Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7786 7787 [7788] 7789 7790 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9520531 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116805 on: October 01, 2019, 10:22:11 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116806 on: October 01, 2019, 10:36:21 am »

Let dad, Bernard Sanders handle that, late stage capitalism is like the lottery: everybody can win, just not all at once. I'm a scrub yet I live very decently, your country is richer.

At least the council of elders is cutting you some slack I presume  ;D? At least I hope so for you.

It's time to bring back arranged marriages! to secure alliances between rival fiefdoms.

do you ever have nightmares about corporate feudalism like I do ;D?!
I hadn’t thought of corporate feudalism before, if it were to happen, they would have even more power than they already do

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116807 on: October 01, 2019, 10:44:25 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116808 on: October 01, 2019, 10:44:43 am »

Let dad, Bernard Sanders handle that, late stage capitalism is like the lottery: everybody can win, just not all at once. I'm a scrub yet I live very decently, your country is richer.

Bernie won't make it past the primaries, they'll pick Biden even if he has no merit whatsoever.  And an idiot senate will roadblock any real change anyhow.

And even if the US is rich, most of it goes to a few dozen people or blowing people up in the middle east.  The economy never recovered since '08, and its set to take another downturn.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116809 on: October 01, 2019, 10:48:31 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116810 on: October 01, 2019, 12:23:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lacking financial stability doesn't help, either. People don't feel comfortable bringing someone else into their life when they can barely take care of themselves.

If it comes to that I advise taking as many drugs as you can in our last remaining years.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #116811 on: October 01, 2019, 01:03:20 pm »

Pro tip for those going to consume large amounts of mind altering substances in the near future:
If you think you can fly, trying taking off from ground level instead off the roof of the nearby condo
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116812 on: October 01, 2019, 07:36:30 pm »

I’ve been thinking about how corporations hold more power than governments, and that rich people who care only about money are fucking the planet over, and how even if we stopped emissions and pollution tomorrow, there will be devastating effects, and how humanity is still adding to the already very bad situation making it worse, and how we are all screwed

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116813 on: October 01, 2019, 07:42:17 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116814 on: October 01, 2019, 07:43:03 pm »

I’ve been thinking about how corporations hold more power than governments, and that rich people who care only about money are fucking the planet over, and how even if we stopped emissions and pollution tomorrow, there will be devastating effects, and how humanity is still adding to the already very bad situation making it worse, and how we are all screwed
I think about this about 90% of the time I'm awake every day

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116815 on: October 01, 2019, 07:45:33 pm »

This talk about governments and fiefdoms and shit reminded me of an idea I was pondering yesterday: why not dissolve all large nations and turn them (back) into city-states? Would be a much healthier setup, it seems to me.
The decisions of each government would actually be relevant to their people, instead of basically trying to do the same thing with the confusing shemozzle of state vs federal laws and all such nonsense.
Also, if one was fed up with their homeland, there'd actually be a reasonable chance of them finding someplace better.

Pro tip for those going to consume large amounts of mind altering substances in the near future:
If you think you can fly, trying taking off from ground level instead off the roof of the nearby condo
Or an indoor mezzanine.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116816 on: October 01, 2019, 07:54:41 pm »

I think about this about 90% of the time I'm awake every day
I think about it a lot. Every time I talk about it I start crying because of the hopelessness

This talk about governments and fiefdoms and shit reminded me of an idea I was pondering yesterday: why not dissolve all large nations and turn them (back) into city-states? Would be a much healthier setup, it seems to me.
The decisions of each government would actually be relevant to their people, instead of basically trying to do the same thing with the confusing shemozzle of state vs federal laws and all such nonsense.
Also, if one was fed up with their homeland, there'd actually be a reasonable chance of them finding someplace better.

Or an indoor mezzanine.
I think the only way for this to happen is civil wars and the death of leaders of the large nations. There are already many civil wars happening in various places. I don’t see a peaceful way to implement this, I could be missing something though, but according to history large nations tend to break into smaller ones violently

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116817 on: October 01, 2019, 07:55:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116818 on: October 01, 2019, 07:58:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116819 on: October 01, 2019, 08:01:54 pm »

I think the only way for this to happen is civil wars and the death of leaders of the large nations. There are already many civil wars happening in various places. I don’t see a peaceful way to implement this, I could be missing something though, but according to history large nations tend to break into smaller ones violently

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7786 7787 [7788] 7789 7790 ... 8168