Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8035 8036 [8037] 8038 8039 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499191 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120540 on: February 12, 2022, 09:31:00 am »

He’s being fined probably for bringing a bad light to the club.

I think a player can be fined a maximum of maybe 4 weeks wages though, so it’s pretty much symbolic. Basically the club saying they don’t endorse his actions, but the manager, who is someone I’ve thought highly of for a while, is still choosing to play him, which leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120541 on: February 12, 2022, 01:17:12 pm »

I'll never understand why someone would do something so petty and violent like this, and then film themselves. Like how disconnected do you have to be in order to make no connection between this and consequences, let alone the morality of it? And yeah, relatively small fines are a way to legitimize the club's stance against it. Makes sense.

I feel like 4 whole years would be a bit harsh, even if it is a reprehensible thing this guy did. I did a mild google and other things that have a 5 year sentence can include hate crimes, or even sex crimes (in the US). The asshole should get the everliving shit fined out of him at a bare minimum though, and not be allowed to own any more animals.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120542 on: February 12, 2022, 01:24:56 pm »

Eh, there's basically no consistency to criminal sentencing, so comparisons are... generally not very useful, save maybe to point out said inconsistency (i.e. the whole 20 years prison for shoplifting, 20 days house arrest for multimillion dollar fraud type of shit). Sometimes that's even a good thing, considering how fucked up criminal law tends to be and how much different circumstances can effect things.

Incarceration in general (with the exceptions being rare, and usually better handled by psychiatric care instead of your average prison) is kinda' useless at best, actively harmful (according to pretty much any metric you feel like using, really) at worst... stuff like fining (money going to animal rescue stuff!) and rescinding right to own/interact with animals would indeed be more reasonable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120543 on: February 12, 2022, 01:39:51 pm »

If you want the most cynical take:

Animals are legally considered as property, thus it is surprising the punishment wasn't harder :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:24:10 pm by dragdeler »
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120544 on: February 12, 2022, 07:44:15 pm »

If I were a primordial nature deity capable of inflicting upon mortals terrifyingly appropriate punishments, I'd have a tiger bat him around a bit.

But I suppose that we're just human and shouldn't be trusted with those kinds of penalties so taking all his money seems good.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120545 on: February 13, 2022, 05:21:47 am »

Eh, there's basically no consistency to criminal sentencing, so comparisons are... generally not very useful, save maybe to point out said inconsistency (i.e. the whole 20 years prison for shoplifting, 20 days house arrest for multimillion dollar fraud type of shit). Sometimes that's even a good thing, considering how fucked up criminal law tends to be and how much different circumstances can effect things.

Incarceration in general (with the exceptions being rare, and usually better handled by psychiatric care instead of your average prison) is kinda' useless at best, actively harmful (according to pretty much any metric you feel like using, really) at worst... stuff like fining (money going to animal rescue stuff!) and rescinding right to own/interact with animals would indeed be more reasonable.
While I support rehabilitation for most crimes, murderers, rapists, and pedophiles can honestly rot in jail for the rest of their lives. I don't care that it doesn't help them, I simply hate them that much.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120546 on: February 13, 2022, 08:43:59 am »

I wish CSGO would make two different servers for Europe and Russia.
I am so sick and tired of being in a 'team' with people who all can speak english pretty well since it is mandatory in school from a young age, yet refuse to speak english and yell at you is you say please.
Goddamn extremist nationalists.

If we were taught Russian at school here, and they would not be able to understand my language, I'd be happy to speak Russian with my team mates so we could actually play well together.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120547 on: February 13, 2022, 08:58:09 am »

I wish CSGO would make two different servers for Europe and Russia.
I am so sick and tired of being in a 'team' with people who all can speak english pretty well since it is mandatory in school from a young age, yet refuse to speak english and yell at you is you say please.
Goddamn extremist nationalists.

If we were taught Russian at school here, and they would not be able to understand my language, I'd be happy to speak Russian with my team mates so we could actually play well together.
The answer is squeakers.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120548 on: February 13, 2022, 10:37:20 am »

What is squeakers?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120549 on: February 13, 2022, 11:55:31 am »

What is squeakers?
Kids who play online games. Almost always immature as hell.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120550 on: February 13, 2022, 11:57:06 am »

That's the sad thing, it's not kids. It's 20-30 year olds.
10-year old sucka blyet I will fuck your mother kids are a different type of annoyance, but to be honest I find them less offensive. They're 10-year olds.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120551 on: February 13, 2022, 12:03:16 pm »

That's the sad thing, it's not kids. It's 20-30 year olds.
10-year old sucka blyet I will fuck your mother kids are a different type of annoyance, but to be honest I find them less offensive. They're 10-year olds.
Unfortunate that my country's gaming community is pretty toxic.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120552 on: February 13, 2022, 12:09:02 pm »

It's probably because a lot of the civilized and nice Russian gamers are locked up in Siberia or psychiatry without gaming rigs

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120553 on: February 14, 2022, 07:08:55 am »

The 15 years old kid that killed his whole family in Spain because his mother took the wifi from him due bad grades... fucking tragedy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120554 on: February 14, 2022, 09:35:52 am »

The 15 years old kid that killed his whole family in Spain because his mother took the wifi from him due bad grades... fucking tragedy.

Damn
Pages: 1 ... 8035 8036 [8037] 8038 8039 ... 8168