Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7569 7570 [7571] 7572 7573 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528161 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113550 on: July 02, 2018, 04:40:17 pm »

@ Roboto, what did you told your father then? Because for what you say here I would think you believe the world is indeed against you, either actively or by indifference. And while most businesses do see their employees the way you describe that's not stopping all of those people working anyway. I mean, you could look it that way or try to have a more positive angle on all this, honestly you know you need to be more positive, and things could get better if you try to make them so, but you have surrendered before start, and that way you'll never truly know.

Your father reaching out to you asking what you think seems something good. If you think that he or anyone else could help you then do so. Speak to him about how you truly feel.

My dad acts the same way no matter what I tell him.  Calls me a "useless child" and yells at me daily about getting a worthless job.  Maybe if he actually gave a real shit he wouldn't have lied to me about how my trip to relatives wasn't really about caring for a cancer striken grandmother, but actually about "teaching me a lesson" by having family verbally abuse me on a daily basis until I "chose to leave on my own".

The only people who will consider hiring me is minimum wage no-respect slavery.  The wage is barely capable of anything, life wise.  Basically no savings, no benefits, no hope for affording any rent.  One mistake outside of my control means deep debt as well as losing what job I have.  May as well die.

And then they realize I'm either not profitable (because margins don't exist anymore) or I'm not enough of a mindless drone and they fire me.  In spite of how utterly shitty the job market is, it is of course my fault and I'm the lazy one.  I've literally hundreds of times and went deep into debt to actually be worth something more but all that effort has lead to nothing.  The vast majority of the job market would rather forget about me and let me die on the streets.

Have you any degrees?  If not, have you considered getting a degree? Or some training of some sort.

With no work experience and no singular skills/degrees, your entry level to the job market will be some low level job. In the end it's your choice, but that's the trillema really: either  you get an education, or you get an entry level job(and hopefully get training/education inside).

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113551 on: July 02, 2018, 04:43:45 pm »

@ Roboto, what did you told your father then? Because for what you say here I would think you believe the world is indeed against you, either actively or by indifference. And while most businesses do see their employees the way you describe that's not stopping all of those people working anyway. I mean, you could look it that way or try to have a more positive angle on all this, honestly you know you need to be more positive, and things could get better if you try to make them so, but you have surrendered before start, and that way you'll never truly know.

Your father reaching out to you asking what you think seems something good. If you think that he or anyone else could help you then do so. Speak to him about how you truly feel.

My dad acts the same way no matter what I tell him.  Calls me a "useless child" and yells at me daily about getting a worthless job.  Maybe if he actually gave a real shit he wouldn't have lied to me about how my trip to relatives wasn't really about caring for a cancer striken grandmother, but actually about "teaching me a lesson" by having family verbally abuse me on a daily basis until I "chose to leave on my own".

The only people who will consider hiring me is minimum wage no-respect slavery.  The wage is barely capable of anything, life wise.  Basically no savings, no benefits, no hope for affording any rent.  One mistake outside of my control means deep debt as well as losing what job I have.  May as well die.

And then they realize I'm either not profitable (because margins don't exist anymore) or I'm not enough of a mindless drone and they fire me.  In spite of how utterly shitty the job market is, it is of course my fault and I'm the lazy one.  I've literally hundreds of times and went deep into debt to actually be worth something more but all that effort has lead to nothing.  The vast majority of the job market would rather forget about me and let me die on the streets.

Have you any degrees?  If not, have you considered getting a degree? Or some training of some sort.

With no work experience and no singular skills/degrees, your entry level to the job market will be some low level job. In the end it's your choice, but that's the trillema really: either  you get an education, or you get an entry level job(and hopefully get training/education inside).

I did.  My degree is either worth 50 thousand dollars or not the paper they printed it on, depending on your perspective.  Education did nothing to help me.

Maybe because you gave my entire generation degrees.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113552 on: July 02, 2018, 04:44:42 pm »

I did.  My degree is either worth 50 thousand dollars or not the paper they printed it on, depending on your perspective.  Education did nothing to help me.

What is your degree in?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113553 on: July 02, 2018, 04:48:19 pm »

What is your degree in?

May as well be underwater basket weaving, for all that the world cares.  Shackles me with inescapable debt either way.

I've tried applying to relevant jobs.  They do not care.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113554 on: July 02, 2018, 04:54:52 pm »

Last night was pretty fun until a friend goaded me into a "political" argument about homosexuality, a melancholy topic even when I'm sober.  I overdrank, made an ass of myself, and felt really ill all day.  Sugar masked the alcohol and made me hyper...  Never ever buying that rum again.

I'm not ready for our tabletop game starting in half an hour, and I'm too chicken to even look at all I said.  The end was typical "ur my bessst frien" tier shit, so at least we're cool I guess.  He just likes pushing buttons, and I fell for it hard.  Blugh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113555 on: July 02, 2018, 04:58:12 pm »

I have absurd abdominal pain, diarrhea and nausea. Fuck this sucks. Worst part is it might be my liver from the drinking.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113556 on: July 02, 2018, 05:13:41 pm »

If your degree isn't worth anything, then maybe you should look into train which does have worth. OR accept a low-level entry job and try to get some training while you're doing it, or save enough to try to get your education elsewhere, if your family won't support you. Again, it's not as if you have many other choices.

