Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7537 7538 [7539] 7540 7541 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9531493 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113070 on: May 07, 2018, 05:29:31 pm »

Grandma passed away early this morning.  She was 1089 months old.  :'(
:(
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113071 on: May 07, 2018, 11:09:50 pm »

:( Let's try some psychic stuff.

McTraveller, picture grandma for a second, get a good image, then write down a 3 digit number with unique digits. Reverse the number, then subtract the smaller one from the larger one. Now, reverse that number, then add the last two numbers together. The result will be:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:11:29 pm by Reelya »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113072 on: May 08, 2018, 05:55:41 am »

Had a pretty serious argument with the friend I've mentioned a couple of times before.  He came over to talk to me, but neither of us was in a good headspace for it, he was very aggressive and kept talking in circles about the problems he's having right now (these problems are serious, but I have no ability to help, I really wish that I could).  I'm certain that his belligerence was directed towards the problem and the persons causing it, but I don't handle belligerence at all well, so he managed to set me off.  We yelled at each other and at the end he rode off on his bike screaming 'fuck you'.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113073 on: May 08, 2018, 01:11:55 pm »

:(

My condolences. Always hard to lose someone like that, even to something like old age. Hope you have lots of good memories.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113074 on: May 08, 2018, 09:50:08 pm »

Sorry pal, my condolences.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113075 on: May 09, 2018, 01:46:31 pm »

Human Rights Watch has urged Dubai to reveal the legal status and whereabouts of princess Latifa bint Mohammed al Maktoum, daughter of Dubai's ruler, as well as president and premier of the UAE, sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum.
Latifa is said to have escaped from Dubai in february, on a yacht sailing under US flag, accompanied by her friend, the Finnish martial art instructor Tiina Jauhiainen, and a Fench-American, Hervé Jaubert, a former French navy officer and spy.
The escape attempt failed, when the yacht was intercepted at 50km from the Indian coast by the Indian coast guard, and UAE navy. According to Jauhiainen and Jaubert, who were released late march, Latifa was taken off the yacht screaming and kicking by special forces.
She has not been heard from since.

In a 40 minute video, Latifa explains why she wants to flee from Dubai.
warning: shocking story
https://youtu.be/UN7OEFyNUkQ

https://beta.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/waar-is-prinses-latifa-dochter-van-de-heerser-van-dubai-~b0d7a2c7/

I was wondering if anyone was actually going to pay attention/do anything about her getting recaptured. Getting HRW irked is at least a step in the right direction, even if it's mainly just symbolic.

EDIT: Admittedly though, calling your yacht "Nostromo" is just asking for trouble...

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113076 on: May 09, 2018, 06:12:25 pm »

Hey all, thanks for the sentiments!
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113077 on: May 10, 2018, 07:10:47 pm »

Can't even buy the right drug to overdose on
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113078 on: May 11, 2018, 02:48:42 am »

There should be a rage thread.
My beloved Volkskrant decided to go full paywall. It used to be only for some in-depth, and cultural articles.
But now, I can no longer get any news from the Volkskrant. Policy change. Every single article is hidden behind a paywall.
RAAAAAGE. sad. Can't afford subscription.

This is how you support the spread of fake news: Make decent journalism unattainable for the poor.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113079 on: May 11, 2018, 03:18:10 am »

There was a rage thread, but it got shut down after Toady realized that people were getting very angry because of it. Concentrating that much rage in one place leads to an exothermic reaction, as it turns out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113080 on: May 11, 2018, 04:14:45 am »

There was a rage thread, but it got shut down after Toady realized that people were getting very angry because of it. Concentrating that much rage in one place leads to an exothermic reaction, as it turns out.
Its actually spontaneous fission. Supercritical mass and all that
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113081 on: May 11, 2018, 06:38:19 am »

People were getting angry at the reasons why people were getting angry, and that made people angry.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113082 on: May 11, 2018, 06:43:11 am »

People were getting angry at the reasons why people were getting angry, and that made people angry.

Sounds like it was on-topic to me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113083 on: May 11, 2018, 06:45:19 am »

Toady just didn’t want to see a tantrum spiral explode the forum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113084 on: May 11, 2018, 06:49:33 am »

Depression and acting out behavior escalating. It's like watching a car collision in slow motion. Can't stop it, just wait for it to be over and watch.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7537 7538 [7539] 7540 7541 ... 8169