Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8008 8009 [8010] 8011 8012 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500713 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120135 on: July 25, 2021, 09:08:58 am »

Isn't that the plot from Coco?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120136 on: July 26, 2021, 02:02:38 pm »

I'm an emotional disaster today and I don't know how to fix it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120137 on: July 26, 2021, 02:35:43 pm »

Time and a little self-care, Vec. I know it sucks to go through, but it's okay to have bumps in the road like this. You're worthy and valued and you'll make it through growing pains like this one. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120138 on: July 26, 2021, 02:36:23 pm »

My head is a gathering storm... I know is the preamble of one of those famous 4 days headaches of mine...

You are a great person Vector!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120139 on: July 30, 2021, 06:59:05 am »

Dusty Hill, one of the original sharp-dressed men and ZZ Top bassist for 50 years, has passed.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120140 on: July 30, 2021, 08:44:04 am »

Brain's doing its thing again.

I didn't even really climb out of that last pit of depression. Looks like my mental highs have gone from "Almost normal" to "Still horribly depressed but not *as* horribly depressed"
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120141 on: July 30, 2021, 08:49:23 am »

From dust we come, to Dusty we go? Seriously, RIP.

A couple of two woman in Brazil killed a 9 years old boy after cutting off his penis, because they wanted a girl. This after an unmentioned amount of time forcing him to dress and act like a girl despite his protests....

Meanwhile, also in Brazil a middle aged "professional" streamer and fornite player (that actually explains a lot) has been arreste for allegedly raping more than one kid as he lured them over the game...

Fucking sick people. Why would anyone will harm a child for fucks sake! They deserve to be skinned with a rusty nail clipper....

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120142 on: July 30, 2021, 07:07:31 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:16:36 am by dragdeler »
let

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120143 on: July 31, 2021, 04:50:52 am »

She died.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120144 on: July 31, 2021, 05:07:23 am »

-
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:02:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120145 on: July 31, 2021, 06:53:06 am »

I'm sorry for your loss Caz, and whish you the strength you need, and solace than she is resting from so much pain.

As always, we are here for whatever you need.

Btw drag, is natural to feel like that. Try to focus into something productive. What would you like to do? Wanna try some tropical cousine? I could give you some ideas that shouln't cost much.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:11:20 pm by LordBaal »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120146 on: July 31, 2021, 08:09:29 pm »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #120147 on: July 31, 2021, 09:26:55 pm »

Sorry to hear that Caz!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120148 on: August 01, 2021, 04:53:41 am »

I got a Discord message from Caz that made it sound like she'd attempted suicide. Hopefully not. I don't really have a way to know, of course.

Between that and the stress of moving house on short notice, the rage I feel at my incompetent and dishonest 28-year-old landlord, and my worry about my academic failures, I'm up at 3 in the morning unable to sleep, and know both that I'll feel like garbage tomorrow and that insomnia's not going to help me lose any of this weight or with studying. But here we are.

Send me strength.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120149 on: August 01, 2021, 06:33:13 am »

Hopefully it was just drunken writing?

Have any tea vec? Make some if you do to try to settle those nerves and sleep. Try to take things one at the time.
Pages: 1 ... 8008 8009 [8010] 8011 8012 ... 8168