Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7660 7661 [7662] 7663 7664 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9523609 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114915 on: November 30, 2018, 01:50:46 am »

Wow, what a fucked up day. ...Not in the sense that anything particularly terrible happened, more just that it was long, wearisome and miserable in the extreme. At least now I am home and have acquired a fairly large amount of hard cider in which to try and drown my sorrows.

That sounds pretty rough, Rolan, jeez. At least it sounds like he's taking it well!
I don't really know much about the actual, physical affects of pneumonia, come to think of it.

A colleague of has died. They were an excellent person.
Sorry to hear that.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mrkilla22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114916 on: November 30, 2018, 05:05:19 pm »

A little alcohol after a hard day of work is required sometimes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114917 on: November 30, 2018, 05:36:35 pm »

Yoink requires alcohol to get through a working day.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114918 on: November 30, 2018, 08:45:14 pm »

It's the pirate genes.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114919 on: November 30, 2018, 11:37:23 pm »

It's the pirate-dwarf genes.
FTFY
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114920 on: November 30, 2018, 11:42:29 pm »

What's this about my jeans?!

Ain't that the truth. If only more workplaces were okay with a bit of a tipple throughout the day, my employment prospects would be far less bleak.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #114921 on: December 01, 2018, 01:17:58 am »

My sick dog is being more and more sore. I wish it would come naturally, I don't want to think about the alternative.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114922 on: December 02, 2018, 10:01:48 pm »

Neighbour's not well, heavily ill with the infection causing delirium. Got a call from a third panicked neighbour requesting help, finally getting to sleep at 3:00AM. Having a good conversation with someone she knew well and could tell loads of jokes with seemed to help her regain her wits, and after an hour & 40 minutes managed to convince her calling a doctor wouldn't be a bad idea. Exhausted, but great success, she's now well-hydrated, sleeping and carers will arrive in the morning, doctors later. However, there is a line of people who should be helping her before her neighbours. I am most sad because I know why there isn't

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114923 on: December 03, 2018, 11:41:51 pm »

So I'm worried something is wrong with the transmission of my car. I'm stopped at a red light, and it turns green, and my car can't pick up to first gear so I'm trapped idling through the intersection at 2mph. It takes maybe a solid minute or more of idling down the road revving my car before my automatic finally decides to shift into first and I'm take off like normal.

Just another thing to throw into my worries pile. I'll have it looked at tomorrow if I can... it's just such bullshit. A new transmission at this point would mean I would have to dump more money into repairing the car then I did to buy it in the first place, and at that point I might as well buy a new car, and at that point I might as well just quit my job because at that point I'm just working to repair my transportation to work, in order to work, in order to repair my transportation, repeat ad infinitum.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114924 on: December 03, 2018, 11:46:25 pm »

Do you routinely go to the same gas station? I've seen something like that happen with bad gas a time or two. Also seen it with worn-out spark plugs once, IIRC.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114925 on: December 04, 2018, 06:29:25 am »

Exactly, it doesn't have to be the transmission, it could be engine, which could be far worst in fact, or far easier and cheaper. When this happened you watched your RPM? Did they went up or stayed down? Did you heard the engine working normal? Any weird vibrations? I could be bad gas, the gas filter, gas pump, a bad spark plug, a loose cable on the battery or the spark plug.... And then could be simply a sensor on your transmission. If your engine working fine when the car is not moving?

As an advice, when you turn your car key to start leave it on the ON position for a few seconds, that's it, don't turn it all the way at once, instead move it to the last position before the one that actually starts the car. You might hear a low pitch noise, might be a whine or a whistle-like sound, wait for it to stop and then turn on the car. That's to allow the gasoline pump stack to proper fill up before start working, this little thing, which might seem non-important is actually very vital to the life of the gas pump and hence the whole car itself (not going anywhere without gas on the engine anyway).

That's why I like to drive a stick far better, I know it's more uncomfortable and less efficient, but you have far more control over the vehicle.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:35:06 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114926 on: December 04, 2018, 07:43:06 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:16:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114927 on: December 04, 2018, 02:27:41 pm »

So, I think about death constantly. It's probably unhealthy but I've kinda made peace with death, but dying concerns me. Odd distinction.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114928 on: December 04, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »

People been dying around me since I was 4. I ain't worried. Gonna happen to everyone.

But i do want to make sure my loved ones are taken care of before I go. That matters to me wayyyy more than the concept of not being here anymore.

At any rate, I am sad because my car's oil light came on while I was on the highway and then it tried to sieze up. Made it to shop tho.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114929 on: December 04, 2018, 07:42:01 pm »

More articles about new ways media companies are trying to insert advertisements into our lives.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 7660 7661 [7662] 7663 7664 ... 8169