Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7675 7676 [7677] 7678 7679 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9521957 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115140 on: December 23, 2018, 11:11:03 am »

Just to be sure, you are making a fresh install right?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115141 on: December 23, 2018, 02:37:30 pm »

Apparently I'm meant to go into my "volunteer work" (read: indentured servitude as punishment for being unemployable) today, despite it being Christmas Eve or some shit. Now, I guess the store I work at might be open today to cater to morons doing last-minute Christmas shopping, but considering the company as a whole is all Jesus-y I wouldn't have expected them to be open this week at all.
I certainly don't remember having to work during the week of Christmas when I did this shit last year...

The annoying part? The company doesn't seem to have their Christmas opening hours listed online anywhere. The closest I came was their normal hours on Google Maps with a li'l note saying 'Christmas Eve might affect these hours'. Helpful. If I get there and they're closed... well honestly that would be pretty much the ultimate Christmas present*, but I'd still be annoyed at having to travel so far so early in the morning to unwrap it.
Plus, now that I've tried and failed to find their hours I've got my hopes up, and the disappointment when they turn out to be open will be absolutely crushing.
* ultimate Christmas present - Short of someone, like, shooting me in the head. Or handing me enough drugs to escape for a while at least.   

Edit: argh, I have some cold-type-shit fukken me up this morning as well. Nose is blocked and my breathing is being all stupid. Lame.   
I always get just sick enough to hate existence even more than I did already, but not quite enough to get a day off work (although, bizarrely, in this program even if you are sick you're required to get a certificate to say so... which, unless you're rich af, generally means a trek to the nearest medical clinic. Catch-22 much?).   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:40:22 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115142 on: December 23, 2018, 08:25:43 pm »

I've had my fill of anxieties over the last few years (particularly around holiday times) but I can't remember the last time I was really sad.  Or actually angry.  I guess I remember the last time I was really terrified, just over a year ago-

Nothing's felt real enough to actually get super excited about.  I felt *feelings* by playing L4D2 with my housemate last night, at his request.  And it was just nostalgia.  I've been... lifeless.  I've gotten used to it.  I try to get angry, get motivated, even get sad and I just keep going on.
Makes me a great listener, apparently.

Understand that I'm not at all saying the following video is a masterful work of art, or that it will evoke feelings in others that it did in me.  I'd watched it before (probably even shared it) and I remembered the effect it had on me, vaguely.  Enough to avoid watching it again...  Until now, I guess, sitting here feeling angsty about the holidays.

I hate it.  It reminds me of when I felt lonely, and of so long ago when I felt... the opposite of that.
And I broke down sobbing in the middle, I haven't tasted tears in so long.  What the fuck.
Here have some animu BS
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115143 on: December 23, 2018, 09:46:27 pm »

I getcha Rolan. I haven't cried in at least a year.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115144 on: December 23, 2018, 10:02:45 pm »

Hit this crab (right in the feels) for massive damage.
TWICE.  Including a second round of open actual sobbing.

I'm... observing the act, trying to understand it.  Analytically.  I might cry again if I rewatched it.
But every use wears away that bit of self I still have, that precious core of identity that remains.
Every time I feel, I lose feeling.

PS:  I was not drunk when I reacted to the music video initially.
I'm drunk and sad now, but screw off, I've got a few days of family social to fake through.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:05:41 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115145 on: December 24, 2018, 04:12:40 am »

This video has much the same effect on me. I cry every time I watch it, and otherwise I simply don't cry at all.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115146 on: December 24, 2018, 07:14:08 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBobmn_u98w

Taiwanese commercial mastered the art of heartstring tugging.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #115147 on: December 24, 2018, 07:18:33 am »

Man, it's the deaf mute dad one. Every sad Taiwanese/Thai commercial seems to involve a father figure of some sort.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115148 on: December 24, 2018, 07:20:41 am »

The climax of V for Vendetta gets me. I watch it every November 5th
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115149 on: December 24, 2018, 07:41:44 am »

The third track of Bell Witch's second album always gets me, if we're talkin' 'bout things what get yon waterworks a-flowin'.   

I don't have any actual Sads right now that I can think of. Apart from this headache, perhaps. Not sure if it was brought on by mild sunstroke and/or dehydration, tiredness, a micro-hangover, or what.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115150 on: December 24, 2018, 10:48:00 am »

What the fuck? How is this allowed to be on air? I thought I was going to be able to resist crying, but now i'm weeping and sniffling (and typing).

I realised after watching Kiwi (after posting it here) that it no longer makes me cry, so still only one thing on youtube that moistens my stony tearducts.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115151 on: December 24, 2018, 12:10:10 pm »

That girl is a right bitch.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115152 on: December 24, 2018, 01:11:20 pm »

What the fuck? How is this allowed to be on air? I thought I was going to be able to resist crying, but now i'm weeping and sniffling (and typing).

I realised after watching Kiwi (after posting it here) that it no longer makes me cry, so still only one thing on youtube that moistens my stony tearducts.
1: I dont find someone being deaf as something specially remarkable so I found the whole thing forced  (as in being bullied for having a deaf parent or suiciding over it)
2: the deaf thing was supposed to be a reveal but to me it was obvious that he was doing sign language from.minute 1
3: parents arent necessarily compatible with children bloodwise
4: even if they are transfusions between close relatives are generally avoided3
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:18:41 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115153 on: December 24, 2018, 01:13:34 pm »

Why not? Surely if it's the same blood type it shouldn't matter?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115154 on: December 24, 2018, 01:19:54 pm »

Why not? Surely if it's the same blood type it shouldn't matter?

Although it's an uncommon complication, the risk of transfusion induced gvhd is regarded as higher if its done between family members. So it's avoided in general because if it does happen its highly lethal
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:21:32 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7675 7676 [7677] 7678 7679 ... 8168