Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8012 8013 [8014] 8015 8016 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499834 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120195 on: September 01, 2021, 07:52:22 pm »

okay, real thing to be sad about now: I just went right over my handlebars when riding my bike. I had the sun in my eyes, and it's a narrow sidewalk, and I'm cresting over a bridge, and I'm going downhill, and I'm feeling nervous, and I see someone in front of me I couldn't see, and I just slam on both my brakes and just tumble the fuck right over my handlebars. I'm mostly unscathed miraculously. I just landed on both my arms and they're hurt but not broken. I can't lift my arms up very high though. I have a pair of headphones around my neck that I can't take off because I can't lift my arms up high enough to take them off.

It's really surreal being such a stupid asshole like I am. I'm such a fucking loser. I wasn't even in danger of hitting the guy, I just panicked and the situation turned to shit in a second.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 07:56:50 pm by JoshuaFH »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120196 on: September 01, 2021, 08:43:26 pm »

Dude, if you still cant lift your arms go to a medic or an er.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120197 on: September 01, 2021, 08:53:46 pm »

I can lift them, just bending them enough to touch my neck is very difficult. I don't believe I'm seriously injured at all, I'm just sore after the fall, and seriously butthurt about it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120198 on: September 01, 2021, 09:22:40 pm »

You did nothing wrong my friend, dont beat up yourself.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120199 on: September 01, 2021, 09:32:40 pm »

It really hurts to feel incompetent all the time.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120200 on: September 01, 2021, 09:41:51 pm »

I know, I feel like that 99% of the time. I assure you in your case is more in your head than anything.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120201 on: September 02, 2021, 09:46:50 pm »

So I went to the ER today to have it looked at, and I had actually caused a hairline fracture in the radial head in both elbows. The left arm being slightly more fractured than the right. Even though the left arm feels much less painful and more usable, but the xrays don't lie.

Granted, it doesn't seem that serious, as they side it was fractured but non-dispplaced, and if I take good care of it it'll heal in 3-4 weeks, but they advised me to schedule an appoint with an orthopedic doctor first thing in the morning. They then wanted me to walk out of the hospital with both arms in slings, but I was driving myself home and I needed the usage of both arms. I have one arm in a sling as I type this.

Guess my efforts to try to exercise have backfired in my face really spectacularly. Fuck me. Now I'm back to taking it easy and doing nothing more strenuous than playing videogames or whatever.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 09:49:38 pm by JoshuaFH »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120202 on: September 02, 2021, 10:12:41 pm »

Ouch. Live do curveballs like that, for sure, but the more you're out there honing your body, the less likely you are to get injured! You could still go for walks, right?

Glad to hear the damage isn't any worse than it is.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120203 on: September 03, 2021, 12:37:40 pm »

My wife and I are on such different pages when it comes to disciplining our children...  neither of us are really into spanking, but it's more in the proactive vs reactive stance, and following through with punishments.

It's causing lots of stress.  :(

EDIT: I'm still working on having more grace. I bought some flowers.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:48:41 pm by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120204 on: September 04, 2021, 03:51:17 am »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:22:55 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120205 on: September 04, 2021, 07:05:04 am »

My wife and I are on such different pages when it comes to disciplining our children...  neither of us are really into spanking, but it's more in the proactive vs reactive stance, and following through with punishments.

It's causing lots of stress.  :(

EDIT: I'm still working on having more grace. I bought some flowers.

This is normal, and was/still is a source of friction for us too. Try to discuss it at a moment were the kid(s) haven't done anything yet so neither of you have a hot head, find a middle ground, reach an agreement and both of you try to your earnest to stick to it.

If you don't present a united front you'll be overwhelmed by your own human pups.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120206 on: September 04, 2021, 07:24:35 am »

Isn’t discipline reactive? What would be an example of proactive? If I did something wrong, I’d get told why it was wrong and. How it could have been handled differently. I think this is reactive if I understand correctly

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120207 on: September 04, 2021, 08:23:57 am »

No, it could be proactive in talking and setting rules and standards before anything happen.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120208 on: September 04, 2021, 10:13:01 am »

No, it could be proactive in talking and setting rules and standards before anything happen.
ah yes, rules were set too, usually when I think discipline rules don’t come to mind. Rules are important though. Both rules and letting the kid know what they did wrong and how to better handle the situation are important

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120209 on: September 04, 2021, 12:14:06 pm »

I wish I could just go catatonic and not have to be awake any more. Sometimes I can't wake up until late in the afternoon and I wish it could be like that all the time so I didn't have to wake up at all.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8012 8013 [8014] 8015 8016 ... 8168