Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7687 7688 [7689] 7690 7691 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9519489 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115320 on: January 23, 2019, 04:47:45 pm »

Still recovering from a minor concussion. Body hurts cause my neck squished into my spine, head hurts, and feeling right useless at work today since I can’t lift anything

I also have a returning throat infection that never seems to go away fully ever since I got it the first time in rehab...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115321 on: January 23, 2019, 04:49:30 pm »

If I died right now I'd miss my wife and son, music, and daydreaming. That's pretty much it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115322 on: January 23, 2019, 04:53:34 pm »

If I died right now I'd miss my wife and son, music, and daydreaming. That's pretty much it.
You'd also cause immense trauma and immeasurable sadness and torment in your wife, son, friends, and extended family/acquaintances! Ain't it just special?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115323 on: January 23, 2019, 06:24:46 pm »

You'd also cause immense trauma and immeasurable sadness and torment in your wife, son, friends, and extended family/acquaintances! Ain't it just special?

Yeah, life is neat/awful like that. I'm not suicidal or anything, just depressed and immensely tired.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115324 on: January 23, 2019, 06:46:15 pm »

The prime of my life was spent hating myself and sabotaging every relationship I got close to having, and now it's all downhill from there.
As much as it pains me to try and be some saccharine voice of reassurance, I feel like you're really counting yourself out too soon here.
Old cunts can have fun, too. Finding some regular enjoyment in life isn't so much a matter of turning your life around and changing yourself as a person, necessarily, it can just mean getting a bit of luck and finding your niche somewhere.

I realise I have no idea how old you are. I feel pretty much the same way re: my prime.
* Yoink goes and checks.
...Dude, you're just two years older than me!? Get tae fuck with this "referring to your prime in the past tense" BS. Same goes to me, actually. That's just a self-defeating attitude and wholly detached from reality. Pfft.

You've got plenty of time to get your shit together whilst still being young enough to enjoy your nicely-compacted shit.
Not that I think age has a whole lot to do with that, anyway. I can think of numerous examples of comparatively old farts who get about kicking as much or more arse as a 20-something half their age.

Disclaimer: I basically just crawled outta bed and started typing this. Hopefully it makes sense. No guarantees there, especially with this bloody phone keyboard.
Basically, it was intended to be helpful and encouraging. Goodness knows how far I am from the mark.

I'm not suicidal or anything, just depressed and immensely tired.
*offers hugs and/or awkward manly shoulder pats*
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 06:47:59 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115325 on: January 23, 2019, 07:51:36 pm »

Hugs and awkward shoulder pats are always welcome. I just wish I wasn't tired. Like death seems nice cuz it's basically the longest nap ever.
He's fucking with us.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #115326 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:51 pm »

Someone I know is improving much faster than me as an artist, it seems. That's not what makes me sad, in particular; amongst other things, I'm pretty sure he's actually studying art. What makes me sad is that it does actually bother me. It shouldn't. It's such a petty thing.
Man i wish i couldn't say i can relate to this, but i can. It bothers me intensely that i feel like that, i don't want to be that kind of person. It even makes perfect sense why this other person is improving much faster than me, and it's great that they're doing that and enjoying it, but my subconscious arse goblin is like "this is a threat to you" and i hate that goblin. :C
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115327 on: January 23, 2019, 10:53:03 pm »

My life revolves around trading hours of existence for money, which we turn into shit and then dispose of. Two cats who somehow miss the giant-ass litter box we have and are my responsibility despite my wife wanting them. A toddler who seems to either have too much or too little fiber. A rented house with fixtures so bad that I have to plunge one of our toilets just about every day. The smell permeates my being.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115328 on: January 24, 2019, 01:43:53 pm »

Kind of upset at myself. I'd like to learn to be more artistic. Every time I even dip my toes in I get so sickened with myself I stop right away. I have pokemon paint on my 3DS, and that got to be too intimidating real quickly. Just getting over my self-hatred in this regard is maddening.

I got a free trial on Skillshare, just to try it out. The idea of self-improvement is nice, but when I'm at the door I freeze. Though I did open up a video, of Sketch Journaling. I tried to come into it with an open mind, but the slow simmer of toxicity within me soon reached a boil. The instructor, a beautiful young woman, objectively speaking I could tell she was giving an honest good effort, but all I could *feel* was "WOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO HAVE BEEN BORN SO FORTUNATE, SO BEAUTIFUL, SO UPPER CLASS, SO HAPPY! YOUR LIFE IS JUST SO SPOTLESS AND CLEAN AND PERFECT, IS THAT HOW YOU THINK THE WHOLE WORLD IS?! YEAH FLIP THROUGH YOUR PHONE TO SHOW US *EXACTLY* HOW WONDERFUL AND AMAZING YOUR LIFE IS! OH WOW WHAT A WONDERFUL SPOUSE AND FAMILY! WHAT A PERFECT LIFE THAT GOD HAS BEQUEATHED ONTO YOU!" ...

