Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7620 7621 [7622] 7623 7624 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528642 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114315 on: September 19, 2018, 06:42:31 am »

I recommend you stop being poor; being poor is an unnecessary expense.

Does your grandmother have great-granddaughter privileges? Check with your service provider; you may be spending too much on allowing her to see her direct descendants.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #114316 on: September 19, 2018, 08:14:12 am »

An odd occurrence has been rumored to happen in a certain pub at night in southwest Germany. If you sit in the stool farthest from the door while one beside it is empty, order a round for yourself and offer to "buy one for the Baron”

Is this a reference to “the Holders”?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114317 on: September 21, 2018, 01:34:29 pm »

What exactly money is your grandmother controlling here? Your own, or hers that she lets you use? If the former, how is the money getting/staying in there, and uh... Maybe you should find a way to Not Have That Be A Thing anymore.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #114318 on: September 22, 2018, 09:44:10 am »

Ugh, looks like no more Duolingo for PC. When I type the address, the webpage is simply asking which OC version of the app I want.

Nevermind, it's NoScript that doesn't like the site.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114319 on: September 23, 2018, 01:25:50 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:41:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114320 on: September 24, 2018, 08:00:59 pm »

Servers fall, everyone dies.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114321 on: September 24, 2018, 08:40:17 pm »

Hey, I just wanted to remind everyone, all of you.

No matter how upset you are, no matter how depressed you get. No matter how bad it is, and no matter who you are or what you believe.

I love you guys. I want you to succeed in life. I want you to live. I want to hear what you have to say.

I know your pain. I know the crushing, impossible to shake pain of depression and the sudden, terrifying shock of anxiety. I know what it's like to get hurt, to be broken physically and mentally. I've loaded the gun, put it in my mouth, and had my finger squeezing on the trigger. Trust me when I say I know how sweet that release seems. Do me just one favor, one small favor from one Forumite to another, and put the gun, the pills, the blades, the rope, down. Put them down and come here and talk. I know how hard it is to do that.

I know, and I survived. You can too. Remember, no matter what happens in this world, someone loves you and cares about you. Hitler was loved by his fucking dog and Honey Boo-Boo's mom has a boyfriend. You can find that love in your life no matter how reprehensibly awful and pathetic you mistakenly think you are. There is someone or something that doesn't just love you, but needs you, depends on you, and looks up to you, beyond anything you could imagine.

We are Bay12 Forums. United by a game, made by a man most of us will never meet. From every continent and many countries, we came together to this place to celebrate our similarities and I just want to remind everyone that you do not and will not ever stand alone. I'm a US citizen, but I count among my friends a Venezuelan, a Swede, a Dane, several Australians, Brits, Eastern Europeans, Canadians, and a great many more. We are one in this. We are friends, even when we fight. No matter how the chips fall and the dust settles, do me a favor and remember eight words.

I am with you.
We are with you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114322 on: September 24, 2018, 11:23:22 pm »

Got into an argument with my ex again. She's completely lost it. She now wants to no longer talk At all but still play D&D together where she says we can talk all we want (although I know she's not even gonna give me the time of day if that happens). She's convinced also that, upon showing her what she makes me feel when she talks down to me or berates me, that she's completely blameless, even though she's aware she insulted me and admitted it because of "science". She's gone too far this time

Im done being treated inhumanely, I'm done being imasculated, I'm done having her strike at my insecurities

But stupid me, I'm gonna give her a final chance. I disagreed to her terms and told her all or nothing. We stay friends or we end the friendship. I told her out of respect, I'll cancel all future D&D games and gatherings with mutual friends and I'll exclude myself if they all want to hang out together. I more or less offered to remove myself from our circle of friends and I agreed (and I'm serious about) to not do hangouts without her, cause I don't want to tear her friends from her.

I told her this and she's already saying how it's disrespectful to her. IT WAS DISRESPECTFUL TO ME WHEN YOU SNAPPED AT ME ASKING HOW YOURE DOING.

I'm in a mix of pure, unending anger and trying to not bawl my eyes out. Nose is watering and throat feels like I just cried, but I'm completely upset that she's once again demanding I bend over backwards for her while she does nothing

It's a miracle that I still have patience for her after this to give her a week to calm her head (and for me to calm mine of course) and then we finish the discussion: we stay friends or we don't. No tiptoeing, no pretending and no looking back

I often burn the bridges when I cut ties with people. I'm a friend loyal to the grave, but if you break that friendship, I erase myself from your life from that point on. I've done it before, and despite being someone I loved very much and I loathe to do so, I will do the same to her if that's what happens
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114323 on: September 25, 2018, 04:02:42 am »

(Snip)
Am I a terrible person for having expected this to be a rickroll?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114324 on: September 25, 2018, 05:55:03 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:41:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114325 on: September 25, 2018, 06:39:18 am »

I actually think the problem is reciprocal. Both of you harbour emotions - anger, regret, whatever it may be - towards each other, and until at least one of you learns to go past those emotions there will always be tempestuous meetings where each attempts to express those emotions.

From what you say, she will not be the first to stop playing the game, so it has to be you. Don't play by her rules - ignore the game.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114326 on: September 25, 2018, 07:25:18 am »

I actually think the problem is reciprocal. Both of you harbour emotions - anger, regret, whatever it may be -
But anger leads to hatred
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114328 on: September 25, 2018, 07:33:53 am »

I actually think the problem is reciprocal. Both of you harbour emotions - anger, regret, whatever it may be -
But anger leads to hatred
And hatred leads to suffering.

We must eschew the lesser emotions if we are to achieve non-suffering, peaceful coexistence.

Which Highmaxs' ex does not seem to understand.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114329 on: September 25, 2018, 07:39:41 am »

Hey, I just wanted to remind everyone, all of you.

u ok buddy?

Today, now, yeah. Got a lot of help from talking on Discord and getting impressively inebriated.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7620 7621 [7622] 7623 7624 ... 8169