Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7598 7599 [7600] 7601 7602 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529293 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113985 on: August 19, 2018, 05:52:16 am »

Laziness isn't so good for my bank balance. I live about 1 minutes walk away from a 7-11, Dominos, Charcoal Chicken, and a Chinese place.

If I don't do a proper shop it's too easy to buy a $5 pizza from Dominos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113986 on: August 19, 2018, 06:02:45 am »

Well, I'm talking about not-leaving-the-house levels of laziness.
If I was even a little bit less lazy there'd be the risk of me blowing money at any of the various takeaway places in the vicinity... most likely one of the Indian joints right around the corner.

The supermarket is only a few minutes' walk away, too, though fortunately I usually have enough self control to buy the ingredients for decent meals rather than just loading up on pricey-but-convenient junk.

Maybe in some ways it's a good thing we don't have a microwave. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113987 on: August 19, 2018, 07:08:53 am »

Well, I'm talking about not-leaving-the-house levels of laziness.
If I was even a little bit less lazy there'd be the risk of me blowing money at any of the various takeaway places in the vicinity... most likely one of the Indian joints right around the corner.

The supermarket is only a few minutes' walk away, too, though fortunately I usually have enough self control to buy the ingredients for decent meals rather than just loading up on pricey-but-convenient junk.

Maybe in some ways it's a good thing we don't have a microwave. :P

My laziness is good for my diet.  I regularly go most of the week, stopping only for mid-week meals, because i'm too lazy to get food.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113988 on: August 19, 2018, 10:17:13 am »

This is all... very relatable.  I was also cooped up for a couple days this week, didn't eat much, didn't get much done.  I think it's passed today, though.

I think I was emotionally exhausted from talking with my ex and reminiscing about things, while also watching a new show.  Too many feels, at some point I literally couldn't
Like, a point where I had beer but didn't bother with it.  I just read a bunch of safe unemotional junk, and sorta screwed around with projects but didn't have any inspiration.

I think I fixed it with canned grape leaves (wrapped around rice) and forcing myself to walk a bit last night (JK it just wore off on its own time).
Oh crap I hope that avocado in the fridge is still okay...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113989 on: August 19, 2018, 10:54:03 am »

I think I fixed it with canned grape leaves (wrapped around rice) and forcing myself to walk a bit last night (JK it just wore off on its own time).
Turkish place across the road has a few different brands of pre-packaged dolma, but I've yet to find one that wasn't just excessively oily... I think temperature has a lot to do with it, I tend not to let them warm up too much when taking out of the fridge, so the oil can be a bit... Congealed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113990 on: August 19, 2018, 11:07:05 am »

These were packed in olive oil like sardines, but I kinda wanted that (treat food, heh). I used the excess oil in some ramen and I think it carried the flavor.

Really feeling better I think. Made some progress on stuff this morning, and I'm out for a real walk now. Nice and overcast for now, and the rain cooled things down.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113991 on: August 19, 2018, 11:23:58 am »

Heh, when I read "grape leaves" I first pictured them wrapped in  the skin from the berry
Love, scriver~

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #113992 on: August 19, 2018, 11:29:37 am »

I tried to send you a PM baal, if it hasn't reached you can try the other way around.... It doesn't show in my "sent items"

In the bottom-left corner of the message box where you type your message, there should be a check box that toggles whether or not you want to save the message.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113993 on: August 19, 2018, 12:04:48 pm »

Heh, when I read "grape leaves" I first pictured them wrapped in  the skin from the berry
https://youtu.be/Gsk_chXq_uw
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113994 on: August 19, 2018, 12:15:30 pm »

Ugggggh :P
Look, the elite get peeled grapes, and we get the rest.  The system works! :P
(But nah they're just thick, tender, flavorful leaves which I assume are from grape vines)
She/they

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #113995 on: August 19, 2018, 01:04:48 pm »

Meanwhile, I have the opposite problem. My recommendations are usually full of videos from other creators that I've already watched, even if I'm interested in seeing more content from the creator whose video I've just finished watching.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113996 on: August 20, 2018, 10:29:20 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:19:13 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113997 on: August 20, 2018, 10:59:53 am »

Spend the last 90min thinking how I could cripple a superior for life by making it look like an accident... Worst thing is don't want to clam down quite yet; even tough the motherfucker ain't worth so much as  the attention of parasitic insects.
As you  say, most of the time is not worthy. Stop wasting your energy and neurons on that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113998 on: August 20, 2018, 11:02:04 am »

The chilis we've grown this year is quite literally must be the weakest chills I have ever tasted. I think they probably have negative scoldvilles.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113999 on: August 20, 2018, 12:09:28 pm »

Spend the last 90min thinking how I could cripple a superior for life by making it look like an accident... Worst thing is don't want to clam down quite yet; even tough the motherfucker ain't worth so much as  the attention of parasitic insects.
As you  say, most of the time is not worthy. Stop wasting your energy and neurons on that.
Disregard this. Keep thinking about it, repeat the mental scenario in your head.

Follow through on attacks.

Refine your technique.

Account for unexpected reversals.

Always be prepared.

Never let your guard down.

Follow these simple rules, and you will have nothing to fear from surprise communist attacks on your person and patriotic values. Freedom.
Pages: 1 ... 7598 7599 [7600] 7601 7602 ... 8169