Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7538 7539 [7540] 7541 7542 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9531487 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113085 on: May 12, 2018, 04:55:30 am »

A wasp is building a hive inside my hammock :(
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113086 on: May 12, 2018, 06:05:29 am »

Mwuhahahaha I found the right script to block and I can read Volkskrant articles again. Until they plug that leak ofcourse.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113087 on: May 13, 2018, 05:27:12 am »

In Indonesia, 3 churches were attacked by suicide bombers in a coordinated attack. At least 17 people were killed. Within 10 minutes of each other, first a bomb went off in a catholic church, followed by two bombs in two protestant churches. A fouth attack, on a cathedral, was prevented when police arrested the would be assailant.
One attack was carried out by a woman, who approached the church with two children, a girl in burka, and a small toddler. When church security wanted to check her, she hugged the security guard and detonated herself. In the other churches, men entered carrying huge backpacks and detonated themselves the moment they got into the churches.

The attack has not been claimed yet, but Indonesian authorities suspect IS.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113088 on: May 13, 2018, 02:58:53 pm »

The triple bomb attack in Indonesia was the work of one single family that had returned from Syria. The mother and 2 young daughters blew themselves up in a protestant church, the father and two sons were responsible for the explosions in a catholic church, and a Pentecostal church. 13 people were killed, and 41 are in hospital.
According to the Indonesian authorities, the family was part of a group of 500 people who had lived with IS in Syria, and have recently returned to Indonesia.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113089 on: May 13, 2018, 03:11:17 pm »

Can't even buy the right drug to overdose on
Ummm hey, could you please not do that? I know you've been having a really tough time and things seem as though they'll never get better, but that's really all just a matter of perspective. There are endless possibilities in life. Endless. Things can always improve. I kinda just woke up so I cannot really find words sufficient to convey all my thinking stuff, but... don't give up.
Giving up often seems so very, very tempting, but in the end it always proves worthwhile to keep on truckin'. Trust me. :)   

According to the Indonesian authorities, the family was part of a group of 500 people who had lived with IS in Syria, and have recently returned to Indonesia.
RIP Indonesia. They need to radicalise their Hindus to counteract it... though from my time in Bali most of their Hindus seem way too chill to make good extremists.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #113090 on: May 13, 2018, 07:53:54 pm »

Why the fuck am I relapsing? I have a decent psychiatrist. I have everything.

Why the hell do I refuse to be fixed? Do I deep down enjoy being a mess?

This is stupid. Fucking waste of time.

Maybe I subconsciously thinks my therapist is stupid and incompetent and that's why he can't fix me.

Maybe he's just stupid and incompetent. That's a running theme with everyone on here who have therapists, isn't it? They don't work. Because if any of this garbage actually helped, then we wouldn't be here.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:13:17 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113091 on: May 13, 2018, 09:52:44 pm »

Maybe he's just stupid and incompetent. That's a running theme with everyone on here who have therapists, isn't it? They don't work. Because if any of this garbage actually helped, then we wouldn't be here.

lols 'cause everyone would've killed themselves.

To be blunt, shit happens. Sometimes the road gets rough, you have to tough your way through it. Therapists are there to give you the skills with which to do that. They're the guide, you have to do the work.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113092 on: May 14, 2018, 03:35:43 am »

I suppose it's worth mentioning that relapses and even perceived worsening of the condition are fairly common effects of actually getting better.

There are a number of potential reasons for this. Part of it is that you're coming into intimate contact with the depth and breadth of the disease's particulars, and that can often come as a bit of a shock for someone who has spent an inordinate amount of time telling themselves "I'm fine", "it's not that bad", and "I'm not sick".

Secondly, if you've been seeing a therapist for a while now, chances are that you are starting to identify and come to terms with the reasons and triggers behind the condition. This can also come as something of a shock, but it also just forces you to confront at close range the very things that make you feel the worst you've ever felt. Which, understandably, can be rather uncomfortable.

If you really did have a serious disconnect with your shrink, you'd have a much stronger feeling than "maybe I/maybe he" said in the midst of a bad moment. Trust me on this one.

So, summa summarum: What you're feeling is normal, and understandable. There's nothing wrong with you that's making this happen, this is just one of the fucked up and hysterically ironic steps on the road to getting better.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113093 on: May 14, 2018, 09:13:20 am »

Ahhhh nooo. They cancelled Lucifer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113094 on: May 14, 2018, 09:16:38 am »

I thought the Vatican came out with an official statement saying that the journalist fellow had misinterpreted what Pope Eggs had said about that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113095 on: May 14, 2018, 09:37:45 am »

I never got myself hooked. See, I did read Neil Gaiman's original series and I found the contrast between his Lucifer and that of the series jarring
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113096 on: May 14, 2018, 10:25:37 am »

Nooooooooooo!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113097 on: May 14, 2018, 12:34:28 pm »

http://tvline.com/2018/05/14/lucifer-cancelled-tom-ellis-interview-save-lucifer-campaign/

Optimism from the devil himself, but why don't I feel convinced?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113098 on: May 14, 2018, 01:41:17 pm »

I thought the Vatican came out with an official statement saying that the journalist fellow had misinterpreted what Pope Eggs had said about that.

o/

I get it
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113099 on: May 14, 2018, 01:48:18 pm »

The dutch word for 'match' is lucifer. Which makes sense from it's latin root meaning 'carrier/bringer of light'

Pages: 1 ... 7538 7539 [7540] 7541 7542 ... 8169