Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7929 7930 [7931] 7932 7933 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9519749 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118950 on: October 29, 2020, 07:05:39 am »

I sang really, really loud in different registers three weeks ago. Then shouted at cattle the next day.

I still can't talk for longer than a minute.  :(

This is super annoying.

Still a problem... though now I can speak with more ease.
Beginning to wonder whether it's an infection or something.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118951 on: October 29, 2020, 07:52:46 am »

Have you had any fever? You have your tonsils? It could be an infection because its been several days already for a simple sore throat. See a doc if you had fever or feel unwell.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118952 on: October 29, 2020, 08:08:57 am »

Nah, no fever. And I do have my tonsils.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118953 on: October 29, 2020, 04:02:25 pm »

Covid’s in my household,
Covid’s in my household,
Da-na na na,
Da-na na na.

I get 2 weeks off work,
I get 2 weeks off work,
I don’t get paid,
I don’t get paid.

*sigh* not a problem for that, but now I get to be worried about potentially having gotten people sick at work because I don’t know if I have it and I’m just asymptomatic, or if I’ll get sick at some point I t’be next fortnight.

I’ll also probably lose out on a bonus at the end of the year.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118954 on: October 29, 2020, 05:25:47 pm »

Some sundrop in a bottle should take care of it!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118955 on: October 29, 2020, 05:41:59 pm »

I’d have to break quarantine for that!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118956 on: October 29, 2020, 05:51:28 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118957 on: October 30, 2020, 04:23:04 am »

I just feel really restless today. Like I was knocked off balance and I can't regain my composure no matter what I do.

I'm very lonely here in my loneliness. I like the game I started playing, The Longing, cause the main character is very lonely and frequently soliloquizes this fact, one time saying "Loneliness is real." apropos nothing. You can draw pre-set pictures in the game, and the one labeled 'friend' is just a spider, which is the only other living thing you find besides moss and mushrooms. (Though, being a predator, that implies the existence of prey, but whatevs I guess.)

Though I guess, depending on my mood, I like to revel in my loneliness and misery, like with that game, or I like to fantasize to allay it, such as with anime like My Hero Academia where I really like the big group of friends that all the students are, and wish I had something in my life like that.

That kinda makes me think I deserve my loneliness though, because I do have friends I can talk to, they're on Discord fairly frequently. They're all spazzes and can't commit to any kind of consistent schedule, and so setting up anything with them ahead of time is doomed to failure, but when they're on, they're on. Given the opportunity though, I feel so reluctant to do so. If I don't have anything to talk about, I feel awkward, and we don't have overlapping gaming interests so there isn't much of a communal activity to bond over; the zeitgeist of the group is one that is really fun, but I can't help but feel it brings out a bad side of me. (Though perhaps that's just my own fault.) With that in mind, I'll usually decide I'd rather just close Discord and continue my night doing whatever I planned on doing by myself anyway. It doesn't help that the group of them includes one person who, for petty reasons I keep secret from them, I greatly dislike and I don't want to speak to that one person; so if I see them I just pass on the opportunity to jump in at all. That being said, I can despise my loneliness all I want, but I feel like it's still my own fault.

I didn't intend to write all that when I came here to post, I was thinking to just write those first two sentences, but then got carried away again.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118958 on: October 30, 2020, 07:06:39 am »

A TV series made me Sad today, damnit. ;_;   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118959 on: October 30, 2020, 07:17:28 am »

Name it, good sir, and I shalt protect thee from its malevolent presence.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118960 on: October 30, 2020, 08:38:53 am »

Name it, good sir, and I shalt protect thee from its malevolent presence.
She-Ra Power Princess
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118961 on: October 30, 2020, 08:44:53 am »

No. That's the She-Ra crossover with Xena. Racy and disgustingly bad fanfic. Stay Away. Nothing but endless 3-ways with Gabriel.

The original is She-Ra the princess of power. (She's out to prove to her brother who the biggest princess is, but he's always too busy "fighting" with skeletor.)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #118962 on: October 31, 2020, 06:04:09 am »

I'm feeling sadder than usual right now. I'm not sure why.

Is it because I wasn't able to cycle today because of the rain? Exercise has a huge effect on my sanity, so any interruptions to that routine will significantly affect me.

Is it because I blew off an offer to become a secretariat in a club in a way that I now consider a bit aggressive? I did say "anything that has obligations associated with it is something I usually don't go for" and then after the recruiter said that there's no harm in it, I went ahead and said "I'd rather be safe in the knowledge that no-one's gonna make me do [things]". That's basically the hardest "no" I'm willing to give a stranger, and I wonder if I went too far. Does it make me an asshole for not wanting to do things for others when given the chance within this context? (I'm willing to provide the full text of what I said, but I'll paraphrase what the recruiter said due to a different language. PM me if you want it for some reason)

Is it because the guy with a car who I now go to dinner with every day when he's around, someone who'll I tentatively call a friend, is currently out of town? I enjoy what he has to say, he's very capable of maintaining interesting conversation, and I really do feel like I'm using him somewhat. Even if I seeked out more friends (which I don't), I'm not sure if any of them would necessarily be as interesting as he is. He's... important to me. And I'm still in denial about that. On the other hand, I know full well that my trust unit is oddly prone to placing too much trust too fast in people who show kindness to me, so I'm still using that "tentative" designation. God, I'm ambivalent.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118963 on: October 31, 2020, 08:13:03 am »

RIP Sean Connery.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118964 on: October 31, 2020, 08:15:07 am »

Its okay. It seems you are sad for a combination of things. Here is rainy too btw. You should know you are not using the car guy, at least it does not sound like that at all. You two are just enjoying each other company.
Pages: 1 ... 7929 7930 [7931] 7932 7933 ... 8168