Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7648 7649 [7650] 7651 7652 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9524202 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114735 on: November 14, 2018, 07:06:13 am »

Oh neat, double post.

Honestly, today started off reasonably well. I slept a little poorly thanks to some wax blockage in one ear and a bit of yesterday's sore throat, and I woke up to a message from my girlfriend that the power had gone out, but things powered back on shortly afterwards and I made a couple sandwiches for breakfast. Even watched an episode of The X-Files while eating, which put me at just the right time to take the dogs out for a walk if we were to run into the kids at the local school (I'd been avoiding this for a couple days and felt a bit bad).

Then while out on the walk, the doggies got to put on their best "uncontrollable rabid dickshits" impressions, right in front of all the kids, when another pair of dogs dared to exist on the same street. We actually made the other dogowners take a detour because these little mad rat fucks were being so goddamned aggressive. I aborted the meet 'n' greet and dragged the dogs away so we'd stop being an impediment to well-behaved animals.

Got back to the apartment in good time for me to head off to Fountain House, which I've also been sorely neglecting. It'd be a bit tricky to do that and do my weekly time down at the pub (which I didn't do yesterday because I wasn't feeling too well, and didn't do the day before because I thought I might need it a bit more on Tuesday), but with some gumption I should be able to pull it off.

...but it's never quite that easy to go to the House. I needed to work myself up first. I wasn't doing too well on that front. So I sat on the edge of the bed and stared at the floor for a few minutes. Then I hit myself a few times.

Eventually I managed to get myself up and went to the bathroom. A quick drizzle before heading out the door, that'll do it. The dogs even hopped into the kennel on their own, ready to be secured for my leaving the apartment.

When I locked up and started weeping into the toilet, I understood that I wasn't going anywhere today. Damn it all.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114736 on: November 14, 2018, 08:18:50 am »

And then you have the sims, where they cut out content from the last game and release it as less featured dlc in the next, for high cost
I mean, one thing was removing expansion pack content so they could re-add it in another expansion, but removing the color wheel? Removing terrain manipulation? Removing toddlers?

And the community just laps it up like it's fine. The only way this is going to end is when The Sims 5 comes out and doesn't include money cheats.

The community didn't just lap it up. Sims 4 was a huge flop. Sold about half the total number of copies compared to Sims 3, and less than any other core Sims game.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:27:47 am by Reelya »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114737 on: November 14, 2018, 08:43:01 am »

The community didn't just lap it up. Sims 4 was a huge flop. Sold about half the total number of copies compared to Sims 3, and less than any other core Sims game.
Can confirm, the community utterly loathes EA and the trend of the series in a way that you cannot possibly imagine. I would be prepared to claim that they hate EA more than any other gaming community touched by EA that I've seen.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114738 on: November 14, 2018, 08:50:31 am »

And yet several of the major streamers/reviewers/content makers and pillars of the fandom still sing 4's praises. Or at least every one that gets airtime in this apartment, but my GF might just have an obsession with confirmation bias.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114739 on: November 14, 2018, 09:17:09 am »

Something on the back of my neck popped. Now my shirt is covered in blood and goo.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114740 on: November 14, 2018, 09:19:16 am »

Something on the back of my neck popped. Now my shirt is covered in blood and goo.

Oh no... it escaped...

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114741 on: November 14, 2018, 09:20:31 am »

Oh no... it escaped...
What escaped? I don't think anything escaped. Continue on your daily schedule and do not check the back of your neck.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114742 on: November 14, 2018, 09:23:57 am »

Oh no... it escaped...
What escaped? I don't think anything escaped. Continue on your daily schedule and do not check the back of your neck.
Government-implanted parasites of extraterrestiral origin in your neck? That, citizen, is naught but a ploy by the perfidious Nigerian Princes to get your bank account number. Keep calm and carry on.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114743 on: November 14, 2018, 10:29:17 am »

What did it taste like?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114744 on: November 14, 2018, 07:23:13 pm »

What did it taste like?
A bit like pus an goo, only more bloody. And with parasites.
So, you know, like chocolate.

I just happen to know this, and not because of the shared sensory input of the parasitic hivemind.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114745 on: November 15, 2018, 01:33:47 pm »

Still no phone/internet at home. Limited time here, when it's actually up. This month+ without internet has thoroughly demonstrated that life without it is pretty fucking miserable in comparison.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114746 on: November 15, 2018, 03:46:25 pm »

I was taught how to kill a Chicken with as little pain as possible on behalf of the chicken when I was 13. They did a live demonstration, then continued until the box of chickens was empty, before giving us the meat to use to make dinner. I wanted to take one of the chicken heads as a souvenier, but no-one would let me take it into the shelter for the night. The Shelter was pretty shit, given that it only had three walls, but it was gone in the mkrning, so that was that.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114747 on: November 15, 2018, 04:38:52 pm »

We did that to living mice.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114748 on: November 15, 2018, 04:40:33 pm »

And then you get one that recently had a nice big meal and end up rupturing its intestines, causing mostly-digested filth to ooze out over everything.

Hey, anybody else feel like grabbing a Sloppy Joe afterwards?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114749 on: November 15, 2018, 04:52:18 pm »

Aha biology class, good times
Pages: 1 ... 7648 7649 [7650] 7651 7652 ... 8169