Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7990 7991 [7992] 7993 7994 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9508277 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119865 on: April 23, 2021, 12:31:34 am »

Relatively minor one, but those Oscars commercials.  Remember when people actually wanted to watch the award shows?  When it actually mattered?

Sure, I never cared about them, but lots of other people did.  Now they're like begging people to watch them.  So sad.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119866 on: April 23, 2021, 03:21:40 am »

I never could figure out why people like those shows, it's all about rich people giving other rich people awards.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119867 on: April 23, 2021, 11:16:37 am »

I never could figure out why people like those shows, it's all about rich people giving other rich people awards.
You´re just jealous because you´re not rich and beautiful and thus are not getting awards. If you were getting awards for being rich and beautiful you´d be OK with it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119868 on: April 23, 2021, 11:57:44 am »

Relatively minor one, but those Oscars commercials.  Remember when people actually wanted to watch the award shows?  When it actually mattered?

Sure, I never cared about them, but lots of other people did.  Now they're like begging people to watch them.  So sad.
I recently watched the Oscars from the 90s to see what the drop in quality was like, and I can conclusively say that the Oscars have always been irredeemably shit and that Hollywood should become a nuclear testing ground.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119869 on: April 23, 2021, 12:06:24 pm »

I recently watched the Oscars from the 90s to see what the drop in quality was like, and I can conclusively say that the Oscars have always been irredeemably shit and that Hollywood should become a nuclear testing ground.

Second.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119870 on: April 23, 2021, 01:11:10 pm »

I never could figure out why people like those shows, it's all about rich white people giving other rich white people and token minorities awards.

ftfy
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119871 on: April 23, 2021, 01:50:27 pm »

Caz, be ok please. You are a  beautifult person
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119872 on: April 23, 2021, 02:04:17 pm »

Caz, be ok please. You are a  beautifult person

We've texted on Discord. She's still kicking.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119873 on: April 23, 2021, 02:32:30 pm »

Speaking of people disappearing, does anyone happen to know if Yoink (and Reelya for that matter) are doing okay?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119874 on: April 23, 2021, 05:45:07 pm »

Speaking of people disappearing, does anyone happen to know if Yoink (and Reelya for that matter) are doing okay?

I remember Yoink mentioning he was starting dating a bit before he disappeared, so maybe that worked out? Don't know for sure, though.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #119875 on: April 23, 2021, 06:03:12 pm »

I refuse to confirm my suspicions by looking at Reelya's post history, but I thought they just disappear for half a year, come back for another half-year, disappear again for half a year, come back again for another half-year, disappear yet again for half a year...

I don't know if my memory's mixed up here, but I thought that's roughly their schedule. That's my feeling on it. I haven't tested it out rigorously, and I don't think I particularly want to, just out of common decency.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119876 on: April 23, 2021, 06:04:22 pm »

I remember Yoink mentioning he was starting dating a bit before he disappeared, so maybe that worked out? Don't know for sure, though.

Yoink would tell us. Pals before gals.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119877 on: April 23, 2021, 06:38:04 pm »

Yoink would tell us. Pals before gals.

>__________________>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #119878 on: April 23, 2021, 07:00:19 pm »

I'm trying to imagine how'd one go about fully gender-neutralizing "pals before gals" while still making it catchy. I mean, it's an improvement over the original (which I won't quote here), but I feel like there's still improvements that could be made. There's still some unfortunate implication there of gals not being pals. Or indeed, of gals being the only people you can date.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119879 on: April 23, 2021, 07:18:34 pm »

besties before testes
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7990 7991 [7992] 7993 7994 ... 8168