to get back into art on a more serious and involved level, started off okay but I've been struggling to keep it up and make progress. It's nothing complicated, just gotta put in the work and effort, but I find it hard mustering energy for either most days :I

And then a third unrelated thing is my love life, which has been mostly dead for most of the last decade, with brief, shuddering signs of life that generally ended poorly and just sort of petered out into nothing. I've been okay with that for the most part, I understand a good part of my flaws and issues and really don't mind keeping other people well away from that shit until I have a proper grasp on it (which sure is taking a while eheheh).
Lately however I've been crushing super hard on someone I probably shouldn't be crushing on, for a number of reasons, least of which is that it probably wouldn't work since we're fairly different in terms of personality and interests. And the rational part of me knows and understands this, it knows the potential fallout if this should end poorly (like most of my romantic engagements did) and just how high a price I'd be paying potentially. The less rational part of me on the other hand is going "BUT THINK HOW GREAT IT WOULD BE IF IT WORKED OUT HOLY SHIT!!"
Now, I'm a pessimist and a fairly negative person, a lifetime of expecting shit to go bad and then being proven right most of the time has beaten that into my personality fairly well. And the few times I genuinely tried to think positively and be optimistic have all ended in failure. Nonetheless, it's getting damn hard to ignore that insistent little fucker and I fear one of these days I'll (against my better judgement) finally cave in and ruin everything like I generally tend to do.

So, uh, yeah, just a couple of little things that tend to add up on a particular day for no particular reason :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 8061 8062 [8063] 8064 8065 ... 8169