Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7533 7534 [7535] 7536 7537 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9524420 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113010 on: April 25, 2018, 07:48:30 pm »

Just got back from visiting my grandma on her deathbed. Going to get plastered and hope future me is able to get to work tomorrow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113011 on: April 25, 2018, 07:57:09 pm »

Hangovers are great for making you sound sick.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113012 on: April 26, 2018, 10:25:48 am »

Stay hydrated, make sure you keep electrolytes. Please do get medical aid as needed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113013 on: April 26, 2018, 12:28:52 pm »

I know. It's more unpleasant than life-threatening.

Thing is, I think it's compounding with caffeine withdrawal (I plan to get off my addiction (Started this today) to it so I can go back to "Occasional drink that makes everything better" rather than "Drink twice a day or else mind fog and congestion") to make me feel like shit in general.
Glad to hear, but oof. Stacking caffine withdrawal is rough.

*Sips coffee*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113014 on: April 26, 2018, 07:08:14 pm »

I've been watching several of the lovely Periodic Videos on YouTube featuring the esteemed and very fuzzy-looking Professor Sir Martyn Poliakoff.

The sad part comes from realizing that I'll never be able to reach the same degree of understanding of chemistry possessed by him or any of his colleagues.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113015 on: April 27, 2018, 06:48:31 am »

It's been literally months already hunting for my son's passport which is the only document we are lacking for our basic "get-outta-here" plan. Once we have that we could leave in a moment notice.

The second level would be to have some other papers like criminal records (the lack of thereof to be precise), university titles, birth and marriage certificates internationally certified trough the Haya.

Sadly this communist dictatorship trows every fucking obstacle our way, wacky schedules, online systems that only works 5 minutes per week at a random time, payments and payments, requirements and requirements and pre-requirements.... it's absurd.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113016 on: April 27, 2018, 07:01:56 am »

It's been literally months already hunting for my son's passport which is the only document we are lacking for our basic "get-outta-here" plan. Once we have that we could leave in a moment notice.

The second level would be to have some other papers like criminal records (the lack of thereof to be precise), university titles, birth and marriage certificates internationally certified trough the Haya.

Sadly this communist dictatorship trows every fucking obstacle our way, wacky schedules, online systems that only works 5 minutes per week at a random time, payments and payments, requirements and requirements and pre-requirements.... it's absurd.

How are you guys holding up? Are you still managing to stay fed?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113017 on: April 27, 2018, 07:49:12 am »

Still holding up, we are not starving or withstanding hunger, but we are not feeding ourselves well either. A balanced diet is nothing but a myth for regular folks like us. The baby food is long gone and it's virtually impossible to find even if you have the money. That's becoming a common issue, there are things that are simply gone.

The other part is to balance the budget, with an income of around 5~10 dollars per month, but a kg of meat costing 2 dollars, a kg of corn flour 0.5 and so on is really, really hard not to be short on everything or at least something every month. A kg of assorted vegetables is around 10 cents, so we are eating plenty of that, but even then there's not much variety. My wife and son are keeping up with some vitamins left over from the pregnancy.

Not everything is that grim however, in great part thanks to a couple of Mc Urists here our life in savings have arisen to 100 US dollars which is quite a small fortune here. It could be even more but some has been spent on food and repaying some debts. However that money is to be spent on plane tickets for when the time comes. I know is not enough but we still have some things that we are planing to sell and it might be enough for at least a couple of plane tickets.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #113018 on: April 27, 2018, 08:49:36 am »

How do you go about that whole ‘donate money’ thing? You have a paypal set up?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113019 on: April 27, 2018, 09:54:55 am »

I have a paypal from the days that we were rich and didn't knew it, thankfully, today it would be impossible to open one.

The credit card associated is long expired but I can transfer to other paypal accounts, so when in need, let's say I sell 5$, so someone interested with an account or access to an account on USA buys them from me, the buyer transfers the price to my local account on bolivares. Then I transfer to a acquittance's paypal on USA the 5$, then he transfers 5$ from his BOFA account to the account the buyer indicates and the transaction is done. I could charge in physical dollars too, but then for a 5$ bill I would need to transfer up to 10$... it's a little complicated.

EDIT: Redacted for better understanding on how money black market works.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:00:27 am by LordBaal »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113020 on: April 27, 2018, 09:55:47 am »

Why would it be impossible to open one?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113021 on: April 27, 2018, 10:04:04 am »

Why would it be impossible to open one?
In theory you could, the government han't blocked that page just yet*, but you couln't verify the account because no venezuelan credit card works for anything in dollars, they only work, exclusively here on Venezuela. I.E. I can't get the free netflix month because they will not be able to check my credit card as valid because it will not pass, simply because it can't no matter the limit.

*Although recently arrested a lot of people that worked as cashiers for AirTM for illegal exchange of foreign currency among other things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113022 on: April 28, 2018, 01:31:52 am »

My anxiety seems to be worse than it has been in a long time.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113023 on: April 28, 2018, 09:27:59 am »

The Emperor protects Yoink!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113024 on: April 28, 2018, 09:28:39 am »

(Insert standard depressed rant, sprinkle with sexual issues, bake at 350 for 45 minutes)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7533 7534 [7535] 7536 7537 ... 8169