Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7710 7711 [7712] 7713 7714 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9514042 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115665 on: April 01, 2019, 08:37:30 pm »

Ah Russia, messing things up for everyone else since Nov 7 1917

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115666 on: April 01, 2019, 08:51:15 pm »

Bunch of noobs, we've been doing it since 1619.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115667 on: April 01, 2019, 08:53:36 pm »

Poor ol' Tsar Nick et al. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115668 on: April 02, 2019, 01:15:51 am »

Poor ol' Tsar Nick et al. :(

Nah, Tsar Nick became poor in February. And he stopped getting ol' in July.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #115669 on: April 02, 2019, 03:21:53 am »

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 05:07:55 pm by methylatedspirit »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115670 on: April 02, 2019, 08:39:07 pm »

I am sad to see people slowly lose the things in them that are good to a bitter, temporary, and ultimately shallow sense of belonging. Humanity has yet to exceed the superlative evil of the deliberate subsuming of a person's will with a promise of comfort that never comes.

That's sort of bleak, sorry. I'm feeling sort of bleak.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115671 on: April 03, 2019, 03:33:54 am »

Humanity has yet to exceed the superlative evil of the deliberate subsuming of a person's will with a promise of comfort that never comes.
Well I donno. Ethnic cleansings are worse than that I think. But we'll have to agree to disagree  :P
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115672 on: April 03, 2019, 07:45:42 am »

Not really that bleak, for me is kinda snafu being surrounded by some of those submitted and fully immersed on the consequences they unleashed.

Here we are, after 12 hours with electric power again in the proverbial dark. My son at least got a good night of sleep. He's also down to his last kg of powdered milk. Luckily he eats regular meals without hesitation too, as if he knew what's going on.

We managed (well, my wife actually) to acquire lots of lentils and some beans again. So for the time being we are back to 2 meals per day.

The office is still closed and any semblance of a regular life and building up again are basically tossed out of the window.

How I came from being a it technician with his own office on a huge factory, with a car, steady income and three meals per day to a drone that works for food? Shit I hate this dull nothingness because it gives me time to think on this things and makes me supper sad, angry, frustrated.

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115673 on: April 04, 2019, 03:06:42 am »

Birthday today. Got the day off to a proper start by weeping in bed for a while.

I'm 29 years old today. I dropped out of kindergarten, and haven't had any official education since then. I've never had a job. Whatever inherent talents I might have had before, have withered and burned away from years of neglect. I have no interests, and the extremely limited selection of hobbies I once entertained have fallen away with time. I can't focus properly, and my retention and learning have suffered as a result; and reading for pleasure has been drop-kicked to a messy death. I'm at the end of a 5-year long relationship (with a year or two of dating before that) that hasn't been good since about the first year; but at least a painful, complicated end is within sight. So I've got that going for me.

My career prospects are basically 1) Suicide and 2) Alcoholism, and I don't have the drive to do anything of my own. So, instead, I sit around and watch myself fall to pieces and my opportunities become smaller and fewer. Time waits for no man.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115674 on: April 04, 2019, 03:27:22 am »

29 years old is still far too young for any serious opportunities to close. People change careers, starting nearly from scratch, at much older than that. Your perceived idea of your opportunities dropping away by the day is most likely just an illusion brought upon by your depression and feelings of hopelessness.

All you have to do is keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. You want to set up your own apartment and end your relationship. You're still making progress on that goal. You reach it, you set another. You'll always to be able to find something, however trivial, to make better. The biggest achievements are just a series of small steps, after all. The key is just not to do this:

So, instead, I sit around and watch myself fall to pieces

... which is in fact not what you're doing right now, as you're still making progress towards your set goal. Realize that you're doing so and the load will feel lighter.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kiron123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115675 on: April 04, 2019, 04:09:33 am »

My dog pooped .... on my laptop...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115676 on: April 04, 2019, 05:08:00 am »

Kagus you have always strike me as a men of wits and intelligence, my grandfather only had second grade of school and he was a brilliant men. Taught me to read and basic math at the age of 4/5.

Your level of education doesnt have to be determinant by itself and you are still young. I know first hand of people that finally succeeded and achieved great goals by twice your age. You are even at time to study if you feel like it and have the option.

Edit: Also you live ina fucking rad country!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:25:45 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115677 on: April 04, 2019, 05:42:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:07:10 pm by dragdeler »
let

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115678 on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:56 am »

autists.
I'd really prefer you not use that term.... You get a pass in this instance because the guy actually does sound like he has autism, but in the future please avoid using it

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115679 on: April 04, 2019, 08:11:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:07:14 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7710 7711 [7712] 7713 7714 ... 8168