Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7604 7605 [7606] 7607 7608 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528983 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114075 on: September 03, 2018, 01:52:25 pm »

Y'all don't even match up to Armok, and Armok wasn't even the weirdest one on Bay12.

You folks are critically underestimating just how much weirdness Bay12 is or has been host to.
You don't know me, my friend. Y'know? You may be underestimating how much weird I'm host to.

How weird was Armok, anyways? I saw some of his posts and he didn't seem that weird.
He once wrote a self-insert short story where his intellect and digital expertise had gotten to the point where he could write code on his computer that altered the very fabric of reality. The first stop upon unleashing this power was to hack his physical body into the perfect manifestation of flesh and bone, which apparently means an 11-year-old girl.

He also maintained a strict principle of celibacy, in order to hone and improve his mental faculties. Deeply infatuated with cutebolds. And that's not even touching upon the time he opened a thread where he instated himself as a one-man /r/WritingPrompts.

There was also I3erent. Fuck. I don't even want to remember those days.

I get a feeling that anyone who survived the death of General Nonsense toned down their weirdness.

But obviously wierd is the weirdest. Come on, it's in the name.
*Various Nonsense. Shortened to VN, for Venereal Necrosis.

As for wierd's name, the name clearly means that he's wired incorrectly.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114076 on: September 03, 2018, 01:55:33 pm »

... well, maybe?

