Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7849 7850 [7851] 7852 7853 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9516763 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117750 on: January 27, 2020, 02:17:16 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:54 pm by dragdeler »
let

Tingle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117751 on: January 27, 2020, 03:00:46 pm »

Inject the weed in your kneecaps!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117752 on: January 27, 2020, 03:04:10 pm »

Weedcaps.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117753 on: January 27, 2020, 04:30:52 pm »

For what it's worth try CBD before you resort to opiates, hopefully get a rest  :-\

Are you sure that's the right way to combine medicines? Jokes.

I'd love to get a rest. Maybe after I change apartments twice in 6 months.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117754 on: January 27, 2020, 10:19:17 pm »

Well, I'm sure it'd be better than just suffering through that level of chronic pain.   
Hope your doctors/employers get their shit together soon!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tingle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117755 on: January 27, 2020, 10:54:02 pm »

Whilst cbd is pretty good at sometings it's only a single isolation of hundreds of cannabinoids and like most pharmacy medicines it doesn't do what the actual plant itself does when aged and consumed properly. Cannabinoids maturation is a old art that can take decades to get some good hash that has complex structures. Sure straight from the plant is good and isolates are ok but the real good shit will hopefully be coming in a few years with the tech falling in.
I would just eat a brownie or someting like that every evening for pain. There's no magic bullet for anything.

To answer the question. Cannabinoids and opiates are ok to mix at low levels theres no adverse effects I've experienced. I was doing codine alcohol and smoking pot for a while. I didn't die but then again i never had more than two drinks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117756 on: January 28, 2020, 12:26:22 pm »

The whole pain thing sucks. I'm happy to stick with my opioids, though. I'm seriously allergic to something in cannabis/byproducts (I get a really nasty full body rash upon use,) and it does absolutely nothing for my kind of pain anyway. I'm currently taking oxycodone/muscle relaxers, but it's not really enough to make me functional. The whole thing sucks, but we do what we can.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117757 on: January 28, 2020, 01:17:30 pm »

Weed doesn't really affect the pain. It just makes you care less about the pain. That's helpful, but not an entire solution.

The vape pens are probably more consistent with dosing, and might have removed whatever allergy you have, but it also might not have (and inhaling something you might be allergic to doesn't sound fun).

"For some reason" pharmaceutical companies don't like non-addictive medicines, which is why we're still using opiods even though they make people sick/die and are always at a low-level addiction problem everywhere.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117758 on: January 28, 2020, 01:32:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:39:01 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117759 on: January 28, 2020, 02:44:03 pm »

I just hear the nightmare stories from the US and am worried that if he goes see his doctor he'll just get a presciption for opioids... I mean it's not that insane of an assumption. And it's not that good an option; probably quite expensive too.

And then, when you're addicted, you're out of a job.

Probably worse around here; the police force former addicts back into (for example) methadone clinics where they get re-addicted after being in prison for years. So now you've got a record (borderline unemployable), may have lost contact with whatever people you had when they weren't allowed to visit, and are recreating an addiction. Keeps them poors where they belong.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117760 on: January 28, 2020, 04:41:27 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:39:05 pm by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117761 on: January 30, 2020, 12:24:52 am »

I have been feeling rather angry recently because I have the impression that a certain person thinks that they have done nothing wrong, despite actually causing me serious emotional harm in a way that I explained to them, and that the big argument we had over the subject was just me being irrational and stupidly emotional over nothing, and that everything is fine between us and she can just continue valuing me like her convenience.

Probably not helped by the fact that, at the end of the argument, *I* ended up apologizing for being upset at *her* behavior. It was partly due to the fact that she was so inextricably tied up with the majority of my friend group and that if I cut her off, I would've probably had to cut off a lot of my friends too to avoid seeing her, but also because I am far too forgiving in the moment and end up regretting it later. Throughout the argument, it seemed like she hardly even tried to preserve our relationship and was instead just constantly trying to save face. She even had the gall to give me some condescending ultimatum about how "it's up to you to decide how our friendship goes" or something like that. She was completely unapologetic originally. Eventually I ended up apologizing to her for "approaching it in that way" and she made a quick apology herself, but later it seemed like she either completely misunderstood what the whole argument was about or didn't even try to understand and just brushed off what I was saying. Come to think of it, I sometimes doubt that any of my friends would bother trying to see me outside of being in a group with her. I sometimes get the feeling that they don't value me or my presence or think that I matter that much either.

I've been really, really angry recently -- at her and my other (supposed) friends and just in general, and it's starting to affect my daily life, even outside of their presence. I don't know what to do to handle this. Any advice you guys might have would be appreciated.

EDIT: It's worth noting that this was one of the few people (perhaps the only one) who I actually trusted, and that they acted in this way towards me was a major, major wound. Now I sometimes feel like I don't have anyone who I trust, not even just to talk to about all these serious weights that have been in my mind lately.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 12:32:53 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117762 on: February 03, 2020, 06:45:22 am »

Ugh, existence. What a pain in the ass.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JEB Davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117763 on: February 03, 2020, 08:54:44 am »

Hang in there, bloop_bleep. Remember that YOU are more important than a relationship with someone else (no, I'm not downplaying relationships, they are very important). Just saying that if a relationship is doing this to your life then maybe "it's up to you to decide how our friendship goes" means it's a good time to do just that, evaluate the importance of your happiness/peace vs staying in something that's maybe not what it seemed to be in the past. It sounds like your eyes are opening to new ways of seeing.

I'm not just spouting off, I've been through much of the stuff you're saying, especially the trust part in the last sentence.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117764 on: February 03, 2020, 04:31:38 pm »

Rush Limbaugh has cancer. I hate the man, I hate the show, and I hate what the GOP has done to my country. Seeing people cheering still sickens me.

Cancer has touched every part of my life for the last three years. I couldn't be home for Christmas. For a combined period of around three months, I couldn't walk because a tumor near my spine was crushing nerves and muscles--this happened on two occasions. I've had skin rashes, lost my hair and lost days worth of sleep to fevers, chills and night sweats. I vomited until nothing was in my stomach but bile and water, then kept going. I think daily about what it means for my loved ones if I die before 30 without anything to show for it. I've had three implants, a number of biopsies, and spent almost as much time in chemotherapy in 2018 as doing anything else. I had to quit my job, quit any school plans, forget getting my license, stop having sex, and place my life entirely in the hands of the government and my insurance.

And people are out there, acting like this is something you should wish on somebody and give yourself high-fives over.

This is why I will never claim myself to be part of any group ever again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7849 7850 [7851] 7852 7853 ... 8168