Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7521 7522 [7523] 7524 7525 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9525402 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112830 on: April 03, 2018, 04:04:31 am »

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!" - Magus, Chrono Trigger.

"Gods", fairies, whatever- determinism is a hard thing to accept.  Maybe the meaningful life is to fight against fate.
Or to support fate.  Be part of something greater.

It's so tempting to rebel against the status quo.  But that's nonsense if it isn't for a good cause, it's likely actively harmful.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112831 on: April 03, 2018, 04:42:41 am »

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!" - Magus, Chrono Trigger.

"Gods", fairies, whatever- determinism is a hard thing to accept.  Maybe the meaningful life is to fight against fate.

It's so tempting to rebel against the status quo.  But that's nonsense if it isn't for a good cause, it's likely actively harmful.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112832 on: April 03, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »

Some things seem inevitable, but that doesn't make it fate. If one is attempting to predict the future and sees two different possible outcomes, who is to say which one is fate and which one is against fate? You can try to determine what is most likely to occur, but given our limited information and flawed internal model, this prediction may or may not be the case.
So I don't see any obvious way to fight or support fate, because I cannot tell what is fated. It may be more useful to consider wither you should follow cultural norms or attempt to defy them.

But then, I don't know, lacking information and having a biased world model... ;P

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112833 on: April 03, 2018, 08:33:39 pm »

Class stress getting to me. Sister has joined my parents in being plastered all the time, making me the only one ever sober in my own home. Hours are getting cut and when they call me in, its last minute and I have to cancel everything for it. Possible spinal injuries (getting x-rayed for it because bodily function is fucking up) that can range from a harmless cyst pushing on nerves to spinal cancer/misaligned spine on top of a minorly infected but very painful finger injury.

And to throw more shit onto the ever growing fire, my friends are debating on pulling out on moving out. Its getting to the point I'm willing to kill myself financially to just get this going. I may have to give up on moving to Sweden, but I cant go there anyway if I lose all hope of living by being stuck in a cesspool of depression and misery that I call home.

I can't live here any longer and to only find out my last ticket out of this place is in jeopardy? Everything is terrible

And if you say move out on my own, explain to me how I'm supposed to live off of 600$ per month for food, rent, and other necessities? The main reason why I'm leaving town is because the walmart out where we were moving to is in need of workers so the plan was to transfer there and get away from the drama and 12-13 hours a week at 14$ CDN an hour

EDIT:

For an idea how terrible i feel about things now, I went through rehab, never smoke/drank and today I almosy took a detour to a bar on my way home from my workout
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:40:54 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112834 on: April 03, 2018, 08:38:17 pm »

Ah, Walmart, feeding on and perpetuating poverty.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112835 on: April 03, 2018, 09:10:30 pm »

Back in the land of "Greatorder getting pissed at people for things they do online", I hate the people that, when accused of racism against Muslims, they pull an "Ackshually Muslim isn't a race!". It's like they have no idea how to refute the argument that can be easily implied (ie that they're prejudiced) and instead go and act like pedantic twats to make up for it.
lol it isn't, you gronk.
I bet you're perfectly happy to complain about what a harmful religion Christianity is at any opportunity... :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112836 on: April 04, 2018, 03:57:00 am »

It's my birthday!

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #112837 on: April 04, 2018, 04:01:10 am »

Back in the land of "Greatorder getting pissed at people for things they do online", I hate the people that, when accused of racism against Muslims, they pull an "Ackshually Muslim isn't a race!". It's like they have no idea how to refute the argument that can be easily implied (ie that they're prejudiced) and instead go and act like pedantic twats to make up for it.
I still can't decide which one I hate more between this and "That's not homophobia, I ain't scared of queers".
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112838 on: April 04, 2018, 04:04:26 am »

TBH, people should just get their terminology straight in the first place and they wouldn't have this problem.

Like, if you say someone's being racist against a religion, I would conclude that you're probably a bit on the dim side.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112839 on: April 04, 2018, 04:08:00 am »

My emotions are seriously fucked up right now, like holy shit. I think a whole next-level amount of commitments, deadlines and expectations along with the resulting stress are colliding with the bleak mood I am/would be in anyway.

I just need to calm tf down and start methodically working through the things I need to get done this evening. Ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112840 on: April 04, 2018, 04:08:24 am »

Like, if you say someone's being racist against a religion, I would conclude that you're probably a bit on the dim side.
Well, you'd be wrong then, because when it is completely blatantly obvious what you are talking about, very specific, pedantic details don't matter very much, no?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112841 on: April 04, 2018, 04:19:05 am »

Well, you'd be wrong then, because when it is completely blatantly obvious what you are talking about, very specific, pedantic details don't matter very much, no?
I could not possibly disagree more fundamentally with that statement.

Everyone should say what they mean!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112842 on: April 04, 2018, 04:23:44 am »

Well, sometimes it's not obvious to all parties. I've made some disparaging remarks against Islam as a whole, and got attacked for being against immigration (which is apparently the only way generic Muslims come into existence)... which I'm not.

Like, I don't care for Islam. I don't care for Christianity either, or Judaism, or many of the non-abrahamaic religions. Islam just gets a lot more press these days now that the Westboro Buttheads have been put to rest, so it's a more common talking point.

And not that it should mean much, but I also live in a predominantly Muslim neighborhood made up of 1st- and 2nd generation immigrants, and everyone I've actually spoken to here has been really nice... certainly more amicable than the native Lutheran Norwegians, who are also the only "threatening" aspect of living here when they get completely plastered on the weekends and start stumbling through the streets while yelling at the sidewalk.

Doesn't mean I'm any happier for an acquaintance who was made to convert to Islam because of an authoritarian partner. Ramadan is not particularly pleasant in a country where the sun doesn't go down.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112843 on: April 04, 2018, 06:36:27 am »

Sectarian?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112844 on: April 04, 2018, 06:45:21 am »

Wouldn’t sectarian be more apt if it was a member of another religion saying Islam/branch of same is not as good as their religion/their branch of same?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7521 7522 [7523] 7524 7525 ... 8169