It's very spiteful and petty, I know. Envy is a sin for a reason, I know. What I'm trying to say is it is exactly this kind of inner toxicity that I feel keeps me from actually improving myself and unshackling the chains of my own self-sabotage and finding happiness in my own life.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:49:44 pm by JoshuaFH »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115329 on: January 24, 2019, 02:02:29 pm »

Kind of upset at myself. I'd like to learn to be more artistic. Every time I even dip my toes in I get so sickened with myself I stop right away. I have pokemon paint on my 3DS, and that got to be too intimidating real quickly. Just getting over my self-hatred in this regard is maddening.

I got a free trial on Skillshare, just to try it out. The idea of self-improvement is nice, but when I'm at the door I freeze. Though I did open up a video, of Sketch Journaling. I tried to come into it with an open mind, but the slow simmer of toxicity within me soon reached a boil. The instructor, a beautiful young woman, objectively speaking I could tell she was giving an honest good effort, but all I could *feel* was "WOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO HAVE BEEN BORN SO FORTUNATE, SO BEAUTIFUL, SO UPPER CLASS, SO HAPPY! YOUR LIFE IS JUST SO SPOTLESS AND CLEAN AND PERFECT, IS THAT HOW YOU THINK THE WHOLE WORLD IS?! YEAH FLIP THROUGH YOUR PHONE TO SHOW US *EXACTLY* HOW WONDERFUL AND AMAZING YOUR LIFE IS! OH WOW WHAT A WONDERFUL SPOUSE AND FAMILY! WHAT A PERFECT LIFE THAT GOD HAS BEQUEATHED ONTO YOU!" ...

It's very spiteful and petty, I know. Envy is a sin for a reason, I know. What I'm trying to say is it is exactly this kind of inner toxicity that I feel keeps me from actually improving myself and unshackling the chains of my own self-sabotage and finding happiness in my own life.

Creativity is a good way to get those feelings out of your system! i'm a big boring bitch so I like to write more, but I can tell you that getting that toxicity out onto paper whenever I feel it is 100% better than letting it eventually blow up in my face. Is it drawing in particular you want to get better at, or just art in general?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115330 on: January 24, 2019, 02:26:48 pm »

Yeah, I'd like to draw. I don't know why, it just seems like the more visceral kind of art to encapsulate what I'm feeling... and it feels impossible. That perhaps sums up my pessimistic view on life, instead of "Drawing feels impossible" it can be easily summed as "Living my life feels impossible." even though, realistically, I know it isn't impossible and I shouldn't act like it.

BTW my therapist quit her job, so there's that.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115331 on: January 24, 2019, 02:28:46 pm »

Draw badly and hate it and pour that hate into the next drawing. Eventually you'll either improve or create a physical representation of pure hate. Which is still art!
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115332 on: January 24, 2019, 03:16:56 pm »

Draw badly and hate it and pour that hate into the next drawing. Eventually you'll either improve or create a physical representation of pure hate. Which is still art!
Hell yeah!
And if you're not satisfied with one drawing, smear ink or paint over it until you can either turn it into something else or go full Pollock.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115333 on: January 24, 2019, 03:27:07 pm »

I hear that the difference between bad sketchers and good sketchers is that the good sketchers spend more time on the sketch.

They both start off with shitty line drawings, but the good'uns then spend the next few hours/days touching up the fucky bits until it looks nicer.

BTW my therapist quit her job, so there's that.
That'd be pretty funny if it wasn't horrible. Did she at least give a recommendation/referral to another professional?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #115334 on: January 24, 2019, 04:11:47 pm »

Can confirm the time bit even if i'm not that great an artist yet. Although my baseline sketch quality has improved, i still need to do a lot of finagling to fix the fucky bits, and those fucky bits can really come as a shock when you think like "oh this is looking okay" and then mirror it and see that half the drawing is lopsided like some dumb potato ogre. This would be okay if i were actually drawing a dumb potato ogre, but usually i'm not. :C
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 7687 7688 [7689] 7690 7691 ... 8168