Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7622 7623 [7624] 7625 7626 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528660 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114345 on: September 27, 2018, 08:58:38 am »

I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114346 on: September 28, 2018, 01:11:41 am »

Something is wrong with my cat today. There's been these moments where he will suddenly break out in prolonged meowing, punctuated by panting (which I've never seen him do otherwise). He also continues meowing even when I pet him (which is also unusual for him; he usually immediately stops meowing of any sort when being petted), and the meow itself is unlike his ordinary meow (It's... I'm not sure how to describe it. It's unlike his ordinary vocalizations: he's never made sounds like his even when something was wrong and he was meowing for help). It sounds... injured. I can't describe why it sounds that way, more... organic? Like a belly meow (if that's even a thing) Actually, it sounded a lot like a human's impression of a meow. He sounded scared, or hurt. Finally, he didn't react when I touched him at all: he was just sitting on his tummy, meowing.

And than it stopped after a few seconds. It's happened a few times this evening though, the longest was for about 15 seconds. And the really strange thing is, once it stopped, he immediately went back to acting normally, and even meowing normally. If it hadn't been for that I would have thought it was something wrong with his vocal cords or that he hurt himself somehow, but he's really back to himself when its over. I have this vague sense that it could be psychological... my mother noticed when he did it in front of her, and since she hadn't seen it before (and she lives with him, and I do not) that means it must have started today or yesterday. Do cats get panic attacks? Maybe its seperation anxiety? Or maybe it's waves of pain from some tummy issue, or I don't know.

I've been worried about my cat on-and-off for a while now, but it's usually been a matter of loneliness and cleaning his litter box. I hope he's not in pain.  :'(
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114347 on: September 28, 2018, 01:14:01 am »

My grandmother's cat acted like that and it turned out to be a heart murmur from old age. How old is your cat?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114348 on: September 28, 2018, 01:35:42 am »

https://www.news.com.au/national/courts-law/female-indigenous-activist-knees-cop-in-testicles-in-her-third-police-assault/news-story/b9f55bf1bf19d0731fc5db6547f5db97

GLAMOROUS young Aboriginal woman Leilani Clarke has been convicted of her third police assault after she kneed an officer in the testicles after stealing a chicken curry from a 7-Eleven.

As she did during her last assault, 20-year-old Clarke called police officers “white dogs”.

She's got shit for brains if she thinks this behavior is somehow striking a blow for black rights and feminism. She just hides behind those causes as an excuse to be an asshole to everyone. Shoplifting is the last thing you want to be doing if you're trying to set yourself up as an activist for black rights. That just makes the rest of them look bad and is cringeworthy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:50:24 am by Reelya »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114349 on: September 28, 2018, 01:56:26 am »

My grandmother's cat acted like that and it turned out to be a heart murmur from old age. How old is your cat?
17 turning 18. He is a very old cat, but one who is generally in remarkably good health despite that.

Heart murmur eh? Hmm. I'll look into it.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114350 on: September 28, 2018, 03:54:26 am »

My cat is... I think 19 now. Been meowing exactly as you described about a year ago daily. Then stopped after 6 months.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114351 on: September 28, 2018, 04:55:01 am »

Hope your cat's alright, Misko.

For some reason, I've been hit with absolutely crushing anxiety for the last few days. I don't even have any deadline coming up or anything, I'll just be sitting working and suddenly bam, edge of a panic attack. It's got to the point where my hands are shaking, I'm nauseous, and way too close to the verge of tears for just sitting in a lab revising.
*entirely non-threatening internet hugz*   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114352 on: September 28, 2018, 07:13:48 pm »

I don't think my cat's alright. He was lying on the far side of the room all day. When I came over and called to him, he came over (a few feet)... but started meowing in pain again, and now is just lying on his side next to my chair, staring off into the distance, occasionally panting or less occasionally meowing. He also appears to have urinated on himself, which is a first.

We (by which I mean myself and the cat) are going to see a vet tomorrow. I just hope, I wish, that i could make sure he'd be ok until then. I myself am barely keeping my composure here (I was in tears earlier)... I just wish I knew what I could do to help! Isn't petting him helping, or hurting? Does he need help with food? I brought his food and water bowl, is that good? I have awful fear that something horrible will happen that I could have prevented if only I knew what to do.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114353 on: September 28, 2018, 07:16:33 pm »

Til you see a vet, all you can do is make sure he knows you love him, which you are already doing. I wish there was more, mate, I truly do.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114354 on: September 28, 2018, 09:11:46 pm »

I'm watching War Machine with Brad Pitt and... His relationship with his wife in this movie is painfully familiar to me. I'm an anhedonistic, closed down, fucked up motherfucker with an amazing, understanding, perfect wife that I uh. Frankly treat like shit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114355 on: September 28, 2018, 10:34:12 pm »

Project that I've been managing for three months now hit yet another snag and delay. The project could literally be summed up as "We have Box A and Box B, with a cable in between them. We want to put Box C in the middle and run two cables to link them all up."

This has taken THREE MONTHS, and we're still not there yet.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114356 on: September 28, 2018, 10:44:33 pm »

Til you see a vet, all you can do is make sure he knows you love him, which you are already doing. I wish there was more, mate, I truly do.
This.
Hang in there Misko's cat, and Misko.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114357 on: September 29, 2018, 12:52:01 am »

Project that I've been managing for three months now hit yet another snag and delay. The project could literally be summed up as "We have Box A and Box B, with a cable in between them. We want to put Box C in the middle and run two cables to link them all up."

This has taken THREE MONTHS, and we're still not there yet.

*sympathy crying*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114358 on: September 29, 2018, 01:36:32 am »

I'm watching War Machine with Brad Pitt and... His relationship with his wife in this movie is painfully familiar to me. I'm an anhedonistic, closed down, fucked up motherfucker with an amazing, understanding, perfect wife that I uh. Frankly treat like shit.
Tell Angelina hello on my behalf
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114359 on: September 29, 2018, 09:09:56 am »

Tell Angelina hello on my behalf
Didn’t they divorce a while back? Keep up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7622 7623 [7624] 7625 7626 ... 8169