Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7708 7709 [7710] 7711 7712 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9514083 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115635 on: March 29, 2019, 08:12:10 pm »

Told my best friend/ex that we couldn't be friends anymore and have shut her out of my life.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115636 on: March 29, 2019, 08:18:07 pm »

Told my best friend/ex that we couldn't be friends anymore and have shut her out of my life.

I shall assume this is not the ending you would have chosen for this relationship, and therefore offer internet hugs. Life goes on, and it will for you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #115637 on: March 29, 2019, 08:20:47 pm »

I shall assume this is not the ending you would have chosen for this relationship, and therefore offer internet hugs. Life goes on, and it will for you.

Yeah, it will. It's at least taught me that life is much more complicated than I had previously realized. Good and bad come together I guess.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115638 on: March 30, 2019, 07:00:32 am »

That's life Naxza, stop fretting over something you have no control of. I mean, do make plans for a renewal of contract, but also make plans for a not renewal, which doesn't necessarily means going back. Home is were your hearth is, if you are in love with your kiwi gal, then home is there with her. If you love your work then home is wherever you'll find yourself working.

In my own sad yet again another nationwide blackout. I don't even now how I have data coverage right now. This is becoming really tiresome.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115639 on: March 30, 2019, 07:05:54 am »

My kitty seems to be doing a little better today.  When I stand her up, she can go several seconds before plopping over now, and is much more alert.  I am hoping she will get sufficiently better to be able to move around again.  As-is, I have to be the mean old physical therapist, and make her do stuff with those hind feet.  She hates it of course, but it is for her own good.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115640 on: March 30, 2019, 10:54:53 am »

I broke my mouse. Gotta figure out how to use the keyboard for everything. Again.

Until next time, Walmart.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115641 on: March 30, 2019, 11:48:32 am »

You can use the num bloc part of the keyboard as a mouse. Or at least it used to be that way on old windows.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115642 on: March 30, 2019, 11:54:47 am »

mouse keys is icky.  Just use the tab key combos.

(tab) moves selection to the right.
(shift+tab) moves selection to the left
(CTRL+tab) changes the currently focused window in an MDL application
(ALT+tab) changes between applications
(ALT+space) brings up the window control menu (so you can minimize, maximize, send to tray, etc..)

Unless you absolutely, positively must click on something, you don't need mouse keys.  Just tab until your hyperlink or whatev is highlighted, then press the spacebar or enter key. Easy peasy.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115643 on: March 30, 2019, 01:45:01 pm »

Both my wife and my son are sick.

Not fun.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115644 on: March 31, 2019, 04:21:31 am »

Thanks to overeager planning, I'm lined up to go to an apartment viewing later today. Since the GF is home on Sundays, this means I'll most likely have to just barefacedly lie about where I'm going. I don't like that.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #115645 on: March 31, 2019, 11:09:18 am »

Thanks to overeager planning, I'm lined up to go to an apartment viewing later today. Since the GF is home on Sundays, this means I'll most likely have to just barefacedly lie about where I'm going. I don't like that.

I don't know everything about the situation obviously, but unless you're the one showing people around, maybe take her with? Could be fun or at least a change of pace for both of you.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115646 on: March 31, 2019, 12:18:03 pm »

He's thinking about leaving I think, so it wouldn't be a smart choice.

I charged my phone in a car's battery. We are going really medieval. The power still doesn't come and gas is kinda running low.

Yet another bunch of people dying on hospitals that had their meager (if at all) generators burned out on the blackout earlier this month.

Basically we are being wiped out in what could be described as a passive genocide?

Amidst all this fun an aunt is supposedly to start dialysis. Nobody says it but she's just as good as death if the situation doesn't improves hard and fast.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #115647 on: March 31, 2019, 12:43:00 pm »

I visited the steam forum.

Hey, Guaidó is up to some stuff the start of the month now, what do you think Baal?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115648 on: March 31, 2019, 04:16:05 pm »

I don't know everything about the situation obviously, but unless you're the one showing people around, maybe take her with? Could be fun or at least a change of pace for both of you.

Yeah, nah, what Baal said. I'm trying to pin down a place to sleep before making the break with my girlfriend. Bringing her along for a 1-person apartment rental showing would be confusing, to say the least. Plus she wouldn't want to go, on account of it being spontaneous. She loathes surprises, unless it's exactly the surprise she was expecting.

Anyways, everything worked out better than expected. She doesn't keep close tabs on my main pub, so she figured I was just heading out for a pint. Despite the fact that I was heading out just before 5 PM, and the pub doesn't open up until 7. I didn't need to directly lie... Just an untruth by omission. As though that's better, somehow...

Then I got back shortly after 5, decided I could burn a little time and went over to see if they were setting up at the pub. Turns out there's a football game on today, so they've been open since 2. Managed to round the day out with a couple beers and some lovely chatting.

I, uh... I'm really looking forward to getting out of here. Getting out of this relationship.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115649 on: March 31, 2019, 09:42:27 pm »

I suspect you both may be maintaining the relationship because it’s easier than breaking it off.

While you may be feeling guilty about the clandestine nature of your preparations, you’re doing it to improve your mental health. Can you really say that being in the relationship is the best thing that either of you can be doing with yourselves?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7708 7709 [7710] 7711 7712 ... 8168