Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7997 7998 [7999] 8000 8001 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9505269 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119970 on: May 09, 2021, 11:52:33 pm »

Yep!  Last night I got pretty trashed online with my brother and his friends, but it was a fun time, and today I went back to the hospital for most of the day.  It was pretty chill, just chatting and playing Pokemon GO and generally keeping him company.  Giving his SO a break, she'd stayed with him both nights.

I got home to annoyed messages from my brother and friends trying to get me to play more video games.  I hope he spent time with mom, he doesn't live two hours away from her like I do.  He knows about dad but... well, they don't talk, and that's all I'll say about it.

I didn't even call her, but we did text a little.  I meant to call but was tired.  I'll call her tomorrow.

Still, I feel pretty good right now.  Going to sleep naturally again, and dad should be out of the hospital in just a few days... Sounds like they're doing the procedure tomorrow and then he recovers at home.  Which is good, he really hates hospitals.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119971 on: May 10, 2021, 02:40:49 am »

ARGH WHY CAN'T I FUCKING SLEEP

Is it the staying up reading novels last night? The coffee? Regularly playing Pathologic? Little exposure to natural sunlight? WHICH
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119972 on: May 10, 2021, 04:38:43 am »

I'd wager the coffee. I noticed that as I got older, my ability to sleep after drinking coffee diminshed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119973 on: May 10, 2021, 05:01:58 am »

Sounds like you need more coffee, sleep is for the weak.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119974 on: May 10, 2021, 07:52:18 am »

ARGH WHY CAN'T I FUCKING SLEEP

Is it the staying up reading novels last night? The coffee? Regularly playing Pathologic? Little exposure to natural sunlight? WHICH

Probably stress, coffee, and not having a regular sleep schedule that you don't break.

Keeping caffeine to mornings-only and going to sleep at the same time everyday works pretty well. You may also be underestimating how much sleep you actually get, which causes stress and also makes you feel more tired.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119975 on: May 10, 2021, 11:08:51 am »

I sometimes have a lot of trouble falling asleep, maybe due to sunlight but mostly anxiety. A melatonin knocks me right out in like 15 minutes, oddly abrupt one metabolized.

This weekend looking after dad wasn't so bad, but I'm a little sick of my phone. Today I'm at my computer and ready to catch up on work-
Oh my power went out at 9AM right as I woke up
O-kay it'll be back at noon, I'll just read on my phone
12:00 SMS: Oops looks like 4:30 sorry

*unhappy rolan noises*
...Guess I do have *other* chores I can do, but I was looking forward to these digital ones. And last time the power got delayed like this into late night. So glad I offered to visit the next two days instead of today.

And my ear still really hurts
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119976 on: May 10, 2021, 12:37:30 pm »

Don't use the melatonin. Yes, it can help you sleep, but it also messes up your sleep/bio rythm worse than it was to start with.
Short term fix, long time trouble.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119977 on: May 10, 2021, 01:01:19 pm »

Don't use the melatonin. Yes, it can help you sleep, but it also messes up your sleep/bio rythm worse than it was to start with.
Short term fix, long time trouble.
Cochrane disagrees with you.

Nineteen studies involving 1683 subjects were included in this meta-analysis. Melatonin demonstrated significant efficacy in reducing sleep latency (weighted mean difference (WMD) = 7.06 minutes [95% CI 4.37 to 9.75], Z = 5.15, p<0.001) and increasing total sleep time (WMD = 8.25 minutes [95% CI 1.74 to 14.75], Z = 2.48, p = 0.013). Trials with longer duration and using higher doses of melatonin demonstrated greater effects on decreasing sleep latency and increasing total sleep time. Overall sleep quality was significantly improved in subjects taking melatonin (standardized mean difference = 0.22 [95% CI: 0.12 to 0.32], Z = 4.52, p<0.001) compared to placebo. No significant effects of trial duration and melatonin dose were observed on sleep quality
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0063773

Now be careful because while I hold a degree of skepticism about whether melatonin suppleme ts do anything at all, these guys are picky about their metanalysis. They might just sentence you to be beaten to death with bamboo poles.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119978 on: May 10, 2021, 01:35:11 pm »

I'm not using them every night or anything, more like 1-2 weeks.  Just when I'm laying in bed and just can't remember how to sleep.  I feel like they help me reestablish the sleeping schedule I want when I've been thrown off of it, and the alternative seems to be lying awake for most of the night.

(Also my power's back on two hours early yaaaay!)
She/they

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119979 on: May 10, 2021, 04:36:43 pm »

I think it's stress. I mean, the other things aren't helping, but I didn't have these issues in the Before Times.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119980 on: May 10, 2021, 04:38:54 pm »

If its any consolation my stress is keeping me from sleeping AND giving me horrible rashes
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119981 on: May 10, 2021, 04:42:48 pm »

If its any consolation my stress is keeping me from sleeping AND giving me horrible rashes

Yeah, it makes me feel a little better. The skin on one of my ankles randomly cracked and all peeled off a couple months ago, it was gross. Plus I got some rough skin in some ... very strange ... places.

This too shall pass :V

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119982 on: May 11, 2021, 08:26:36 am »

I visualise eggdog think about eggdog think about eggdog think about eggdog. Nothing is real but eggdog the world isnothing but an illusion that serves as background to eggdog, eggdog is the beginning and end, eggdog is the motive and the consequence, eggdog in the intent and the pupose anything that isn't eggdog doesn't matter because it is not real. God created eggdog 7 days in row. And the eight day he put his finger up his ass and then smelled it while watching eggdog.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 10:01:19 am by dragdeler »
let

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119983 on: May 11, 2021, 11:52:45 am »

I visualise eggdog think about eggdog think about eggdog think about eggdog. Nothing is real but eggdog the world isnothing but an illusion that serves as background to eggdog, eggdog is the beginning and end, eggdog is the motive and the consequence, eggdog in the intent and the pupose anything that isn't eggdog doesn't matter because it is not real. God created eggdog 7 days in row. And the eight day he put his finger up his ass and then smelled it while watching eggdog.

This isn't the things that made you happy thread.  ;D

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119984 on: May 11, 2021, 01:38:03 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:37:37 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7997 7998 [7999] 8000 8001 ... 8168