Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8044 8045 [8046] 8047 8048 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9501056 times)

I4uU4me

• Bay Watcher
  • I love life
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Games
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120675 on: April 14, 2022, 12:43:49 am »

It seems that a bit of inexplicable sadness is always inside my heart...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #120676 on: April 14, 2022, 12:48:19 am »

I found an antique installer (4.49 she's a beauty!), it's currently doing an iso file backup instead of telling me I can get 3 day free trial yet not letting me past that disclaimer.

Guess I will have to check if I find an old utorrent installer as well... I'll take gaping security holes over that noise as long as I can lol.
I use qbittorent, which AFAIK is the current "best" bittorent client.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #120677 on: April 14, 2022, 02:06:24 am »

I am not so much sad as I am worried. My little sister's dog got attacked by a larger dog and was bitten and shaken around. Fortunately she was able to get away and is all right now; she's had her shots and it doesn't seem like her skin was broken, though she's obviously a little shaken up. The thing is, when she came back her hair was still slightly damp from the other dog's mouth. I touched the wet part and am almost certain that I touched my mouth or ate something without washing my hands first. Given that I know nothing about the dog that attacked her, I have no idea if I just exposed myself to a rabies death sentence.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120678 on: April 14, 2022, 02:12:59 am »

Go to a doctor and ask? If you are treated within about 24h, rabies isn't lethal. It's only when you wait until you show symptoms that it's lethal.

Not sure if it can infect through the oral route. The saliva is infectious, but it could be that it is only so when in contact with blood.

But yeah, do go to a doctor like, immediatly.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120679 on: April 15, 2022, 12:51:14 pm »

I'm.... pretty positive that rabies cannot be transmitted that way? It is via saliva but it has to get into your blood directly. If you had a cut or otherwise broken skin, then it could transmit that way.

If you have any doubt go get tested this fukkin second, because there is a super tiny window in which it is treatable.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #120680 on: April 16, 2022, 12:41:09 am »

I was on sertraline for a very short period of time, but I got the most horrible diarrhea from it. Probably not long enough to see the benefits; in my experience you get the side-effects long before you see the benefits.

My worst one was my second time on Mirtazapine. The first time it was pretty good because it stimulated my appetite and made me sleepy, so I actually ate and slept, at least until I went off it (a long-expected bout of terrible insomnia followed) but I think I stopped for one reason or another and went back to the doctor a few months hence and got out back on it. What followed was a particularly challenging 4 weeks in which I tried researching the cyanide content of apricot seeds, before giving up on the medicine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #120681 on: April 16, 2022, 05:35:57 am »

Go to a doctor and ask? If you are treated within about 24h, rabies isn't lethal. It's only when you wait until you show symptoms that it's lethal.

Not sure if it can infect through the oral route. The saliva is infectious, but it could be that it is only so when in contact with blood.

But yeah, do go to a doctor like, immediatly.
I'm.... pretty positive that rabies cannot be transmitted that way? It is via saliva but it has to get into your blood directly. If you had a cut or otherwise broken skin, then it could transmit that way.

If you have any doubt go get tested this fukkin second, because there is a super tiny window in which it is treatable.
Thanks for the advice. I ended up going to the doctor pretty soon after posting and he said that it is unheard of for a person to be infected in the way I described and that there was pretty much zero chance the dog had rabies to begin with. A pretty quick end to a pretty stressful night.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120682 on: April 16, 2022, 06:34:21 am »

That is very nice to know.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120683 on: April 16, 2022, 09:01:41 am »

I know a story of a sailor who reportedly got it from a dog licking a wound on his hand. But that's open wound contact so pretty different.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120684 on: April 16, 2022, 09:07:08 am »

I'd ask how a sailor got it, then remembered that ships are full o' scurvy sea dogs, arrrr.

For example I struggle with lack of motivation and focusing, and I really need to study for my driver's license and finish this paper on bees, but I just feel like doing yard work all day, I've never felt this motivated to do yard work ever before, I went there at 5PM and only stopped when somebody told me to come home at 9:30 PM. But at least I'm not staying indoors on my phone all day or sleeping, so it's a start.
This sounds like me atm, though mine's because of covid and I need to do PhD work.
Also.... you have an essay on bees??
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120685 on: April 16, 2022, 09:42:43 am »

The number of injuries and deaths during a worship service in the holiest mosque in Palestine. Israeli soldiers busted in and started shooting. Very little news of it since the government started shooting and bombing journalists.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120686 on: April 16, 2022, 05:59:44 pm »

I'm interested in insects, but mostly in the capacity of staring at cool bugs as they appear.
My job involves a lot of looking at the ground.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120687 on: April 17, 2022, 05:41:13 am »

I got bored after my MA and got a beekeeping qualofication, which was fun.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120688 on: April 18, 2022, 05:27:52 am »

I got bored after my MA and got a beekeeping qualofication, which was fun.
Ah, so you're going into beesiness

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120689 on: April 18, 2022, 05:40:07 am »

I could wax lyrical about it, but comb the records. There's not much beesiness to go around. The economic situation is bringing me out in hives.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8044 8045 [8046] 8047 8048 ... 8168