Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7621 7622 [7623] 7624 7625 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528616 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114330 on: September 25, 2018, 07:46:17 am »

Hey, I just wanted to remind everyone, all of you.

u ok buddy?

Today, now, yeah. Got a lot of help from talking on Discord and getting impressively inebriated.

hehe, drinking is an emotional loanshark, the interest level insane. but it's nice in the early times, just better run when its rent is due. glad you are doing better today.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114331 on: September 25, 2018, 09:13:40 am »

I actually think the problem is reciprocal. Both of you harbour emotions - anger, regret, whatever it may be -
But anger leads to hatred
And hatred leads to suffering.

We must eschew the lesser emotions if we are to achieve non-suffering, peaceful coexistence.

Which Highmaxs' ex does not seem to understand.
I've tried to talk to her about it. If I did something to upset her that she never told me I did, or something like that. It's never anything, and she made a point to say how if there WAS a problem, she wouldn't tell me anyway. This is gone beyond levels of trying to reason.

She's already been talking to mutual friends about it, but no one wants to get involved despite her trying to do so because she wants a mediator on how things get sorted out

How bad is it that you have to get a third party to come in to fix your problems because you don't want to handle them? There's no way this is gonna end well unless during this week, someone else steps in and actually gets her to stop being so goddamn juvinille. Who the hell gets so upset and worked up over asking how you're doing and then making a point to say "if I did have a problem, I wouldn't tell you"? My ex apparently.

I know it's a week in between but she's a charging bull. If she has her mind set on something, she's not gonna change course unless there's a brick wall in the way, then she'll dance around it until she can continue doing what she was doing. It's why over our first actual fight, she broke up with me without a second thought or explanation. Just that it's over, handed me the stuff I loaned her, and that's was it

I'm not gonna fake being friends with someone during group gatherings because she doesn't want to put effort into, you know, being a decent human being. It's an excuse to show up and enjoy playing in games I DM without having to deal with me
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114332 on: September 25, 2018, 11:28:44 am »

My dog is not well
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114333 on: September 25, 2018, 11:42:30 am »

So, apparently, my Mom called me saying my cousin in prison gave her a phone call. He's in there for the bludgeoning murders of 2 homeless people. He basically admitted everything to her over the phone, and said he was proud he killed those helpless homeless people.

This was all relayed to me second hand, but if he had told me directly over the phone, I never wanted so bad to go ballistic and scream at someone over the phone before... I so badly wanted to tell him to go fuck himself and die, to just burn in fucking hell forever. This is the man that was my close friend for almost my entire life, it's just unimaginable what has happened.

My cousin's situation has been on my mind for months now, and it makes me sick to my stomach every time it gets drudged up.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114334 on: September 25, 2018, 12:03:33 pm »

So, apparently, my Mom called me saying my cousin in prison gave her a phone call. He's in there for the bludgeoning murders of 2 homeless people. He basically admitted everything to her over the phone, and said he was proud he killed those helpless homeless people.

This was all relayed to me second hand, but if he had told me directly over the phone, I never wanted so bad to go ballistic and scream at someone over the phone before... I so badly wanted to tell him to go fuck himself and die, to just burn in fucking hell forever. This is the man that was my close friend for almost my entire life, it's just unimaginable what has happened.

My cousin's situation has been on my mind for months now, and it makes me sick to my stomach every time it gets drudged up.

when you think you know someone, huh? it's pretty tough when someone close to you betrays your idea of them in that way. makes it hard not to become a cynic.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114335 on: September 25, 2018, 12:35:36 pm »

He certainly doesn't sound like a pleasant guy to be around.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114336 on: September 25, 2018, 06:49:28 pm »

con weekend got real ugly real quick near the end.

Friend of mine had a thing with a pretty prominent VA, and in the interest of preserving privacy a whole lot of not good shit went down. She brought it to the people running the con we go to every year and the last I heard was that he wasn't allowed there anymore.

Well, lo and behold last day of the con me and a few friends run into him. She didn't do to well knowing he was around (she thought he was trying to do the old "she might say I'm an abuser but i'm actually super nice so isn't it her who's crazy?" thing) but I think I was able to communicate that we kind of got ambushed by the guy. So, I guess he wasn't banned from attending after all.

I don't really know what to do to help. I was very angry but, what am I gonna do, beat the tar outta a vip? One of the directors suggested I get in touch with the guys running this whole shebang so that's what I'll do for now. But if I can't convince them I don't know if I wanna go to this shit anymore. What's the fun if one of my friends is gonna get reminded of a bunch of traumatic shit? It's just not worth it in the end, even if I have been going for like six years.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:33:50 pm by ggamer »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114337 on: September 25, 2018, 07:32:05 pm »

How did she get involved with a Virtual Assistant?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #114338 on: September 25, 2018, 08:16:11 pm »

Nah, she's actually with Veterans Affairs.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114339 on: September 25, 2018, 08:18:00 pm »

Nah, she's actually with Veterans Affairs.

I thought it was a run-in with a Virginian.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114340 on: September 25, 2018, 09:05:52 pm »

I was thinking of David Hayter.

I don’t have a pun for VA though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114341 on: September 25, 2018, 09:11:01 pm »

Somehow.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114342 on: September 26, 2018, 03:05:48 pm »

Getting real sick of people telling me asperger's is just free intelligence with no downside whatsoever.  Especially when we only consider successful people on the spectrum and outright ignore the vast vast majority who are not.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114343 on: September 27, 2018, 12:28:07 am »

He certainly doesn't sound like a pleasant guy to be around.
Certainly not if you're homeless, at least.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114344 on: September 27, 2018, 05:06:38 am »

For some reason, I've been hit with absolutely crushing anxiety for the last few days. I don't even have any deadline coming up or anything, I'll just be sitting working and suddenly bam, edge of a panic attack. It's got to the point where my hands are shaking, I'm nauseous, and way too close to the verge of tears for just sitting in a lab revising.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7621 7622 [7623] 7624 7625 ... 8169