Wierd and weird are different.
~~~
Ninjad.

Okay, that's neat. Not too weird in my opinion, though, aside from the 4chan eating his brain part.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114077 on: September 03, 2018, 01:55:41 pm »

RIP LSP.
Although the onset of his madness/weirdness came fairly late in his forum-ing career from what I remember... or became more obvious, at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114078 on: September 03, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »

LSP was quality weird. Somewhere around the point they started selling their services as a wizard IRL I think they just lost the capacity to care even slightly about the rest of the universe.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114079 on: September 03, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »

LSP was quality weird. Somewhere around the point they started selling their services as a wizard IRL I think they just lost the capacity to care even slightly about the rest of the universe.
... I guess that beats me. I don't know. Also wow.

Tell me more about this madness.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114080 on: September 03, 2018, 02:40:41 pm »

... I guess that beats me. I don't know. Also wow.

Tell me more about this madness.

To become a Wizard!

...man, and that was before they forsook conventional punctuation and capitalisation.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114082 on: September 03, 2018, 05:24:17 pm »

Got a final warning. Either I have the communist party card by Friday or my ass gets the unemployment kick.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114083 on: September 03, 2018, 05:24:47 pm »

Deeply infatuated with cutebolds.

I mean.

Who isn't.

...Right?
Love, scriver~

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114084 on: September 03, 2018, 05:30:50 pm »

Got a final warning. Either I have the communist party card by Friday or my ass gets the unemployment kick.
Well shoot. That's not good in any way, shape, or form.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114086 on: September 03, 2018, 10:19:58 pm »

I gotta say, baal. I would do it.

Edit: I do not mean to offend. These are my thoughts and what I would do in your place. I know you feel strongly about this.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:29:48 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114087 on: September 03, 2018, 11:47:29 pm »

In the end? Weigh the pros and cons. And do what you gotta do, as you want to.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114088 on: September 04, 2018, 12:50:18 am »

Update, although no sads, although there is a minor anger/disappointment

Moved in today. I need more shelves but otherwise, I'm unpacked and living away from home. Wide awake with 5 hours left until I gotta get ready to leave for class, but I took a 5 hour nap after unpacking and dropping my roommate off at work. I need some duct tape too, because the room I'm in has broken window from a while back when the neighbour ran over a rock and it shot straight through the window. Nearly killed my roommate if he wasn't exiting the room. It's to keep the bugs out of anything

I need to pick up a desk and an actual computer setup now and I'm golden to fully work on stuff for class/my job. Never mentioned this, but my mother is so against video games that I never had the heart to tell her my dream job is programming video games. Speaking of her, she may be experiencing empty nest syndrome already. While I was sleeping, she thought I was ignoring her and thought I was acting juvinille. I was legitamately tired, explained it to her and told her I'm gonna come pick up some stuff I forgot (I forgot my work shoes, somehow lost a sheet for my bed, and I forgot my toothbrush/acne stuff)

As for the disappointment, I'll go over what happened since the last post. I got a call Friday from my Boss saying that the other store would take me, but he needs someone to cover for closing the weekend and he couldn't get anyone. I agreed, and then 10 minutes later, my HR rep tells me I can't go to the other store for two weeks after because I "can't transfer to another store during a pay period" and because I agreed, they won't let me redact the statement. Regardless, I begrudgingly said I'll work when I can but expect me to be late (the shifts were given before he had my schedule for classes and he never changed it because he was expecting me to leave, so he said show up when I can and leave at the times I'm scheduled till). I looked at my schedule for next week and I have EXACTLY ZERO HOURS. So they want me to stay and cover but won't give me hours despit needing me.

Ended today with a victory ice cream with my roommate and a few rounds of Overwatch with good internet.

Wow... I sense your ex is still much into you.

About your job, is anyone you can mail about the situation? Your manager and his boss? The general manager of the store? Anyone? If you are on your way out (relax the other store will call) then have a shot at giving suggestions and reporting the fucked up situation, it might earn you a promotion, who knows?
I actually overheard my store manager talking about the state of my department. He's aware of how awful it is, and he's on the other managers about it, and to quote him "You know what the problem is, you know what to do to fix it, so fix it". I'm glad other managers spoke up saying how good of a worker I am, so I know I'm off the target

As for my ex, I'm unsure. I think I mentioned we had a deep heart to heart about how we both have insecurities in regards to going more intimate. She made mention saying how she's afraid when it gets to the point it goes beyond just kissing/cuddling, she's afraid that he'll will leave her because that's all he aimed to do, and my response was "I hope you didn't think I'd have left you if we got to that point." And I told her I don't date people unless I can see myself spending my life with that person. It's why I take things very slow in relationships for similar reasons (my first girlfriend actually only wanted a physical relationship and when I didn't do much outside of kissing her, she dumped me). She then dropped the entire conversation saying "let's stop here before we say something we will regret". Funnily enough, we had a deep heart to heart minutes before then, and I told her how that's the first time she's actually opened up to me.

Gonna be 100% honest, I do still have some feelings there but I'm at a point where she needs some counselling or something for her mental health. She's severely depressed, she's got a near psychopathic disposition on everything because of that along with a very nihilistic view on life/people/etc, and she's got awful self-image. She actually starves herself because she refuses to believe she's beautiful unless she's 90lbs. It breaks my heart knowing she's exactly like me and there isn't a damn thing I can do until she says "I need help". I've reccomended several places to her for her mental health that are free/cheap, but she won't take it. I've done all I can, I can only hope she takes it eventually...

Edit: thank you everyone who's been just listening/chiming in over the last few months.

Edit 2:

Change in plans, I have a sad. Crystal Clear's site got taken down. I'm 99% sure the guy who made it wants to blame the youtuber who gave his hack more publicity, but I'm sure he's beating himself up over it too because of how he went about it

If shockslayer is a bay12er, and he's seeing this, he should consider reuploading it as a patch file instead of a full patched rom. That's what got Nintendo to go after him. Plenty of sites are still up because they use patch files instead of full ROMs.

There's a discussion going on about it on a fan discord about what's exactly going on, but it's all speculation
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:55:01 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114089 on: September 04, 2018, 01:05:01 am »

At least she's not one of those lizard conspiracy people. You have a 1 in 25 chance of dating a Reptilian Agenda believer*. BTW you'd be tempted to dismiss the 4% of American adults that believe in shape-shifting lizards running the government as people lying or making it up, the worrying data point is that it's heavily skewed along party lines with 5% of Romney voters and 2% of Obama voters saying they believe it in a 2012 poll. If it's just people having a laugh it shouldn't heavily skew on party lines like that, because Romney voters weren't especially well-known for their zany sense of humor.

* EDIT: if you have dated 15 different people you have even odds that one of them believes in the Reptilian Overlords.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:10:25 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 7604 7605 [7606] 7607 7608 ... 8169