Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7992 7993 [7994] 7995 7996 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507918 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119895 on: April 24, 2021, 10:22:13 am »

I'm so sorry mctraveller. I don't know much what to say, but you and your family have my heartfelt condolences.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119896 on: April 24, 2021, 10:23:38 am »

How horrible! I am so sorry to hear that McTraveller. Stay strong.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119897 on: April 24, 2021, 11:34:47 am »

I send all my sympathy to you and your family, McTraveller.

Such tragedies should never happen...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119898 on: April 24, 2021, 10:23:19 pm »

My sister died of an overdose last night.

I'm still shaking.

If you're the praying sort, pray especially for my mom...
Oh... That is terrible.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119899 on: April 24, 2021, 10:45:05 pm »

My sister died of an overdose last night.

I'm still shaking.

If you're the praying sort, pray especially for my mom...
If it helps, I prayed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119900 on: April 24, 2021, 10:51:24 pm »

Last week I was overwhelmed with the fear of-
And now you have to observe it.
I'm very sorry.

I do pray for your sister, sincerely and earnestly.
(sorry, my mom was on my mind)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:53:18 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119901 on: April 24, 2021, 11:03:43 pm »

Muckers before fuckers is a good one too

t_t you almost convince me you are scottish

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119902 on: April 25, 2021, 06:31:47 am »

I just got it from hector who is (iirc) :P

Also dorks before porks
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119903 on: April 25, 2021, 08:26:44 am »

Im very sorry McTraveller, may you and yours find strength and acceptance to cope with the situation.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119904 on: April 25, 2021, 02:38:17 pm »

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.  We're working through logistics and shock at the moment. Mom and Dad are driving up to where her husband and kids are; I'm trying to make plans to do the same.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119905 on: April 25, 2021, 02:43:09 pm »

I have some family members who are "like that." It's the same mambo of never really being sure what is going to happen.

I'm sorry it ended this way, and I'm glad that she had some time in life. This, too, shall pass.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #119906 on: May 01, 2021, 12:35:30 am »

I'm writing some stuff for an Islam-related class, and I'm writing about how parents should spend more time with their kids, so that they're more comfortable with telling their parents about their problems and such. Normally, I'd write that without any issue.

Right now, though, I'm feeling some incredibly strong cognitive dissonance. Like, this particular version of Islam outright says that LGBT stuff is not at all acceptable, and when I'm writing the above, I'm just so deeply uncomfortable with it. Like, realizing that one is LGBT is part of the problems a kid (teenager, I suppose) might face, and when I'm basically saying that these fundamentalist parents should know about that, I'm... it's not right. It's not gonna lead to a happier and healthier life, which I thought is the nominal goal of religion. It's gonna lead to suppression of identity. It's going to lead to years of isolation and pain.

Some day. Some day. I'll find a way out of this homophobic hellhole. I'd probably have to abandon my parents in the process, but I don't live for them, I live for myself.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119907 on: May 01, 2021, 10:07:56 pm »

You know what I want? I want to be in bed, sleeping right now.

You know what my pile of shit body seems to want? It wants me to be so uncomfortable I can't sleep.

This cold I've had since last Saturday is leaving me short of breath. It's a thing colds sometimes do to me. I've been recovering, however having a full stomach seems to press on my diaphragm/lungs/whatever just enough that my brain refuses to register that I'm taking a full breath. Obvious solution is to not have a full stomach when I go to bed.

You know what else my body is doing? If I don't have a full stomach when I lie down, I start getting really nasty heartburn which makes it impossible to sleep because it constantly feels like distilled hydrochloric is climbing its way out of my stomach.

So, until this cold completely abates and my brain is back to registering full breaths as full breaths, I have to stay up feeling horribly uncomfortable for HOURS until I'm so tired that as soon as I lie in bed I'll fall asleep.

Fuck you too body, you pile of absolute shite. As soon as I can ditch you for either a better body or a robot one I am. I cannot express through words the sheer frustration I'm feeling. At least if my lungs were fucked it'd have a good goddamn reason to be like this, but no. I got a goddamn cold. A virus so utterly pathetic that some people don't actually "get" colds because their immune system doesn't have the stupid over-the-top "OH GOD YOU'VE CAUGHT PNEUMONIC PLAGUE!" reaction to what is the viral equivalent of a baby among MMA fighters.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119908 on: May 01, 2021, 10:34:49 pm »

You know, some other diseases cause shortness of breath ... maybe you would like to be tested ...

--------

Veckle's got depression. Sad sad sad.

I'm working on it, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119909 on: May 01, 2021, 10:43:33 pm »

You know what I want? I want to be in bed, sleeping right now.

You know what my pile of shit body seems to want? It wants me to be so uncomfortable I can't sleep.

This cold I've had since last Saturday is leaving me short of breath. It's a thing colds sometimes do to me. I've been recovering, however having a full stomach seems to press on my diaphragm/lungs/whatever just enough that my brain refuses to register that I'm taking a full breath. Obvious solution is to not have a full stomach when I go to bed.

You know what else my body is doing? If I don't have a full stomach when I lie down, I start getting really nasty heartburn which makes it impossible to sleep because it constantly feels like distilled hydrochloric is climbing its way out of my stomach.

So, until this cold completely abates and my brain is back to registering full breaths as full breaths, I have to stay up feeling horribly uncomfortable for HOURS until I'm so tired that as soon as I lie in bed I'll fall asleep.

Fuck you too body, you pile of absolute shite. As soon as I can ditch you for either a better body or a robot one I am. I cannot express through words the sheer frustration I'm feeling. At least if my lungs were fucked it'd have a good goddamn reason to be like this, but no. I got a goddamn cold. A virus so utterly pathetic that some people don't actually "get" colds because their immune system doesn't have the stupid over-the-top "OH GOD YOU'VE CAUGHT PNEUMONIC PLAGUE!" reaction to what is the viral equivalent of a baby among MMA fighters.

Drink much water, sleep sitting up. Breathe deep every so often. Like as deep as you can. Stops the mold growing. (well, basically the bacteria doesn't like oxygen, this is a legit thing)

...also if youre not registering breaths, get an oximetre. sometimes its hard to tell. and i hope you have someone looking after you at this time.

get well soon.
Pages: 1 ... 7992 7993 [7994] 7995 7996 ... 8168