Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7610 7611 [7612] 7613 7614 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529260 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114165 on: September 12, 2018, 01:40:28 pm »

Deciding to commit suicide is an absolutely 100% terminal condition. Why don't you live your life to the fullest now? You have nothing to lose if that's what you decide. If you're going to go out, go out doing something that people will be marveling about for the rest of their lives.

You know, I think that was the mindset behind the sky king, that fella who ran off with a plane and did barrel rolls before crashing into the ground
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114166 on: September 12, 2018, 02:40:49 pm »

Arguing with someone on the internet with someone who fails to understand the basic topics of the subject you're arguing about but is really convinced they're right is fucking mindnumbing. I feel like I just spent the last 20 mins arguing with a bag of rocks. Y people so dumb  :'( Dunning-Kruger you win this one you bitch

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114167 on: September 12, 2018, 03:49:04 pm »

I had to try and explain who Steve McQueen was to my girlfriend, but she'd already pretty much stopped listening by that point.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114168 on: September 12, 2018, 05:56:43 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:33:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114169 on: September 12, 2018, 09:05:18 pm »

Arguing ... on the internet ... is fucking mindnumbing.
FTFY
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114170 on: September 12, 2018, 11:41:51 pm »

I met my old platonic crush from uni today. A bit bittersweet but I was happy to see her.
...and now I keep thinking about her again. :(
Let that be a lesson for you kids. You will probably think you have matured at some point. And you will be partially wrong at the very least.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114171 on: September 13, 2018, 01:32:51 pm »

My team has managed to do so much incredibly stupid stuff that looking at this code and trying to think about how to work on it makes me feel physically ill, with no exaggeration.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114172 on: September 13, 2018, 01:40:36 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:33:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114173 on: September 13, 2018, 03:53:08 pm »

Bought a $400 electric mower. Arrived. Mowed less than a quarter of my yard. The charger appears to have destroyed the batteries.

I don't even want to deal with them anymore. I'm just going to return it and buy a gas guzzler.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114174 on: September 13, 2018, 04:05:30 pm »

Bought a $400 electric mower. Arrived. Mowed less than a quarter of my yard. The charger appears to have destroyed the batteries.

I don't even want to deal with them anymore. I'm just going to return it and buy a gas guzzler.
Weird. My parents have had an electric mower for almost a decade, never had any trouble with it.

...although, come to think of it, that was a corded electric mower, not cordless. So, yes, kind of a bitch to deal with a fucking electrical cable on a lawnmower, but we didn't have a large property anyways. I think the thing had a battery too, but I don't remember ever using it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114175 on: September 13, 2018, 04:18:08 pm »

Same here, my father's corded mower has been very reliable.  The cord isn't bad once you're used to it, less hassle than with a vacuum cleaner really.  I don't miss pull-starting the old combustion clunker, or the fumes or the noise.  Or the constant uneasiness of working with a worn-down, failing device which contains an endless stream of explosions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114176 on: September 13, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »

Yeah, no cord. The mower itself has two battery slots for what are basically two big cordless drill batteries. They get removed and plugged into a charger.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114177 on: September 13, 2018, 10:44:38 pm »

So I met someone while working an election. They were very attractive, we talked a lot (which is so very rare for me), they seem really cool and nice, we lived the same neighborhood despite having never met, and we, in the words of a third party, "seemed to have a connection."

And they have a boyfriend!  :(

I'm always ever more convinced that the one relationship I was in was a complete fluke (or alternatively, that it was specifically not a fluke that I attracted someone with deep-seated emotional issues). But moreover, I'm just sad. And tired. Very tired. It's been a 17 hour workday and I am tired in new and interesting ways. But there is not "What made you really damn tired" thread so it goes here.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114178 on: September 13, 2018, 11:56:43 pm »

Why mourn making a new friend? :D

I'm just saying, there's no need to focus on relationships when other good things exist, too.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114179 on: September 14, 2018, 12:08:39 am »

A corded electric mower sounds terrifying.
Also petrol-powered ones are a huge pain in the arse. I can't stand having to use them, they tend to be so temperamental. Although that might just be me looking for excuses not to mow lawns in the past... using a push-powered cylindrical one is a lot more fun, though; just be sure to keep the blades sharp.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7610 7611 [7612] 7613 7614 ... 8169