Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7751 7752 [7753] 7754 7755 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9512580 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116280 on: August 02, 2019, 09:57:40 pm »

The best thing is making an adventure with it. Going on a hike and looking for them.

... Why the fuck would you tell someone to do this. That's how you get amanita poisoning. There's a reason people say never to eat any mushroom found in the wild.

nobody anywhere needs to deal with bad trip llama.

Wait ... Isn't Dunamisdeos himself a llama? Does this mean I can begin the postocalypse by consuming hallucinogenic mushrooms?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:01:19 pm by Eschar »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116281 on: August 02, 2019, 10:01:12 pm »

No, it's not totally bad advice - it just needs to be accompanied by a stern disclaimer reminding folks to carefully identify their fun guys before consuming them.
CC forgot said disclaimer, but his heart's in the right place!

Some folks go in for the "amanita poisoning" kinda trip, anyhow. It's certainly not the worst kind of mushroom one can accidentally eat!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #116282 on: August 02, 2019, 10:05:41 pm »

I stand corrected. Off to summon the Eldritch Post-it

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116283 on: August 02, 2019, 10:43:31 pm »

Kinda hard to mix up a brown psilocybe with a white or pink amanita though... (there's also a greenish one, but meh.)

I suppose if you only ever got them dried, you would have difficulty identifying a fresh one...

Ahh-- I bet it's Amanita Ceasarea that gets people. Similar cap appearance, but has distinctive difference in stem, gill, and veil morphologies.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:49:15 pm by wierd »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116284 on: August 02, 2019, 11:16:12 pm »

I don’t think we should be discussing attempting to find and consume mushrooms when such a thing can be potentially life-threatening if your proficiency in fungus identification is as good as Elsa Schneider’s holy grail identification skills.

Not to mention the potential legal consequences.

Mushrooms can fuck you up guys.

Edit for grammar
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:56:08 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116285 on: August 02, 2019, 11:35:37 pm »

You shouldnt consume wild mushrooms AT ALL if you cannot be very very sure about your identification.  That should be a given.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116286 on: August 02, 2019, 11:43:25 pm »

But I thought mushrooms made me taller and able to survive an extra hit
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116287 on: August 02, 2019, 11:46:59 pm »

The wrong kind can paralyze your intestinal muscles, and render you unable to derive nutrition from food, while also causing acute liver toxicity and renal failure.

The good kind make a delicious addition to soups and salads, and the special kind make the walls look like they are melting.

Sadly, some of the former look a good deal like the latter two.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116288 on: August 03, 2019, 01:22:22 am »

just don't eat any kind of mushrooms

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116289 on: August 03, 2019, 02:37:28 am »

Just don't eat

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116290 on: August 03, 2019, 02:49:17 am »

The walls melting isn't really the good part. Its the fluidity and interlinking of thoughts. The making of connections previously unseen and perhaps normally impossible.
But then again of course its scary cause most the world was lied to.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116291 on: August 03, 2019, 05:18:20 am »

See, I've got friends who've "enlightened" themselves a few too many times and now resolutely believe that they were present and aware at the Big Bang, or that they met previous incarnations of random people before in a past life 6000 years ago in Egypt, and that's why they have such a special connection to them (note: they do not have special connections with these people).

Edit: also, I have ever had a bona fide flashback of that sort and am immensely jealous of those lucky folks who do.    

This is the kind of thing that's inconvenient to have happen suddenly when you're driving. Or operating delicate machinery. Or when you're having a serious talk with someone who's worried about you and who deeply wants to be able to contact your rational and coherent self, but who gets turned away again by your space cadet receptionist.

Having it be financially economical to get a free trip isn't really worth giving up all agency over your own life when you can no longer guarantee that you'll be able to string two days of grounded thought together.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116292 on: August 03, 2019, 05:49:46 am »

If I were to try any drug other than the ones I'm already on I'd try amfetamines of some kind of something similar-like, but my drug contact disagrees with that line of inquiry.

The wrong kind can paralyze your intestinal muscles, and render you unable to derive nutrition from food, while also causing acute liver toxicity and renal failure.

The good kind make a delicious addition to soups and salads, and the special kind make the walls look like they are melting.

Sadly, some of the former look a good deal like the latter two.

If there's anything Unreal World has told me it's that nearly every poisonous thing is edible if you cook it right.

And also aids sweating and lowering of fevers.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116293 on: August 03, 2019, 05:51:06 am »

But "grounded thought" is precisely what we're trying to avoid here! /s

In other Sad news: it is the third already and I am missing the party I wanted to be back home in time for. I don't have the fucking money to afford flights myself, trying to convince the less-broke relatives I'm visiting to pay my way is invariably a torturous experience in which I am the worst person in the world for wishing to leave, and so I'm stuck here until the planets align and I can finally, miraculously, get home.

A friend messaged me just now asking if I'm coming. Another friend has been trying to call me. This sucks. Fuck it, what would I get out of attending this party in any case? Pretty sure there'll be at least one or two folks there whom I secretly despise, and it's not like I'd have the money to turn off my anxiety for very long anyway.
But, I'd planned on going, so now not going feels like another thick slice of failure to slide into the runny shit sandwich of my life. Plus I'd probably enjoy myself once I was there, despite my misgivings.

Anyway, I'm rambling. In other news, my collarbone is still broken and I continue to hate myself. Bummer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116294 on: August 03, 2019, 06:10:29 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:18:23 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7751 7752 [7753] 7754 7755 ... 8168