Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7532 7533 [7534] 7535 7536 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9524155 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112995 on: April 21, 2018, 01:25:07 pm »

GF decided she wasn't getting enough attention, so she just lay down on top of my phone and pinned me against the wall before falling asleep, so I wouldn't be able to do anything except look at her while she... Well, slept. And then when I couldn't quite contain my frustration with the situation and let out an exhalation that was slightly more noisy than usual, she handed me the trap question of "did I ruin your coziness?" before drifting of again.

Then I read my diagnostic report from my shrink, which kinda threw a wrench in my appetite, even though it's starting to get late and I should eat dinner sometime.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112996 on: April 22, 2018, 09:41:20 pm »

I don't fit into this society.  Its survival of the fittest, and I'm not fit to make a living at all.  I just want to remove myself early.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112997 on: April 22, 2018, 09:50:33 pm »

I don't fit into this society.  Its survival of the fittest, and I'm not fit to make a living at all.  I just want to remove myself early.
Don't do that. It's not survival of the fittest. Social Darwinism is not a thing. Society is very unfair. Don't do something rash. Hard work may not lead to prosperity but don't give up. The best thing to do is to talk about the problems and have people listen. It may not fix things but it should make you feel better.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112998 on: April 22, 2018, 10:20:06 pm »

Don't do that. It's not survival of the fittest. Social Darwinism is not a thing. Society is very unfair. Don't do something rash. Hard work may not lead to prosperity but don't give up. The best thing to do is to talk about the problems and have people listen. It may not fix things but it should make you feel better.

Hiring me ends up being a mistake in the rare event someone bothers to.  Then they figure out I'm barely competent and a drain on resources, and I get marginalized out until I'm either fired or forced to leave.  All it takes is one boss having a temper tantrum, but in the end its my fault either way.  I've never earned beyond minimum, and I feel in constant danger of losing my job.  My resume is worth less than the paper and ink I use to make it, and my degree is just a sad excuse to owe massive amounts of money.

Face it, if my parents died tomorrow in a freak plane accident, I'd be homeless and shortly dead on the streets.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112999 on: April 23, 2018, 03:50:21 pm »

Don't be so harsh on yourself pal. Which is you degree about? And maybe you have been working on the wrong jobs? Not everyone is good for everything you know?

Please don't do anything rash or harm yourself. Keep posting here and you might be surprised on how much it might help.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113000 on: April 23, 2018, 05:52:50 pm »

Which is you degree about?

High school 2: this time you still only have the privilege of flipping burgers.  It doesn't matter.  I've had people suggest tons of careers but at the end of the day there's someone better to hire.  No need for me.

Its like I'm struggling to float and you're asking me why I'm not using that stone I pocketed earlier as a flotation device.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113001 on: April 23, 2018, 06:16:02 pm »

Which is you degree about?

High school 2: this time you still only have the privilege of flipping burgers.  It doesn't matter.  I've had people suggest tons of careers but at the end of the day there's someone better to hire.  No need for me.

Its like I'm struggling to float and you're asking me why I'm not using that stone I pocketed earlier as a flotation device.
I see. For starters nothing bad with flipping burgers for a living. I have done it and know people that forged large enterprises out of it.

Second, how old are you?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113002 on: April 23, 2018, 06:25:29 pm »

I'm 23.  This is the part where you tell me to wait or something and things will get better.  I've heard it a million times.  I've been waiting for a long time, I'm still a worthless nothing.  The only change is the flavor and consistency of the shit I'm forced to eat.

I'm in fast food right now.  Its been literally less than a month and my schedule and pay is already going down the toilet.  In their eyes I'm a walking talking loss to their profit margin.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #113003 on: April 23, 2018, 06:49:01 pm »

I'm 23.  This is the part where you tell me to wait or something and things will get better.  I've heard it a million times.  I've been waiting for a long time, I'm still a worthless nothing.  The only change is the flavor and consistency of the shit I'm forced to eat.

I'm in fast food right now.  Its been literally less than a month and my schedule and pay is already going down the toilet.  In their eyes I'm a walking talking loss to their profit margin.
Self confidence is important, even when flipping burgers or collecting garbage. If you think you are worthless, as you have made abundantly clear, you won't work as well as someone who doesn't think that. This, obviously, will cause management to not look at you favourably, pontificating your own self-image. You need to believe in yourself first before anything else can be sorted out.

Also it's pretty obvious that you have some serious depression issues right now and I don't really know how to handle people with depression.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113004 on: April 23, 2018, 07:01:07 pm »

Of course its all my fault.

Maybe if they didn't hammer me and judge me over every stupid little thing I touch in that kitchen, only to either get the same bullshit after trying to compensate for it or the exact opposite.  Maybe if my previous job wasn't just robotically interrogating customers over useless "loyalty" programs.  Or I'm just an asshole who can't do basic tasks for people who want to believe I'm doing out of the kindness of my heart instead of the paycheck they're supposed to give me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #113005 on: April 23, 2018, 07:04:18 pm »

Of course its all my fault.

Maybe if they didn't hammer me and judge me over every stupid little thing I touch in that kitchen, only to either get the same bullshit after trying to compensate for it or the exact opposite.  Maybe if my previous job wasn't just robotically interrogating customers over useless "loyalty" programs.  Or I'm just an asshole who can't do basic tasks for people who want to believe I'm doing out of the kindness of my heart instead of the paycheck they're supposed to give me.
Alright, since what I said can be taken that way: I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE AT FAULT. It's a fucking vicious cycle. You believe yourself to be worthless due to stress, depression and other life stuff, you act the part for obvious reasons, people react to that and compound it, you feel like you are more worthless. Is it your fault? Not particularly. But one of the ways out is to try to believe in yourself. And if you can't bring yourself to genuinely believe in your own value, pretend. Pretend long enough and you'll probably end up believing it for real.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113006 on: April 23, 2018, 07:13:05 pm »

Failing a sudden boost in self confidence, try combining a good work ethic with not caring what they think. The latter only works with the former, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113007 on: April 23, 2018, 07:20:31 pm »

Failing a sudden boost in self confidence, try combining a good work ethic with not caring what they think. The latter only works with the former, though.

Not caring about what they think results in 16 hour work weeks.  Meanwhile trying only rewards you with more work for no actual reward.

And I'm tired of lying.  Getting a job requires lying out of your ass to look competent and meet bullshit hiring requirements.  Keeping a job requires constant lying and constant ass-kissery to please someone who cares only about numbers on a computer screen.  I honestly feel like I have a paper thin lie about even being a person.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113008 on: April 23, 2018, 07:56:26 pm »

And I'm tired of lying.  Getting a job requires lying out of your ass to look competent and meet bullshit hiring requirements.  Keeping a job requires constant lying and constant ass-kissery to please someone who cares only about numbers on a computer screen.  I honestly feel like I have a paper thin lie about even being a person.
Lying is the fundamental unit of modern society, so don't feel bad about lying. There will never be a time when you stop lying; everyone is lying. It may help to develop a stronger sense of the difference between the normal social-glue level of lying and actual avoidable dishonesty, so that you can stop feeling guilty about the former.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113009 on: April 23, 2018, 08:43:14 pm »

Currently, I see therapy about every two weeks, and I'm on 100mg of meds.  Problem is the constant pressure around me.  By your nine month timeframe, my dad wants me on my feet practically yesterday.  Its also fifty dollars a doctor visit, which I won't be able to afford forever.  My employment is never secure, and near impossible to replace.  All of it is up to the whims of people naturally inclined to hate me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 7532 7533 [7534] 7535 7536 ... 8169