Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7975 7976 [7977] 7978 7979 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510560 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119640 on: March 07, 2021, 05:37:13 am »

Do yoy think it migth be parasites?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119641 on: March 07, 2021, 02:33:38 pm »

No, not too likely in the US. Probably just upset from being alone.

A friend will come over next weekend, so that will help :)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119642 on: March 07, 2021, 02:55:57 pm »

Might be a parasitic fungus. Do you feel a sudden urge to stand on the roof of tall buildings?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119643 on: March 07, 2021, 05:40:12 pm »

Spoiler: The laundry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Work in progress (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Final result (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Small spot in the roof (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119644 on: March 07, 2021, 06:13:01 pm »

I hadn't seen one of those washing machines in 30 years 😳
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119645 on: March 07, 2021, 06:24:31 pm »

I also dumped a small floor on that area, ypu can see it on the right bottom corner. For some reason they left a patch of dirt, soil down to the core of earth there. Why? There is no why.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119646 on: March 07, 2021, 07:47:34 pm »

You don't still use them? I used a newer one for a bit, but my new apartment doesn't have connections for washing machines.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119647 on: March 07, 2021, 10:33:07 pm »

I grew up with that kind :)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119648 on: March 07, 2021, 10:45:38 pm »

We're basically using one as a table on our porch, myself. Think it might theoretically work still if it were cleaned up and plugged in. Hope to never have reason to find out, ha.

... also think it might be old enough to drink at a minimum, don't quite recall. It's been around long enough I can't remember how long it's been around, much like the mattress I'm sleeping on :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119649 on: March 07, 2021, 11:49:15 pm »

I spent almost all of yesterday with my dad and it was really great!  But then around the firebowl we got in a conversation with his neighbor about their divorces and I had to listen to a whole lot of things I preferred not to think about ever again.  I reacted last night by writing a truly horrifying, nauseating bit of short fiction of a character which I guess represented me a bit.  It was like my body-horror nightmares but with a conscious director making some artistic statement about body resentment.  I reflexively edited it, using synonyms and impassively rewriting redundant phrases.  Then I stared at it, a while, and saved it with a dire warning as a filename.

(And made a mental note to delete everything I've ever written from everywhere.  because that's a thing.)

I killed time until dawn and fell asleep in the daylight, but instead of the typical daymares I got 3 hours of inspirational dreams about gender euphoria.  In a crazy coincidence a friend shared hir new Slaaneshi army right as I woke, and we enthused about psionic body transformation for a while. 

Later (after responsibilities) I had a brisk 12 kilometer walk to process things.  To quote a certain WH40K cultist, it is a good pain~  Very affirming ache <3  I'm not punishing my body, but I like to think it'll improve as a result.  It certainly released the fun chemicals <3

(I had to edit this down a *lot*, it originally involved a lot more therapeutic venting.  Which was very helpful, but really didn't need to be shared publicly!  Also while this ended happy, it's just one episode in a war which might never end.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119650 on: March 08, 2021, 05:12:38 am »

We're basically using one as a table on our porch, myself. Think it might theoretically work still if it were cleaned up and plugged in. Hope to never have reason to find out, ha.
Had a stove with a tarp over it that lived on the porch and was used as a place to put stuff for several years, hope it still works.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119651 on: March 08, 2021, 05:16:43 am »

There is a newer one here but since is not ours we won't be taking it. Once we had a brad new one that I bought for us, a Samsung with all the whistles and bells, we had to sell it to buy food.

This one(in the picture) is a battle horse, its been around since I have memory, end of the 80's/very early 90's. It weights like a ton, because the solution designers/engineers found back then to stop vibrations/unbalance while spinning at maximum rpm was to put a concrete block (which I suspect has a lead core) underneath and call it a day.

Also, Rolan, it seems you didt drink down your feelings this time? At least you dont mention alcohol at all. If that is so, Im proud of you amigo.

Not that if you drink Im not, but Im happier when people improves!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:19:40 am by LordBaal »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119652 on: March 08, 2021, 06:48:51 am »

In Belgium, a homosexual man has been found dead and horribly mutilated in a park. He was lured there by a 'group of minors known to the police for gaybashing', with a fake grindr date.

One of the kids has been arrested, the other two are on the run.

In 2012, a 32 year old gay man was similarily lured and murdered by 4 men. Back then, 3 of them were sentenced to life-long imprisonment, the 4th got 30 years prison time.

Sadly, the current perpetrators are minors. They'll be out and free of criminal record when they turn 18.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:52:41 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119653 on: March 08, 2021, 07:12:05 am »

Wow that is stupid. They should remain in prison. Is not like it was a mob(as in herd not as in mafia) or passional thing, they showed premeditation and will do it again after released. Even if they dont, they killed a inocent man with premeditation and no reason, they should pay. And their criminal records should remain. Is not like the broke a window or buyed alcohol under the table, they willingfully murdered a person, that should always remain.

Why people have to be so hateful? Why people care do much what others make with their asses? Its their asses! Its their fucking problem and no one else.

My own sad today is that I came to work. The place wont work today, at least not moving stuff thanks to the radical quarentine, they'll be working selling by the side door while pretending to be closed (virtually every business does that here). But now I wasted money on the motorbike taxi fare that wont come back. Walking back home now. Its 11 km joy ride, hope not being caught in any fucking checkpoints and robbed because I dont have permission to be on the streets. At least there werent any on our way here but it was way earlier.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 07:24:23 am by LordBaal »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119654 on: March 08, 2021, 08:23:33 am »

Wow that is stupid. They should remain in prison. Is not like it was a mob(as in herd not as in mafia) or passional thing, they showed premeditation and will do it again after released. Even if they dont, they killed a inocent man with premeditation and no reason, they should pay. And their criminal records should remain. Is not like the broke a window or buyed alcohol under the table, they willingfully murdered a person, that should always remain.

It has something to do with international treaties on the rights of children. And yes, in this case it turns out horrible, but it is still a good thing that children are protected from being prosectuted like adults, and a good thing that juvenile criminal records get wiped at adulthood.

Now there are some exceptions that can be made. I think there are options to judge a minor as if he were an adult, and punish him accordingly. But I think that's only possible with suspects between the age of 17 and 18.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7975 7976 [7977] 7978 7979 ... 8168