Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7540 7541 [7542] 7543 7544 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9531082 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113115 on: May 15, 2018, 03:57:43 pm »

I for one hate taking phone calls at work.  Half the time it sounds like their trying to contact us via paper cup and string.  Or it sounds like I'm conversing with an adult character from a Peanuts movie.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113116 on: May 15, 2018, 08:02:59 pm »

You should keep a trumpet and a trumpet mute near your desk for just this very reason.

Probably not bass enough for the sound of adults in Peanuts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113117 on: May 15, 2018, 09:46:46 pm »

"I'm having a lot of stress recently"

"Well lol we're all stressed out"

Gee thanks dad.  Way to point out modern society, all while pushing and shoving me into it like a square peg into a round hole.  I guess having zero job prospects, being unemployed, and being near suicidaly depressed for the past month (and more) is such a minor inconvenience.  I should just follow your advice and just be an entirely different person right this moment.  (Thanks for covering those copays for pills and therapy, oh wait you didn't.)  Why the fuck do I even say anything to you anymore.  Just looking at you ends with you diarrheaing out the same bullshit advice about how even my basic personality is hopeless for being an adult.

I'm so tired people constantly judging my every action and reaction, tired of everything I do or plan going utterly wrong, and generally being this fucking useless.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113118 on: May 15, 2018, 11:37:54 pm »

Sounds like Dad doesn't know how to connect with your emotional strife, and I'm sorry he's not a good source of help for you. Putting in the legwork for getting your own help, though, the doing of it, that's the hard part. You're more capable than you give yourself credit for!

I need other people to see me as capable.  That's how you feed yourself.  My previous ex-boss literally told me I'm the most useless employee he'd ever witnessed.  My previous two jobs would cut my hours literally every single week because I'm just not worth paying minimum for.  To speak nothing of my other pointless hobbies.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113119 on: May 16, 2018, 03:08:33 am »

Over here, if phone service is out for 5 minutes, the provider will have 100s of angry support tickets.
If it's out for 10 minutes, they'll get claims to reimburse part of the monthly subscription.
So basically, phone connection not working doesn't exist here, except for maybe one or two maintnance related hiccups, which usually are announced beforehand.

Consumer rights are a thing here. Hell hath no fury like a disgruntled customer
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:11:38 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #113120 on: May 16, 2018, 06:01:43 am »

Over here, if phone service is out for 5 minutes, the provider will have 100s of angry support tickets.
If it's out for 10 minutes, they'll get claims to reimburse part of the monthly subscription.
So basically, phone connection not working doesn't exist here, except for maybe one or two maintnance related hiccups, which usually are announced beforehand.

Consumer rights are a thing here. Hell hath no fury like a disgruntled customer
Helps that Holland is tiny, too.

I am not disparaging it, in case it comes out that way: tiny territories are so much easier to manage than sprawling continents of land. Less space for corruption to take root.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113121 on: May 16, 2018, 06:22:37 am »

Well, then you have Norway. 5 million people strewn across the entire country, resulting in an effective national population density of a little over 14 people per km2.

We're still working on just building the damn towers to cover everything... Doesn't help that Norway's as bumpy as a syphilitic goose with breast implants, with random mountains blocking that tower from reaching this house and this tower from reaching that house over yon.

My sad was meeting with my career counselor and still basically having nothing to show. He doesn't want to just toss me into something and risk another hard landing like I've had previously, which I appreciate, but neither of us can come up with anything that really plays to whatever strengths I might have. And my CV doesn't even have enough bones to be skeletal, which I still haven't done much of anything about tidying up...

It's just not been a very fun day, all in all. Constitution day tomorrow, so more mandatory social media activity. At least we don't live close enough to any relatives to need to make a physical appearance.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #113122 on: May 16, 2018, 09:32:57 am »

I'm incredibly miserable, possibly depressed, and seeing a counciller, but for privacy reasons, I can't actually tell people all my problems. It feels awful right now.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113123 on: May 16, 2018, 10:16:51 am »

I'm incredibly miserable, possibly depressed, and seeing a counciller, but for privacy reasons, I can't actually tell people all my problems. It feels awful right now.

I feel ya. Hang in there mate. We're all rooting for you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113124 on: May 17, 2018, 01:04:47 pm »

International researchers have found that concentrations of CFK-11, a substance which destroys the ozone layer and has been banned since the Montreal Protocol agreed upon internationally in the 1980s, are increasing.
This means some country, or countries are illegally producing it.The researchers conclude the substance is emitted somewhere in east Asia.

Inb4 we have to bomb the shit out of some east asian country for destroying the ozone layer again.
(to be quite honest, I personally think it is a better casus belli than non - existing WMDs in Iraq, I'd be in favour of military action against a country destroying the ozone layer with CFKs if they won't cease it diplomatically)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:06:54 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113125 on: May 17, 2018, 02:10:56 pm »

Given the US stance on global warming, shouldn't they bomb themselves?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113126 on: May 17, 2018, 02:12:01 pm »

Most definitly (if only for the popcorn sales)
"Dear fellow Americans. In order to make America Great again, your president has decided to bomb California. The projected popcorn sales and advertisement income from Youtube in US-unfriendly countries will more than make up for the material losses"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:15:30 pm by martinuzz »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113127 on: May 17, 2018, 02:26:55 pm »

International researchers have found that concentrations of CFK-11, a substance which destroys the ozone layer and has been banned since the Montreal Protocol agreed upon internationally in the 1980s, are increasing.
This means some country, or countries are illegally producing it.The researchers conclude the substance is emitted somewhere in east Asia.

Inb4 we have to bomb the shit out of some east asian country for destroying the ozone layer again.
(to be quite honest, I personally think it is a better casus belli than non - existing WMDs in Iraq, I'd be in favour of military action against a country destroying the ozone layer with CFKs if they won't cease it diplomatically)

I’ll put my money on China. Well, maybe not, reputable manufacturers and those that sell to western countries wouldn’t likely be using it.

When did it start though? That could be a clue, who knows, and link to the study?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113128 on: May 17, 2018, 02:34:06 pm »

https://www.volkskrant.nl/wetenschap/uitstoot-van-verboden-stof-die-de-ozonlaag-aantast-is-toegenomen~bc12b1d8/
hint: you can get rid of the 'you get 7 articles for free, subscribe now' pop-up by blocking the volkskrant.nl java script (with NoScript, for example)
The CFK concetrations aren't increasing yet, but their decline is decelerating, which means someone is producing it.
The research is published in Nature. That paywall I can't get around though.
The article says that to pinpoint the exact location, it is nescessary to deploy aircraft to measure concentrations.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:38:08 pm by martinuzz »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113129 on: May 17, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »

I wish the ‘do you accept cookies’ pop up would go away in google translate :p and I can’t seem to select the text to copy and paste on mobile.

I was expecting a link to the study itself though.
Pages: 1 ... 7540 7541 [7542] 7543 7544 ... 8169