Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8007 8008 [8009] 8010 8011 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500949 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120120 on: July 19, 2021, 07:20:56 pm »

Yes Duna, thanks for asking. Beyond the usual sadness, one gets kinda used to loss and disgrace. My wife is very sad but holding on, this is the third close relative she loss this year.

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120121 on: July 19, 2021, 07:26:15 pm »

Wait, Baal - what? Was that an edit? I can't believe I missed that and talked about movie quotes instead...

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  Such things are never easy.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120122 on: July 19, 2021, 07:37:28 pm »

Dont worry, blade runer is a heck of a movie and tamer post was really good. Thank you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120123 on: July 20, 2021, 01:21:11 pm »

Yeah I've lost enough people that it's sort of lost it's edge, but still. My heart goes out to you and your wife.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120124 on: July 20, 2021, 07:14:56 pm »

Thanks, the most effected was his daughter, my wife cousin. She is only 16 and was really shocked.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120125 on: July 21, 2021, 01:33:12 pm »

sry i'm bad to responding to shit dudes everything is cray

i will deal with it somehow then return

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120126 on: July 21, 2021, 03:02:55 pm »

sry i'm bad to responding to shit dudes everything is cray

i will deal with it somehow then return
We are here for you Caz, even for your silence.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120127 on: July 24, 2021, 03:25:25 am »

I've been having problems sleeping due to an obsession with death/ending.

But yesterday I had a lovely thought - I remembered something from my childhood which I hadn't remembered for years.  And it was entirely alien to me.

That's a two-prong defence against my fear of death: 
On the one hand, I have died countless times.  I am not who I used to be.  Why should I be afraid of ending, when I have constantly changed?
On the other hand, I am remembered.  By me, and by other people.  That is not not dead, who is remembered.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 03:30:24 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #120128 on: July 24, 2021, 05:37:01 am »

But yesterday I had a lovely thought - I remembered something from my childhood which I hadn't remembered for years.  And it was entirely alien to me.

On the one hand, I have died countless times.  I am not who I used to be.  Why should I be afraid of ending, when I have constantly changed?
On the other hand, I am remembered.  By me, and by other people.  That is not not dead, who is remembered.
That is good wisdom. I don't fear death as much as some-- when it comes, it, comes.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120129 on: July 24, 2021, 02:51:36 pm »

It may be hard, try to think about death as a part of life.

In this admittedly cutthroat universe, ones existance implies an end to it, as entropy will claim it all and turn everything into empty void.

It seems so that having existence is to also stop existing at some point.

Don't get me wrong. Maybe there is something greater, at least something behind the veil of death, where people don't come back from. But accepting all parts of life, including its end grants me peace. It may grant peace to you.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120130 on: July 24, 2021, 02:55:40 pm »

What I do is remember that even after death, the resulting corpse will still sustain something, whether it’s fungi, bacteria, plants, or if you registered for organ donation while alive, after death, part of you could live on in someone else when their parts die. I do not know if this helps you or not, AI think about death a lot

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120131 on: July 24, 2021, 03:16:13 pm »

AI think about death a lot

:D
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120132 on: July 24, 2021, 03:24:40 pm »

God damn autocorrupt, I meant I

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120133 on: July 24, 2021, 03:46:21 pm »

Gah, another bad day.

I'm having far too many of them.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #120134 on: July 25, 2021, 02:38:57 am »

Too bad they also gonna die. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 8007 8008 [8009] 8010 8011 ... 8168