Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7682 7683 [7684] 7685 7686 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9520626 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115245 on: January 05, 2019, 04:10:21 pm »

Speaking of, I should really get to finishing that Hellsign LP...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115246 on: January 06, 2019, 06:29:10 am »

So, she didnt ghost me after all but she cancelled our date (again). I have the feeling this is not going forward :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115247 on: January 06, 2019, 07:04:36 am »

Just got back from walking the dogs. Had to take a portion of the route a little faster so that I could turn a corner before they caught sight of another dog that was being walked, because any sort of dog-on-dog interaction with these two unsocialized twits will inevitably go poorly.

Then, right as we're on the final stretch back into the building, I see that we're going head-on towards the same dog again. I try and reposition the pooches behind a hedge, but they've already spotted the other dog. Curiously though, they didn't start barking... The eldest (and very much the leader in most social situations) actually started making happy excited noises and was acting as though he'd seen an old friend.

It's happened before where a dog will for whatever bizarre reason actually be accepted by them, and I want to encourage as many positive responses as possible, so I moved a little closer and made supportive noises to push home that this was a good experience.

He seemed really into it, and the youngest followed suit and also adopted a "happy to see you again" posture and started wagging. The other owner looked like she was open for the dogs to meet, and her pooch was also looking very happy with the whole affair.

So we get over there, the eldest is looking a little confused (what with not actually knowing the dog he was apparently glad to recognize) but still happy because that's just how the whole thing was going, innit?

They got within sniffing distance, the eldest let out one small growl and then immediately went for the other dog's throat.

Luckily there was no damage done, there was a significant size difference and the other dog had a coat of spongy curls that probably helped prevent anything from happening, but that was still absolutely fucking unacceptable. I tried to reprimand the eldest and get him under control, but then the youngest followed his signals and started yapping his head off incessantly. Between two dogs, leashes, and a bag of poop, it was difficult to get things under control.

I'm kind of ashamed that I even considered that this might have ended differently. I should know by now that there's no hope for a good dog-related experience with them, but I still feel a bit tricked.

To make matters worse, when we were inside the building afterwards all the angry energy went over to happy energy at being back inside again, and he started running around and lunging at his leash in excitement. I was in a righteously foul mood from the experience outside, and ended up correcting him too harshly causing him to flop backwards and slam into the floor. He limped slightly for a few steps towards our door, which made me feel pretty sick with myself.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115248 on: January 06, 2019, 05:50:03 pm »

Not half an hour into my first day back at work and Dire Straits is playing on the radio.
Kill me now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115249 on: January 06, 2019, 05:59:49 pm »

So, she didnt ghost me after all but she cancelled our date (again). I have the feeling this is not going forward :(
:(
Did she say why she cancelled?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115250 on: January 06, 2019, 06:35:11 pm »

She made other arrangements for that weekend. But I've been sidelined twice in a row now.

The way I see it, she's either avoiding me, or placing me very low on her list of priorities, and thus asking for a third date would make me either a stalker, or a lapdog, or both. 

So I just replied politely and callded it a day, not proposing any further meetups at present. The way I see it, if she wants to meet me, she knows my number.
And if she doesn't... well, then she doesn't, and that's it, but nothing I say or do will change that. Quite the contrary I think.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:37:52 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115251 on: January 06, 2019, 07:09:08 pm »

I was trying to continue programming a game on game maker and for some reason it has stopped working on my PC.

EDIT: Also, my wife suggested for me to get a hobby to lay off pressure, even if that involves money. I would like to play Starcraft Remastered but I don't really know how my toaster will handle it, and also looking into it I can't pay for it with paypal even if I wanted to.

Game maker related it seems some libraries got corrupted and the hard disk might be failing despite what Crystal Disk says. Reinstalling everything.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:03:49 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115252 on: January 07, 2019, 05:23:18 pm »

better run chkdsk /r /f just to be sure.

Sure, it will take FOREVER, but one can never be too careful with an old spinny disk.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115253 on: January 07, 2019, 06:50:44 pm »

I was trying to continue programming a game on game maker and for some reason it has stopped working on my PC.

EDIT: Also, my wife suggested for me to get a hobby to lay off pressure, even if that involves money. I would like to play Starcraft Remastered but I don't really know how my toaster will handle it, and also looking into it I can't pay for it with paypal even if I wanted to.

Game maker related it seems some libraries got corrupted and the hard disk might be failing despite what Crystal Disk says. Reinstalling everything.

What is this game maker? Link please :[]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115254 on: January 07, 2019, 07:33:26 pm »

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115255 on: January 07, 2019, 07:46:53 pm »

Did such a good job of pretending to be sick that now I actually am sick.
* Yoink facepalms.

Maybe I should become an actor. Who plays exclusively sick people.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115256 on: January 07, 2019, 08:19:26 pm »

What is this game maker? Link please :[]

It's literally called Game Maker.

Oh wow, I think I played with the progenitor of this like, a decade ago.

I might get this, thanks for the heads up.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #115257 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:00 am »

So today i got a dreadful side effect of the meds i've been on, and recently increased dosage of: Panic attacks. Yes, plural. I had 3 within a span of 1.5 hours, and could have had more if my parents weren't around to help me calm down. Every one of them was worse than any other panic attack i've had before today, and would thus have redefined a 10 on the scale and shunted the others about 2 steps down. Today also happens to be the one day where i had to go to an exam, so i had to call in sick for that, because i was crippled. Could of course only call in sick after i had calmed down somewhat, i could barely speak (much less coherently) during the attacks. Bad timing to have a bad time. At least i'm feeling okay now, but i'm definitely gonna step down from those meds.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115258 on: January 08, 2019, 11:46:51 am »

Why did they have to have a question on different types of fucking genetic sequencing?

Not to be that guy, but it has become vastly more important as genomics' statistical underpinnings have adapted to the varying error rates across next-gen sequencing methods. It's also fiddly and easy to look up, which is why I never asked about them outside of homework back when I still wrote exams.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115259 on: January 08, 2019, 11:56:37 am »

Well, are they still asking about Sanger sequencing, or is it all pyrosequencing/nanopore/Illumina now?
Pages: 1 ... 7682 7683 [7684] 7685 7686 ... 8168