Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7976 7977 [7978] 7979 7980 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510390 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119655 on: March 08, 2021, 09:26:20 am »

I agree petty stuff in a couple of times is okay to erase on adulthood. Major or repeated crimes should not.

Of course it depends on contexts. These punks should get trialed as adults and land their asses in jail for a long time. Soldier kids kidnaped and forced to commit atrocities (common ocurrence on these plces) or either get killed are a different thing.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119656 on: March 08, 2021, 10:39:17 am »

Wow that is stupid. They should remain in prison. Is not like it was a mob(as in herd not as in mafia) or passional thing, they showed premeditation and will do it again after released. Even if they dont, they killed a inocent man with premeditation and no reason, they should pay. And their criminal records should remain. Is not like the broke a window or buyed alcohol under the table, they willingfully murdered a person, that should always remain.

It has something to do with international treaties on the rights of children. And yes, in this case it turns out horrible, but it is still a good thing that children are protected from being prosectuted like adults, and a good thing that juvenile criminal records get wiped at adulthood.

Now there are some exceptions that can be made. I think there are options to judge a minor as if he were an adult, and punish him accordingly. But I think that's only possible with suspects between the age of 17 and 18.

Where here in the US we've made a business out of imprisoning parents (if they're poor or non-white) for stupid shit like kids missing a day of school. Then you charge them money for being in prison, and keep them in if they can't afford to pay. While they're in there, you can sell their labor so they're having to pay for the privilege of doing work.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119657 on: March 08, 2021, 01:08:32 pm »

Also, Rolan, it seems you didt drink down your feelings this time? At least you dont mention alcohol at all. If that is so, Im proud of you amigo.

Not that if you drink Im not, but Im happier when people improves!
I didn't want to brag, but I guess it might be healthy in this case!  Yeah!  Hooray for creative writing and mildly masochistic exercise :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119658 on: March 08, 2021, 02:00:12 pm »

Well, today walked about the same you did and while is kind of tiresome, is a tad over an hour of light exercise and excellent for cardio,, I would not call it masochist. Im really happy for you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119659 on: March 08, 2021, 05:08:23 pm »

Slept like shit due to fuckers burning who knows what at midnight, leave work early 'cause I was getting to the point I shouldn't drive, come home to find fucking everyone supposed to be taking care of my grandparents while I'm not there fucking flaked out again. One no-showed, the one that was actually there fed my diabetic grandfather shit he shouldn't have been eating.

Just confirms that, yes, if they're going to be taken care of even a bloody modicum of like they should be, I'm going to have to burn three more hours and my lunch from my work schedule to add forty more minutes to my work day commute so I can drive home, feed them like they're supposed to eat, and then go back to work.

It's going to suck.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119660 on: March 08, 2021, 06:13:37 pm »

Are you using proper home health, or are you relying on family members?

The former **SHOULD** be giving proper care, and if they are not, you should report them to state using the elder abuse hotline for your state.

If the latter, My condolences; however, family members these days are notorious for abuse and neglect of their elderly family members, and you should be well aware of this.  I can assure you that taking care of old people is a full time job.  If you find you cannot be certain that your elderly family member is getting the care they need, consider hiring proper home health services, or placing the family member into an assisted living facility/community.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119661 on: March 08, 2021, 06:21:07 pm »

Slept like shit due to fuckers burning who knows what at midnight

Oil, obviously.

The midnight oil.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119662 on: March 08, 2021, 06:39:02 pm »

Are you using proper home health, or are you relying on family members?

The former **SHOULD** be giving proper care, and if they are not, you should report them to state using the elder abuse hotline for your state.

If the latter, My condolences; however, family members these days are notorious for abuse and neglect of their elderly family members, and you should be well aware of this.  I can assure you that taking care of old people is a full time job.  If you find you cannot be certain that your elderly family member is getting the care they need, consider hiring proper home health services, or placing the family member into an assisted living facility/community.
Family/family friends, yeah. One of the two elderly involved is in pretty stringent denial any help is needed and very much against getting proper home health involved -- and the family members that actually has the money, time, legal status (direct children, etc.), and housing situation (i.e. they have a home to go back to if the elderly in question kick them out the house during a tantrum; I don't, and the housing situation around here is megashit) to do something about it have stuck their fingers so far up their ass on the subject they got thumbs wiggling out their ears. It's rough and getting rougher by the week.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119663 on: March 08, 2021, 06:51:49 pm »

Slept like shit due to fuckers burning who knows what at midnight

Oil, obviously.

The midnight oil.

"More of that strange oil... It's probably nothing."
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119664 on: March 09, 2021, 12:07:03 am »

I keep glomping the back of the couch in order to emulate snuggling in bed with someone ._. (not deliberately. just something Sleep Vector does.) It's made my dreams more cuddly but it also feels kinda pathetic. Like the baby monkeys with the cloth vs. wire mothers.

Also, as an instructor I'm eligible for vaccination but haven't been able to pull myself together psychologically yet to arrange an appt. Hurrrrrrrrrrrrgh :( :( :( hhhhhuuuuuuuhhhhrhrhrhrhghghghghgh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #119665 on: March 09, 2021, 01:07:25 am »

somft.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119666 on: March 09, 2021, 04:47:41 am »

"Glomping"?
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119667 on: March 09, 2021, 05:16:59 am »

Tackle hugging, usually. Either without the tackling part here or sleep Vec is wild, who knows.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119668 on: March 09, 2021, 03:21:05 pm »

I have been avoiding posting this.

A co-worker recently committed suicide, after struggling with depression over the prior suicide of one of her best friends.
I saw her obituary page today.

I had told her that if she needed to talk, that I wanted her to talk to me. That was just days before her death.  I have been having difficulty shaking the nagging feeling that I could have, and should have, done more to help her.  My rational mind says that there isn't anything I could have done differently, but my emotional core is screaming the opposite.

She was a good person, and did not deserve this.

I will be OK, but seeing her obit really hurts. (and being so damn accustomed to death, has me mad at myself for not being able to cry.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119669 on: March 09, 2021, 03:33:34 pm »

I'm so sorry to hear that.

And no, don't blame yourself. By offering her a listening ear, you have done all you could.

EDIT: an old saying goes: Who saves one life, saves the world.
But I must add, you cannot save them all.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7976 7977 [7978] 7979 7980 ... 8168