Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7600 7601 [7602] 7603 7604 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529484 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114015 on: August 22, 2018, 07:21:50 pm »

+1

I’ve also missed an appointment because I went to the wrong area of the building.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114016 on: August 23, 2018, 12:43:44 am »

I'm really sick and my head hurts if I try to stand up.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114017 on: August 23, 2018, 05:46:17 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:23:15 pm by dragdeler »
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #114018 on: August 23, 2018, 10:20:46 am »

Have you considered moving to a remote cabin in the wilderness where you can build bombs in peace?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114019 on: August 23, 2018, 10:27:06 am »

Fun fact: With a large enough bomb, anywhere can become remote wilderness!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114020 on: August 23, 2018, 12:15:14 pm »

With the ability to make large patches of wilderness to be alone in, with bombs, you need a title. Since you're solitary, why not... uno?

That's it. I've got it. You can call yourself the Unobomber.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114021 on: August 23, 2018, 12:17:55 pm »

Fun fact: With a large enough bomb, anywhere can become remote wilderness!
If they put you in solitary it works too
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #114022 on: August 23, 2018, 12:22:10 pm »

That's it. I've got it. You can call yourself the Unobomber.

Sorry that name's taken by some fella who really really hates Chicago deep dish pizza
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114023 on: August 23, 2018, 01:44:28 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:23:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114024 on: August 23, 2018, 02:28:57 pm »

I'm in a pretty bad spot. The kind of dip thst just wrecks me up too, stomach issues, aching muscles, can't get any rest because whenever I sleep I'm constantly beset by unsettling dreams and nightmares throughout the night or nap. Today I had (what I think is) a panic or anxiety attack for the first time in years too.

It's like my whole body conspires against me to make getting back to level as hard as fucking possible.

On the other hand it completely makes me understand why my ancestors thought nightmares was caused by, well, night mares. At times it feels exactly like I'm being taken for a terroe ride by some evil creature.
If you are feeling unwell to those extremes you should go to a doctor.

I'm really sick and my head hurts if I try to stand up.
You too.

I forgot my appt with my therapist today.
Use cellphone alarms in the future if you have one of such devices.

Can people stop clustering around me ffs.
Well, you are incredible sexy, as every average Dwarf Fortress player naturally is. Our appalling allure is simply irresistible.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:30:53 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114025 on: August 23, 2018, 04:47:40 pm »

I'm in a pretty bad spot. The kind of dip thst just wrecks me up too, stomach issues, aching muscles, can't get any rest because whenever I sleep I'm constantly beset by unsettling dreams and nightmares throughout the night or nap. Today I had (what I think is) a panic or anxiety attack for the first time in years too.

It's like my whole body conspires against me to make getting back to level as hard as fucking possible.

On the other hand it completely makes me understand why my ancestors thought nightmares was caused by, well, night mares. At times it feels exactly like I'm being taken for a terroe ride by some evil creature.
If you are feeling unwell to those extremes you should go to a doctor.

Don't worry, I have. Several ones, to be honest ;)
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #114026 on: August 23, 2018, 10:00:09 pm »

Not sure where to put this, actually. But it's kind of a sad.

I just finished playing The Banner Saga. It's odd...it's one of the more compelling game stories I've played in a while (if rather depressing), and it is attached to a game I really didn't enjoy playing. Normally I'd have just quit and forgotten about it, but the story was enough to keep me going.

I suppose the sad here is that I can clearly see how you could get different outcomes if you play things differently, but I was so 'eh' about the actual gameplay I'm not sure I'll ever do another run of it. Which is a bit of a shame. And there is a sequel, but I'll have to look into that more to see if I'd be interested in actually getting it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114027 on: August 24, 2018, 07:29:27 am »

I tried going to the gym again today, but I can't unmire myself from my own negativity. When I should be thinking of the task at hand, all I can think about is how no matter what I do, I can't endow my life with the mythical 'value and meaning' I'm looking for, life and all living things continue to exist as farcical entities, playing out a childish drama.

It's a fucking stupid line of thought, but I guess I'm too stupid to escape it. I feel like everyone and everything else has a special spark that lets them take themselves and their lives seriously. This spark lets them have self-esteem and goals, and the ability to protect themselves and act on their goals and interests and enjoy them; as opposed to just seeing life as a giant sham which has no value and there's no point in ever taking part in it, and trying to take part in it is a comical joke. I feel this spark was snuffed out in me, and it happened way back in my childhood before I could ever conceive of trying to protect it. It was either snuffed out, or it had to be planted there and cultivated, which it never was in my case. And now that I'm an adult and I don't have it, life is pretty much over, I'm just waiting to die.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114029 on: August 24, 2018, 10:40:55 am »

I tried going to the gym again today, but I can't unmire myself from my own negativity. When I should be thinking of the task at hand, all I can think about is how no matter what I do, I can't endow my life with the mythical 'value and meaning' I'm looking for, life and all living things continue to exist as farcical entities, playing out a childish drama.

It's a fucking stupid line of thought, but I guess I'm too stupid to escape it. I feel like everyone and everything else has a special spark that lets them take themselves and their lives seriously. This spark lets them have self-esteem and goals, and the ability to protect themselves and act on their goals and interests and enjoy them; as opposed to just seeing life as a giant sham which has no value and there's no point in ever taking part in it, and trying to take part in it is a comical joke. I feel this spark was snuffed out in me, and it happened way back in my childhood before I could ever conceive of trying to protect it. It was either snuffed out, or it had to be planted there and cultivated, which it never was in my case. And now that I'm an adult and I don't have it, life is pretty much over, I'm just waiting to die.

Not everyone has it. I feel exactly like you do. I wouldn't self terminate but I'm constantly secretly hoping I have a heart attack.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7600 7601 [7602] 7603 7604 ... 8169