Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7678 7679 [7680] 7681 7682 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9521570 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115185 on: December 28, 2018, 05:32:06 pm »

Also I recall an article about the fighting in Ukraine or Georgia, basically those who could leave did and those who couldn't just drank more and joked less.
And thus, Eastern Europe was born!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115186 on: December 28, 2018, 09:27:26 pm »

Nice, Baal. Our sons are almost the same age. My son is 1 1/2 years.
In fact not only that, but I remember you once saying which weird assortment of tabs were open on your browser and me stating you might be my more evil twin. Then you uploading a pic of yourself and I think we even look alike from certain angles and the right lights. Or well at least when I was fatter than now.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #115187 on: December 28, 2018, 09:53:08 pm »

Why the HFS, PythonAnywhere, do you not bother actually, you know, telling wtf your "the file has been modified on disk" dialog box means? I hit 'save', you know, the safe-sounding option, and I HAVE NOW LOST THE ENTIRETY OF THE FUNCTIONALITY THAT I HAD JUST FKNG FIXED AFTER TWO DAYS OF ATTEMPTS.

Which I must now rewrite from scratch. Ha, I said that like I have any chance of remembering how the thing worked. I am so funny.

Fuck.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:57:07 pm by Eschar »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115188 on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:12 am »

Nice, Baal. Our sons are almost the same age. My son is 1 1/2 years.
In fact not only that, but I remember you once saying which weird assortment of tabs were open on your browser and me stating you might be my more evil twin. Then you uploading a pic of yourself and I think we even look alike from certain angles and the right lights. Or well at least when I was fatter than now.

"More evil twin" I like that. Very amusing for some reason.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115189 on: December 29, 2018, 10:59:06 am »

Double post.

I went from 'great mood' to 'suicidal ideation/depressed' in three minutes. Fuck.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115190 on: December 29, 2018, 02:41:57 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:22:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115191 on: December 29, 2018, 05:50:14 pm »

Double post.

I went from 'great mood' to 'suicidal ideation/depressed' in three minutes. Fuck.

...Damn. Was there a trigger or did your brain just decide to tell you to go fuck yourself?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115192 on: December 29, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »

Double post.

...Damn. Was there a trigger or did your brain just decide to tell you to go fuck yourself?

No trigger afaik. Just mood whiplash.
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115193 on: December 30, 2018, 07:08:41 pm »

I get that. I've suddenly become very depressed over the last few days, after almost several months straight of no such issues. No reason for it, just is. Oh well.

Also, why are my family members so incredibly dense. All I want is to explain that my problems with them come from the fact that they don't listen to me, and they don't listen to me telling them they don't listen to me. And I am incredibly sad that my beloved little sister appears to be taking after my mother in this respect. I don't know how to snap her out of it either. She tries to make it about depression, about past incidents, about definitions, about semantics, about how rude I am, (my mother does the same things, except also adds in "how dare you speak to me like that", "how dare you question me", or if I've really argued well, "It doesn't matter, my house my rules"), anything other than addressing what I say other than to nitpick. But then she goes and wonders why I push them away! I don't do it to hurt them, I do it for my own mental health!

I just want my sister back. :'( I really do think that she just really wants to believe our mother changed, when in reality the only thing that changed was there were fewer reasons for our mother to be abusive; she's still the same person as ever. But I can't make her understand.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:11:12 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115194 on: December 31, 2018, 05:38:43 am »

I've got a touch of that... A fair amount of my family wonders (and complains to the rest of the family behind my back) why I never spend any time with them, when spending time with them entails getting ridiculed at every turn, being grilled on why I am the way I am (which I've answered, but the answer wasn't what they were looking for so it doesn't count), being grilled on why I'm not taking their excellent advice on how to stop being that way, and as always being asked not only why I don't have a job and don't spend every waking moment looking for one, but also why I'm not doing everything in my power to grab the career recommendations that they suggest for me (there's no actual offer here, either of help in getting to that goal {besides some classic words of wisdom} or in terms of concrete openings... They just say "you should be X", and then get personally insulted the next time we meet and I'm not already a petroleum engineer or corporate lawyer). On top of that I get to listen to them bitch about everyone else in their lives, including each other.

Family, eh? "Blood runs thicker than water, which is why too much of it will clog the drains".

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115195 on: December 31, 2018, 05:45:59 am »

Family, eh? "Blood runs thicker than water, which is why too much of it will clog the drains".

Will very large quantities of blood actually clog a drain? Asking for a friend.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115196 on: December 31, 2018, 07:07:21 am »

And plumbers hate slaughter, 'cause it fucks up the drains...

Basically, no not really... Clotted/dried blood will fuck up a drain fairly well, and if you're pushing a lot of it down a standard drain you'll need to flush it with something so it doesn't do exactly that, but you can happily exsanguinate an entire family down a standard shower drain without too much issue. It's the systematic butchering of an entire neighborhood, with several hours gap between each bloodletting, that will clog up the system.

"Chunky" style farm fresh menstrual blood can also cause problems, but that's more from the giblets than the sauce. And you'd still need a lot of it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115197 on: December 31, 2018, 08:54:54 am »

And plumbers hate slaughter, 'cause it fucks up the drains...

Basically, no not really... Clotted/dried blood will fuck up a drain fairly well, and if you're pushing a lot of it down a standard drain you'll need to flush it with something so it doesn't do exactly that, but you can happily exsanguinate an entire family down a standard shower drain without too much issue. It's the systematic butchering of an entire neighborhood, with several hours gap between each bloodletting, that will clog up the system.

"Chunky" style farm fresh menstrual blood can also cause problems, but that's more from the giblets than the sauce. And you'd still need a lot of it.

Bay12: We know it was probably a joke, but we have a good answer for exactly how much blood it will take to damage your plumbing.
He's fucking with us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115198 on: December 31, 2018, 03:57:16 pm »

I both love this quote and hate you immensely for it.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115199 on: January 01, 2019, 04:32:36 am »

I love this community, there is always somebody ready to go full on mad scientist at the drop of a hat.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?
Pages: 1 ... 7678 7679 [7680] 7681 7682 ... 8168