Oh yeah, *I* did that, how could I have forgotten.  ::)

Which generation is that again?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113557 on: July 02, 2018, 05:26:23 pm »

If your degree isn't worth anything, then maybe you should look into train which does have worth. OR accept a low-level entry job and try to get some training while you're doing it, or save enough to try to get your education elsewhere, if your family won't support you. Again, it's not as if you have many other choices.

Oh sure just let me go deeper in debt for another four years, great idea.

All my low income jobs have done nothing training-wise.  No one wants to waste money training a job with high turnover.  Its practically worthless in terms of resume building.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113558 on: July 02, 2018, 05:26:38 pm »

Rolan, as before, don't feel guilty for anything done when boozed. I mean, sure, it was you, but it wasn't your best judgment. Try to not drink to the point you might lose control of a situation. Also someone that try to goad you to an argument over your sexuality is not really your friend. Unless you are trying to fuck him what you do with your ass is your problem and no one else (that's actually a popular saying here).

Hanslanda go to a doctor and have your liver/organs check up please, with an sonogram. Those symptoms however do seem like some kind of flu, it sounds a lot like what I had a few days ago, I'm still recovering. It could be that or something serious from heavy drinking or sequels of drug use. You have a family pal, do it for them.

Both of you need to stop drinking like I told you before, don't make me immigrate illegally to your countries just to kick your asses into moderation guys!

Roboto have you really tried to put that degree to a use? I mean, search job markets on the internet, not only local but anywere else? Even other countries if you can. I remember you told me what it was about (your degree) but I was exhausted that night and can't remember it. Also I didn't agve out anything to anyone, I swear. I have a meager 3 years technical degree.

Fuck I'm tired. As part of my duties paying back the medical bill to my sister I had to move 96 packs of 45gk (100 pounds) each by myself a distance of about 30 meters or roughly 100 feet at 4 am this morning. That reduced the debt 2 million bolivares which is a net gain for me.

Then off to work at 9 am, shift is until 7:00 pm, I get home around 9pm because of transport issues we are having, there are no buses(no spare parts, tires and so on..) and pick up trucks and platform trucks are being used as makeshift buses, which of course charge trice the price. Anyway, get home, sleep one hour, spent until 6 am in the hopes to hunt down an appointment IF either the internet or the power doesn't get down for some reason or another like is common place, then sleep another hour, get a carpool to be at work at 9 o'clock, work till 7 pm, get home at 9.... you get the drift.

I'm exhausted. In need of a shower and hit the sack for two days in a row. I'll try to catch up some rest this 5th, it's our Independence Day (which is rather ironic thing to celebrate under a ditactorship) and no one works that day.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:29:28 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113559 on: July 02, 2018, 05:31:57 pm »

Oh sure just let me go deeper in debt for another four years, great idea.

All my low income jobs have done nothing training-wise.  No one wants to waste money training a job with high turnover.  Its practically worthless in terms of resume building.
Then look for other jobs. Or join the army. Or volunteer for a NGO. Again, it's a trillema: either look for more education, or get a job that gets you skills, or simply get a job to survive and get your learning on the side. Those are your choices, good or bad, really.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113560 on: July 02, 2018, 05:35:49 pm »

Those are your choices, good or bad, really.

There's also dying.  Which has increasingly looked more appetizing.

Roboto have you really tried to put that degree to a use? I mean, search job markets on the internet, not only local but anywere else? Even other countries if you can. I remember you told me what it was about (your degree) but I was exhausted that night and can't remember it. Also I didn't agve out anything to anyone, I swear. I have a meager 3 years technical degree.

Moving isn't free.  And I'm sure most countries don't want dirty americans infesting the land.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113561 on: July 02, 2018, 05:40:03 pm »

Pretty sure it's the stomach flu my wife had a few days ago.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113562 on: July 02, 2018, 05:42:49 pm »

At least it's probably not your liver crapping out...?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113563 on: July 02, 2018, 05:44:15 pm »

There's also dying.  Which has increasingly looked more appetizing.
Yeah, don't. You are a human being filled with potential believe it or not. ANd you don't seem a bad guy, just someone passing a rought patch.

Moving isn't free.  And I'm sure most countries don't want dirty americans infesting the land.
Some companies would pay relocation, but as you have no wife and kids or a house full with your name on the deed, filled with furniture your moving would consist on only a plane ticket and (what I think would be) a coulbe of baggages. Some ONG would regularly do this. Perhaps your pasion is not on working like regular people but doing something else. There's anything you would like to do to help others? Something that interest you? Saving the wales? The oceans? Fighting for the rights of other people? There's many things you can do to: Help the world be a better place, meet people, learn skill, all at the same time. Perhaps joining the army could work too? Have you considered it?

Chairman is onto something with you. Which is your dream job? Which are your aspirations in life? What would you like to achieve? Think in that and ways to do it, just don be dissapointed and gloomy if you don't get them, just try again, life sometimes has nice surprises for us. Enjoy the ride the best you can.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:47:29 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113564 on: July 02, 2018, 05:57:48 pm »

Are you an American? You could always join the armed forces. Or the peace core.
Pages: 1 ... 7569 7570 [7571] 7572 7573 ... 8169