Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7917 7918 [7919] 7920 7921 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9521610 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118770 on: August 19, 2020, 11:00:40 am »

That argument would fully apply from birth through adulthood. Maybe this is what you want, of course - do you generally think people have the right to murder their kids?

I much prefer the symmetrical solution of having the parents painlessly euthanised instead. After all, they're the ones who get a choice.

It really is a perfect solution. Don't want the trouble of giving birth? We can put you in a medically induced coma until full term, then deliver the child and euthanise you. No trouble for you whatsoever.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 11:05:19 am by Maximum Spin »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118771 on: August 19, 2020, 11:11:17 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:52:14 pm by dragdeler »
let

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118772 on: August 19, 2020, 11:13:56 am »

It's not like it doesn't take a shitload of abstraction to define these globs as fully human, what fucking mammal can't breathe on its own?
Only adult male property owners of my race are fully human, of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118773 on: August 19, 2020, 11:14:38 am »

Just chuck 'em all into government funded dojos
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118774 on: August 19, 2020, 11:18:01 am »

I think this is going out of hand and is not place to have such arguments.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118775 on: August 19, 2020, 11:21:29 am »

Sorry, I just have a very strong intrinsic loathing for people who think their personal hangups are Correct Morality.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118776 on: August 19, 2020, 11:29:03 am »

I feel you and me too. Drag is actually a solid guy, people just have different outlooks on life and way to express themselves. As one goes through the stages of life your opinions can and will change.

I can only hold onto my experience and transmit it to you guys. The best day in my whole life is the day I held peter on my arms the very first time. I can't justify why anyone would harm a baby/kid before or after being born.

I also realize pete was a planned and desired baby, and he is lucky to have a family that loves him and other kids migth not have such luck and there are cases were abortion would seem more humane. As said, is a really troublesome issue.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118777 on: August 19, 2020, 11:43:30 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:52:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118778 on: August 19, 2020, 11:52:10 am »

I am surprised that being an actual body somehow equates to supremacy. And also that entertaining ideas of sanctity of unborn life is somehow the feminist stance.
That's because you're assuming your categories are the categories. It's a common mistake, so I won't push the argument further.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118779 on: August 19, 2020, 11:54:53 am »

I feel you and me too. Drag is actually a solid guy, people just have different outlooks on life and way to express themselves. As one goes through the stages of life your opinions can and will change.
True, when I was a teen I wanted to make grandchildren for my parents.  Not so much anymore :P
Sorry, you're right of course.  But sometimes opinions don't change, and the hint of "It's just a phase" makes me defensive.  I can't see my position changing unless I actually begat a child, then I bet it would.  Biological imperatives are scary like that.

Sorry, I just have a very strong intrinsic loathing for people who think their personal hangups are Correct Morality.
Yeah I'm pretty tired of parents insisting that protecting one's genetic offspring is the ultimate Correct Morality and pushing that idea on everyone else.  You can't openly question it though without being "loathsome".

Still, one gets used to it, and I'm glad we're able to coexist nowadays.  It's even legal for people like me to adopt, at least some places, and I think that's a great mutually beneficial arrangement.  Particularly for all the orphans.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118780 on: August 19, 2020, 11:56:57 am »

Yeah I'm pretty tired of parents insisting that protecting one's genetic offspring is the ultimate Correct Morality and pushing that idea on everyone else.  You can't openly question it though without being "loathsome".
You think that's a gotcha but I'm not a parent and I didn't espouse any particular position on the subject... :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118781 on: August 19, 2020, 12:00:08 pm »

That's kinda a relief, because I always prefer to criticize larger systemic issues than particular posters!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118782 on: August 19, 2020, 12:10:46 pm »

That's kinda a relief, because I always prefer to criticize larger systemic issues than particular posters!
Well, all right, maybe you didn't think it was a gotcha, then. The repetition of "loathsome" seemed pointed. But if you did, I promise, my disgust at one person's nasty dismissal of dissenting viewpoints is pure and does not imply anything about my own position, which isn't itself worth the trouble of discussing.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118783 on: August 19, 2020, 12:14:32 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:54:29 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118784 on: August 19, 2020, 12:47:59 pm »

At any rate discussing raped minors and abortion is fucking depressing. Now I'm below the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 7917 7918 [7919] 7920 7921 ... 8168