Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7609 7610 [7611] 7612 7613 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529291 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114150 on: September 11, 2018, 02:33:05 pm »

Thing is, if I install it and it inevitably falls apart, then I'll have installed it incorrectly.

Also I think it's drywall, not plaster. I just didn't recall what the stuff was called.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114151 on: September 11, 2018, 02:46:13 pm »

Thing is, if I install it and it inevitably falls apart, then I'll have installed it incorrectly.

Also I think it's drywall, not plaster. I just didn't recall what the stuff was called.
What you want are drywall anchors. They're plastic things you screw into the wall (don't overtighten it) that you can then screw screws into.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114152 on: September 11, 2018, 03:01:25 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_plug

Couple of them should do the trick for hanging things up on a plaster/drywall wall. If the walls are hollow there's a different kind for that.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114153 on: September 11, 2018, 03:24:11 pm »

Pretty sure it's just a thin drywall sheet and a hollow space on the inside, but I haven't measured it or seen the inside. Notably, it's the partition between the hallway and the bathroom, a wall which is just a few inches and appears to be supported more or less entirely by the doorframe. I'm a bit concerned about the downward force from hanging actual jackets on the thing managing to screw up the mounting even with anchors, but that might be unfounded.

I believe she bought a few of the hammer-in anchors. Don't recall the size.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114154 on: September 11, 2018, 04:35:02 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:29:56 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114155 on: September 11, 2018, 10:17:21 pm »

Now the Colombian consulate asks for my father in law birth certificate, internationally certified and all.... problem is here they already told me that since he's dead they won't do it, only his dead certificate, I mean, I can ask for the appointment but since is his birth certificate he is the one that must go, despite that pesky being dead thingy...

Kind like a catch 22, this trow me back months from us leaving. The sleepless nights have made a harsh return now.

The solution, my brother in law will go as an stand in, since he's the one that look most like him, and pray the minions don't pay much attention.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:19:41 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114156 on: September 11, 2018, 10:55:23 pm »

It feels like my insides are shaking. I can't articulate this well. Just thinking makes me nauseous.

I called sick to work, just because I can't sleep, because I'm too wrapped up in worry thinking about quitting work. I gulped down my usual of ZZZquil, but it can't even touch this level of anxiety I'm feeling. I want to wrap my sleep schedule around, I'm just so sickened by my own stupidity that I can't relax at all. Work's been the biggest part of my life for the last 5 years, and it feels like I have to quit if I want to live.

I don't know what to do with myself at all. It feels like, if I quit, why stop there? Just quit your apartment and be homeless. Just quit your whole family and estrange yourself from everyone. Just quit life and die. Everything just feels like a fucking chore anyway. Everything is just desperately clinging to the pathetic little bit I have.

I mean, I have a bit of money saved up. I could survive for a bit. But that's all I feel I would do; I'd survive for a bit, then die. My life isn't real enough to want to really work for it. I just don't know what to do with myself. I feel like all I've done is accidentally necessitate having to make the emotional preparation to commit suicide.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114157 on: September 11, 2018, 11:29:12 pm »

No no no.... What the fuck are you talking? Your life is real enough. You are just overtly anxious. Take a shower, eat something you really like, and go to sleep. Sleep for the both of us dude and reset your body and mind.

If you are feeling burned by work find another one.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114158 on: September 12, 2018, 12:12:18 pm »

It feels like my insides are shaking. I can't articulate this well. Just thinking makes me nauseous.

I called sick to work, just because I can't sleep, because I'm too wrapped up in worry thinking about quitting work. I gulped down my usual of ZZZquil, but it can't even touch this level of anxiety I'm feeling. I want to wrap my sleep schedule around, I'm just so sickened by my own stupidity that I can't relax at all. Work's been the biggest part of my life for the last 5 years, and it feels like I have to quit if I want to live.

I don't know what to do with myself at all. It feels like, if I quit, why stop there? Just quit your apartment and be homeless. Just quit your whole family and estrange yourself from everyone. Just quit life and die. Everything just feels like a fucking chore anyway. Everything is just desperately clinging to the pathetic little bit I have.

I mean, I have a bit of money saved up. I could survive for a bit. But that's all I feel I would do; I'd survive for a bit, then die. My life isn't real enough to want to really work for it. I just don't know what to do with myself. I feel like all I've done is accidentally necessitate having to make the emotional preparation to commit suicide.

So,  I will now repeat the advice I saw in a thread once were someone threatened to commit suicide. They said all they wanted was a death. The next poster said that they envied them because now they truly could live. Deciding to commit suicide is an absolutely 100% terminal condition. Why don't you live your life to the fullest now? You have nothing to lose if that's what you decide. Go swim with great sharks with a meat bikini on. Go base jumping. Go explore the terrible awful parts of countries that everyone warns you about just to see what the areas are like. What's the worst that happens? You died? If you choose to commit suicide then you have no fear of death. You have nothing to fear from this world so you might as well see what it has to offer in the worst and best of places. Climb Everest with no oxygen. Swim the English Channel with no training. I mean I'm not advocating suicide, but any asshole can shoot themselves or take too many ibuprofen or cut their wrists. If you're going to go out, go out doing something that people will be marveling about for the rest of their lives.

That said, I love your beautiful, fucked up, unique mind, Josh. Don't kill yourself. Maybe change your life, but we would all notice your absence and mourn. You are one of us and you are never alone.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114159 on: September 12, 2018, 12:50:34 pm »

I wasn't threatening to kill myself.... I was trying to articulate the feeling I had lying in bed, that the circumstances of my life are necessitating behavior that might lead to my own demise.

I guess I was just being too obtuse and pretentious. Sorry, I'm being melodramatic for nothing. I'm sorry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114160 on: September 12, 2018, 01:00:38 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114161 on: September 12, 2018, 01:02:11 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:33:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114162 on: September 12, 2018, 01:09:50 pm »

I wasn't threatening to kill myself.... I was trying to articulate the feeling I had lying in bed, that the circumstances of my life are necessitating behavior that might lead to my own demise.

I guess I was just being too obtuse and pretentious. Sorry, I'm being melodramatic for nothing. I'm sorry.

Hey, if you can't be melodramatic for nothing here, where can you?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114163 on: September 12, 2018, 01:18:31 pm »

Ah I see. I was just trying to help and maybe give perspective mate. I was serious though. We love you and value you. If we can, others can. And hopefully one day you can too. 😁
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114164 on: September 12, 2018, 01:21:28 pm »

2Joshyboi Mk-FH
I like having you here, for one.

Also @Baal
Glad to see you making progress there, difficult as it sounds.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7609 7610 [7611] 7612 7613 ... 8169