Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7583 7584 [7585] 7586 7587 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529540 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113760 on: July 24, 2018, 02:40:41 pm »

I'm not supporter of snake-like alien parasites that take humans as hosts to conquest swats of the Milky Way either.
... Oh. Damnit.

* Descan cancels the Evil Overlord care-package to Vuvuzela.

Junior sends his love.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113761 on: July 24, 2018, 02:42:22 pm »

The only upside to any of this is I'm gonna be moving out into my buddy's spare room at the end of the month if things go smoothly...
I wish you the very best in this venture. Maybe move in sooner if you can?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113762 on: July 24, 2018, 05:45:34 pm »

I'm not supporter of snake-like alien parasites that take humans as hosts to conquest swats of the Milky Way either.
... Oh. Damnit.

* Descan cancels the Evil Overlord care-package to Vuvuzela.
It's really okay, that instrument-country is awful and deafeningly annoying.  :P

Venezuela on the other hand is a solid place once you don't mind the real life evil overlords.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:41:36 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113763 on: July 24, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »

It's funny thinking that with the not-insubstantial-but-not-great funds I have, I could probably live like a king for a fairly lengthy period of time there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113764 on: July 24, 2018, 07:01:32 pm »

It's funny thinking that with the not-insubstantial-but-not-great funds I have, I could probably live like a king for a fairly lengthy period of time there.
The market basket here is around 80 bucks (only for food however), which right now is like ~ Bs. 300.000.000. Consider people survive here with around 1 or 2 dollars per month, sometimes 40 or 50 cents. That's $78 that are really hard to cover. Like I said before, if this country had strong winter seasons or infertile soils we all would have been dead years ago. A lot of people are surviving eating fruits from trees on the streets, specially mango.

If you have the means on securing at least 100$ you can live very decently here. If you want to live like a king 150 or 200 per month will allow you to do that, as long you don't have any other expenses like children.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:14:57 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113765 on: July 24, 2018, 09:43:28 pm »

The only upside to any of this is I'm gonna be moving out into my buddy's spare room at the end of the month if things go smoothly...
I wish you the very best in this venture. Maybe move in sooner if you can?
It's mostly waiting for my boss to prepare transferring me to the Walmart nearby there, and then I can start looking for a better job in the area. im getting the room for a steal (200$ a month) so I'll have to take the little victories.

More of a minor rage than a sad (rage leads to sadness for me) I was told today by my boss we were pulling stuff for the renovations. Right as soon as we were finished because we ran out of boxes, the contractor told us he got a new plan two minutes prior and they weren't gonna do anything with the section we cleared off for a while.

I'm expecting the morning crew to be confused but also more inclined to give no shits...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113766 on: July 25, 2018, 04:50:13 pm »

The one thing Kagus's posts have told me is that Norway is a bland culinary hellscape, where spice and seasoning is just a fleeting mirage in a desert of tasteless food

from the WTF thread one page up.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113767 on: July 26, 2018, 06:27:17 pm »

Shit, I'm an alcoholic. Not really a new realization but still.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113768 on: July 26, 2018, 06:38:51 pm »

There are far worse things to be. And you already have accepted you have a problem, and try to get better which is something to admire.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #113769 on: July 26, 2018, 08:33:37 pm »

Playing Digital: A Love Story.

From system files recovered by J. Rook after the attack on Lake City Local, it appears that Emilia
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113770 on: July 26, 2018, 08:43:24 pm »

From system files recovered by J. Rook after the attack on Lake City Local, it appears that Emilia
... that question does get answered definitively.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #113771 on: July 26, 2018, 08:53:08 pm »

... that question does get answered definitively.

Indeed. I found the answer a few minutes later. I haven't seen Paris anywhere though. (Please don't spoil me.)

So you've played it?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:57:12 pm by Eschar »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113772 on: July 26, 2018, 08:57:50 pm »

Long ago in the mists of time, yes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113773 on: July 27, 2018, 11:31:55 am »

Got a wildfire going only 6 Swedish miles from here now. Hopefully it won't spread.

Edit: Forgot to say Swedish miles, not just miles. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:19:03 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113774 on: July 27, 2018, 11:48:19 am »

Perhaps you should grab some things and abandon your home for the moment. I heard that wildfires can spread with amazing speed.
Pages: 1 ... 7583 7584 [7585] 7586 7587 ... 8169