Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7709 7710 [7711] 7712 7713 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9514052 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115650 on: April 01, 2019, 12:30:42 am »

I suspect you both may be maintaining the relationship because it’s easier than breaking it off.

Well, yes. From what he stated, the only reason he's still in the relationship is because he doesn't have anywhere else to stay.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115651 on: April 01, 2019, 02:23:34 am »

I suspect you both may be maintaining the relationship because it’s easier than breaking it off.

Well, yes. From what he stated, the only reason he's still in the relationship is because he doesn't have anywhere else to stay.

Sure, but even having said that there's still some emotional component left. I do care about her, it's just... Being together isn't doing anyone any favors.

Still not looking forward to that conversation though, when its time comes. I just feel guilty about running around behind her back to arrange an escape plan, especially seeing as a couple people have indicated that the "correct" thing to do would be to officially break things off and then start apartment hunting from the comfort of her own home.

Thing is... I honestly don't know if she'd let me stay in her studio apartment with her if I broke it off. I also definitely don't trust myself to find and lock down an apartment in under two weeks, especially considering it's taken me close to two years at this point. Additionally, even if I was allowed to stay and even if I got things done in short order... I seriously doubt that those days would do either of us any good.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Still feel guilty though, because I have a notorious avoidance streak and there almost certainly is a touch of that subconsciously going into my reasoning.

What's really sad? The past couple days have actually been fairly alright. She's been cheerful and we've been getting along. Which makes me doubt, again, that I really gave this relationship "a proper chance" before deciding on my own that it was time to bring it to a close. I suppose that's why I'm five years into a relationship that's been varyingly unhappy for... About four years.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115652 on: April 01, 2019, 04:29:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:18 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115653 on: April 01, 2019, 04:41:01 am »

Well it ain't graduation, since nobody here is graduating this season. Or even in school. Might just be the weather, might just be her mood swings. Maybe it's Maybelline.

And reading these boards? Pfft. Even if she did take an interest in DF beyond "Why does it look like that? Why not just play The Sims?", forums just really are not her thing. She's got more than enough stuff to look at to care about whatever weirdness it is I'm doing. I gave her links to my old blog-threads back when we first lived together, and I think she read a few posts before going "that's neat" and leaving.

She did take a slight interest in my gaming for a while, several years back. She'd link me games that she thought looked like something I would play; based solely on how pixellated or abstract the graphics were.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115654 on: April 01, 2019, 05:15:46 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115655 on: April 01, 2019, 06:03:45 am »

I really don't know. I know he's kinda activating something called operation freedom and basically is everyone protests at the same time all around the country but the lack of power and internet makes hard coordinate anything.

I really don't know what's going on beyond the protest here and that a lot of people for arrested yesterday for protesting due the lack of power.

We have no much water and have resorted to making a single meal per day to stretch our food as long as we can. We are at the point of eating pasta or rice with salt and/or margarine and call it a day.

At least I secured a 18kg cooking gas cylinder before this second blackout, in theory that should last for months but isn't of much use without food anyway so we are using it to light up the nigths a little too.

Armed groups are making their way into residential complexes and houses to loot and take people away and what little I could see this same pro-maduro urban guerrilla called "collectivos" (yeah I live in a trope-filled videogame) dispersed protesters using gunfire in Caracas.

Peter asks me to put him blippi on the tv because, we'll he can't really understand what's going on, I'm grateful for that last part. I have a video downloaded from YouTube and he watch it on the phone when there's battery, which is every other day or so.

The queues for gasoline are kilometrical and there's no cash either so there's no way to buy anything. Batter is harder than ever.

We are thinking about trying to reach Colombia on foot, but this would mean carrying very little and leave the rest behind at God's mercy.

Twitter, youtube, facebook and heck even total war center seems to be blocked or down from here. This forums open dunno why and Google news feed kinda opens but only headlines,  I can't open any other links.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 06:10:20 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115656 on: April 01, 2019, 06:50:07 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115657 on: April 01, 2019, 07:04:57 am »

At this point I don't know what to belive. But it's hard to believe the sabotage tale.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115658 on: April 01, 2019, 07:09:56 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115659 on: April 01, 2019, 09:00:10 am »

Both my wife and my son are sick.

Not fun.

Take off and nuke the site from orbit.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115660 on: April 01, 2019, 02:39:49 pm »

No, as in the first time they said it was hacking... over a completely analog system. Then switched to electromagnetic drones with basically ufo propieties. This time it was a grenade, no, a sharpshooter...

It could be them trying to divide and paralyze us, despite what analysts say, this have served to take hope from us and actually people on the street are mad at Guaido for his lack of perceived action.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115661 on: April 01, 2019, 02:48:30 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:13 pm by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115662 on: April 01, 2019, 02:53:56 pm »

Both my wife and my son are sick.

Not fun.

Take off and nuke the site from orbit.
Turns out that so far I'm the lone survivor in our family - our daughter now also has the stomach bug, and the wife is still under the weather.  I'm nervously waiting the estimated 48-hour incubation period if we've correctly guessed Norovirus.  We're more than 48 hours from first symptoms in the house... but I'm still nervous any time I eat anything.

Gives rise to this thought: What's worse than being sick all weekend?  Being the only one in your family that isn't sick.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #115663 on: April 01, 2019, 04:44:19 pm »

If it is norovirus I guess there is nothing you can do but wait it out and maybe buy them some of those ORS solutions so they don't dehydrate. Stay strong dude, you are the only one holding down the fort.
In a time before time, I had a name.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115664 on: April 01, 2019, 05:44:41 pm »

One has to wonder where all the petrol is going... I doubt they closed the taps. Your country is so confusing.
Well is not much what we are producing,  and what little it is, is going to Cuba and Russia I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 7709 7710 [7711] 7712 7713 ... 8168