Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7607 7608 [7609] 7610 7611 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529520 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114120 on: September 05, 2018, 03:05:59 pm »

Oh my god frozen mangoes are delicious.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114121 on: September 05, 2018, 03:14:35 pm »

I accidentally froze some mangoes in my minifridge.

I want to eat a goddam mango.

Oh my god frozen mangoes are delicious.

Top 10 Anime Plot Twists
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114122 on: September 05, 2018, 03:15:04 pm »

I have spent orders of magnitude more time fighting with IDEs than actually working on this project. It's frustrating to an extent I cannot fully articulate.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114123 on: September 05, 2018, 04:25:24 pm »

Sounds like Eclipse to me.  I had a ton of fun figuring out how to set it up to work with C once for some DSP I had to program in grad school.

Heck, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work with Java the last time I tried to set it up.  Admittedly that was for an Android setup which had myriad other issues, but still.  I'd rather write code on a wax tablet than use Eclipse.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:47:35 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114124 on: September 05, 2018, 04:37:25 pm »

IntelliJ. Maybe I'm just not getting it, but it has literally broken from being closed and opened again. I can't work on this app from my laptop because IntelliJ refuses to connect to MySQL on it. It's been a uniquely infuriating experience.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114125 on: September 06, 2018, 05:52:01 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:31:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114126 on: September 06, 2018, 08:13:38 am »

Twitch is an absolutely abysmal website
FTFY
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114127 on: September 06, 2018, 12:21:22 pm »

Clearly it's not Twitch, it's your computer and you're trying to cover it up

A "cover up" that's why you're on reddit talking about it, clearly.

They sound like religious zealots and you've insulted their god.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114128 on: September 06, 2018, 02:32:48 pm »

Burt Reynolds is dead. Heart attack.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114129 on: September 06, 2018, 03:01:57 pm »

Regarding Twitch: They probably assume it's your internet connection that's to blame, not specific devices, but if you can watch YouTube without issues then clearly it's something network related located between you, Twitch and whoever is streaming to Twitch that's at fault.  That, uh, is how Twitch works, right?  Someone streams to it live, and then Twitch broadcasts that to whoever is watching?  Depending on how Twitch broadcasts the streams it's possible that your ISP is throttling the connection.  Live streams are usually served using a different format and sometimes even different protocol to how videos on YouTube are served, but I'm less sure that it could be reliably detected and throttled over a secure connection.  I can only guess that Twitch uses secure connections.

Anyway, for the past few months I've felt a gradual but steady decline in my motivation, energy and drive to do anything that wasn't mandatory.  That seems to have gotten noticeably worse over just the past few weeks to the point that even semi-mandatory things are starting to feel optional, and it's starting to bother and worry me.  It feels like burnout, but remarkably, taking time off twice in the past three months has not helped.  That strongly implies that work isn't the problem, which I already suspected was the case since my job is pretty relaxed.

That leaves everything else in my personal life for me to consider, and nothing really jumps out at me as being particularly stressful or draining.  Yet, here I am feeling completely and thoroughly mentally fatigued, so it must be some combination of things.

Hopefully this is just a temporary feeling, but I know from related experience that this kind of thing tends to get worse on its own and not better.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114130 on: September 06, 2018, 03:27:30 pm »

I think I've discerned where CS graduates that can't pass a job interview come from. My team mates have some how contrived to make it to the final year of a degree, apparently largely by slavishly following YouTube tutorials.

This has led to the situation where I'm trying to figure out why in the name of the dead badger in Dwarfy's back garden they are convinced it's a great idea to change not only database architecture but also database technology less than 24 hours before a deadline.

Edit: It looks like I need to recode massive chunks of stuff. Stuff that I have been forgoing vast quantities of sleep to write in the first place. It's enough to make a man weep.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:36:24 pm by Arx »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114131 on: September 06, 2018, 03:58:33 pm »

Boy, that sounds familiar.  Or, well, not that specific problem, but painful experiences with group work is mighty familiar.  For me though it was usually just a case of people not doing their work, not active sabotage.

I was going to recount the tale of the time I met someone in a CS graduate program who didn't seem to understand much about how programming worked, or at least didn't understand that C and C++ weren't the same language or that files on her Windows workstation were not going to be accessible to the Linux instance running on her FPGA through fopen("C:\whatever"), but in fairness I think she was an EE undergrad.  I've got no idea how much programming EE undergrads have to learn, nor do I fully understand why the department kept bringing them into those programming heavy projects...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114132 on: September 06, 2018, 04:31:51 pm »

Burt Reynolds is dead. Heart attack.
His moustache shall live on forever, shiny and chrome.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #114133 on: September 06, 2018, 04:46:50 pm »

TFW you've been honestly and politely called out for your bullshit and you know it's right.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114134 on: September 06, 2018, 04:55:11 pm »

Congratulations! Once the feels are past, you should now be in a good position to adjust your bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 7607 7608 [7609] 7610 7611 ... 8169